IGNORED

Tuesday 21St Jan Question & Answer.

John Galley

Maybe someone could ask about who may be leaving this window and what SC's stance is on JET? Unsellable at this stage? 

And if there has been any thought as to where the away fans will be sitting next season?

And if the club will be making an effort for the last game in the eastend? ie encouraging others to go in there etc? (long shot I know!)

Maybe someone could ask about who may be leaving this window and what SC's stance is on JET? Unsellable at this stage?

And if there has been any thought as to where the away fans will be sitting next season?

And if the club will be making an effort for the last game in the eastend? ie encouraging others to go in there etc? (long shot I know!)

On Jet

SC: Some people will think he's lazy, some won't. I don't think it is that. He will get you off your seat - good or bad.

SC: He is a sprinter. If you put Usain Bolt in a 3km race, he won't win. He hasn't got the capacity to run all the time.

SC: Trying to get him fitter is something I look forward to. It's hard to do that mid-season. He has PL ability.

Re JET, unfit and frustrating is how I read the reply just posted on Twitter.

Someone on twitter claiming SC told him no one had asked to take wynter on loan and that he sees no future for him at the club..... Surely not

Bollocks.

Q: What's happened to Jordan Wynter?

SC: Can Jordan play as a quarter-back? I know he can run and be athletic and tackle but I need more from him. I can't just throw him in now.

Q: Is it an option to send him on loan?

SC: Absolutely. We want to get to a situation where everybody is after our players. I won't like it, but we need that.

Form what I understand he has suggested Wynter has no future at City

As others have said, this was kind of inferred (reading between the lines), but he didn't say exactly that.

He said he's not sure what kind of player he is and hasn't had the opportunity to see him enough yet to make a judgement.  He was going to throw him in v Watford but didn't, as he wanted his strongest team out and didn't want to risk it.

Basically, unless Wynter shows something spectacular in training on a regular basis, or unless there are injuries which force him into the first team, then SC won't know what he can do.  He hasn't yet worked out what type of player he is and what he can offer, and thus doesn't know if he has a future here.

On SL's stadium comments, he's going for the AG option by the sounds of it but why mention the planning permission on AV? Surely that's pointless if the AG option is the preferred choice?

SL was asked about plans for HIS land at AV, but didn't want to say anything on the matter.

On SL's stadium comments, he's going for the AG option by the sounds of it but why mention the planning permission on AV? Surely that's pointless if the AG option is the preferred choice?

AV also has planning permission for the biggest dog poo bin in the world 

Re JET, unfit and frustrating is how I read the reply just posted on Twitter.

I didn't. But then interpretation is a matter of choice

I'd have to say, having been there, SC was finding it very hard to NOT say "unfit" and "lazy".

I absolutely interpreted it as unfit and frustrating.  SC was getting frustrated trying not to say "unfit and frustrating".

Don't get me wrong, he really likes him and appreciates him as a footballer, but he did pretty much infer, for me, that he wasn't the fittest guy he's seen!

As others have said, this was kind of inferred (reading between the lines), but he didn't say exactly that.

He said he's not sure what kind of player he is and hasn't had the opportunity to see him enough yet to make a judgement. He was going to throw him in v Watford but didn't, as he wanted his strongest team out and didn't want to risk it.

Basically, unless Wynter shows something spectacular in training on a regular basis, or unless there are injuries which force him into the first team, then SC won't know what he can do. He hasn't yet worked out what type of player he is and what he can offer, and thus doesn't know if he has a future here.

I believe Football Manager 2014 will give SC all the stats he needs to judge what kind of player Jordan is. I'll send him some screen shots.

Archived