IGNORED

Tuesday 21St Jan Question & Answer.

John Galley

To me as someone reading between the lines he is 100% genuine and talking about the stadium seating and colours, he wants the ground to be both Football and Rugby...

By putting in Red and Dark Blue seats and having Bristol Rugby play in Blue/Red and City in Red/Blue he can essentially make the rugby boys feel at home with duel branding on everything.

Like it or not it makes sense, especially following direct after a quotes on the stadium, rugby playing in red.

this is the first explanation that I understand and is logical to the quotes made.

That's how I recall it, too.

I was asking about two right footed CBs being brought this window when SC interrupted me and said "Adam will play on the left", not can play on the left, will play on the left...

The rest of his long answer was about his view that the squad is imbalanced, no holding midfielder, no striker who can play up top alone until Barnett arrived,etc.

Not picked up elsewhere I think but he also then said in his answer he wants 2 more central midfielders!

Yep, he definitely said "Adam will play on the left" where he made that error on Sat. Obviously SC shifted Al Abd to the right second half though?!

When he said no holding midfielder I'm guessing this means he doesn't rate Pack, who of course he released when he was at Pompey.

Overall, I was left with the impression he doesn't rate many of our players.

SC also name dropped Federici and Hennessy as two keepers who could come in as "better" than what we currently have. But again it's a money issue and also how would this impact on the confidence of Parish and Fielding.

Encouraged to hear that both Parish and Fielding are doing specific strength training. Parish could come back a unit next season, big frame and more confidence.

Yes El Abd made a mistake Saturday. However I saw enough to think he's a good acquisition and his experience will make a big difference whether he plays left or right sided.

I think we need to consider he's only just arrived and probably didn't even know the players names on Saturday. Can be problematic when it comes to calling and all that. Nonetheless, his was still one of the most vocal performances I've seen from one of our centrebacks for some time. 

I also agree with SC that the quality of the central holding position needs to improve. Current players need to step it up or someone else will come in.

SC also name dropped Federici and Hennessy as two keepers who could come in as "better" than what we currently have. But again it's a money issue and also how would this impact on the confidence of Parish and Fielding.

Encouraged to hear that both Parish and Fielding are doing specific strength training. Parish could come back a unit next season, big frame and more confidence.

We've brought in a forward and a centreback. Only a keeper and a central midfielder to complete the spine. If money only allowed for one, I'd go for the central midfielder. I think we can get by with the current keepers but I anticipate one in and one out come the summer. 

To me as someone reading between the lines he is 100% genuine and talking about the stadium seating and colours, he wants the ground to be both Football and Rugby...

By putting in Red and Dark Blue seats and having Bristol Rugby play in Blue/Red and City in Red/Blue he can essentially make the rugby boys feel at home with duel branding on everything.

Like it or not it makes sense, especially following direct after a quotes on the stadium, rugby playing in red.

makes sense and we all wanna be happy!

Yep, he definitely said "Adam will play on the left" where he made that error on Sat. Obviously SC shifted Al Abd to the right second half though?!

When he said no holding midfielder I'm guessing this means he doesn't rate Pack, who of course he released when he was at Pompey.

Overall, I was left with the impression he doesn't rate many of our players.

If he doesn't rate Pack, he's given him an awful lot of game time. I wonder if he's looking for someone to sit in front of the back 4 who can do it all; pass, tackle, create, be strong... I think at League 1 level and with limited finances, he's going to be lucky

It is rather small time to be worried about a colour just because its the club colours of the smaller city team.

It doesn't bother other cities with two clubs, to them the other club is insignificant.

I'd have no problem with blue as part of the away kit, or with some blue seating in the stadium either.

I actually have a blue BCFC cap which I've had for donkeys years and which I bought in the club shop so its not as if we've not had blue merchandise before.

Didn't we play in blue in our one and only FA Cup final appearance?

Then, after we've sung COYBs at them lot for a bit, we'll be moving on to sing it at Forest, Boro and such like...

Then, before you know it, it'll be The Emirates, Old T, Anfield....

Before then having to belt it out in Munich, Amsterdam and Lisbon....

And very likely then in Monaco or somewhere in Asia against some bloody South Americans insisting they wear red, or they'll kick our shins and knock our teeth out.....

Tch!

I don't think Steve should get something for nothing (he'll understand this). Let's see his blue kit idea is conditional, performance-related. You deliver us Championship football, Steve, then you can try your blue kit idea. Or, a "normal" fan on the board. Whatever people want most. It's not the sharpest move to propose, or hint at, knickers-in-twist-guaranteed ideas when we're in the relegation zone, at our lowest ebb in 30 years (regardless of all off-field successes highlighted last night). Try dropping that one in when we're so drunk on sweet success that we ain't wearing no bloody knickers, and haven't noticed. You know, the kind of polar opposite of politicians releasing bad news when something godawful has happened and it's all over the media.

I have no problem in an away kit in Blue, as long as it is not with white squares... The rugby club blue , is a dark navy, nothing like the gas, and similar to Man Utd blue of a few years ago. The Rugby club badge is a proper Bristol badge too, we need Premier Football and Rugby in our city, and a quality stadium for both. AG has to work for both sports. 

I don't see a problem with a blue away kit. Rovers kit is fairly unique. We could have a blue kit and it be nothing like theirs. I like Man Utds away kit this season. Thats blue, well navy and nothing like Man Citys or Rovers. something like that would be good.

I don't see a problem with a blue away kit. Rovers kit is fairly unique. We could have a blue kit and it be nothing like theirs. I like Man Utds away kit this season. Thats blue, well navy and nothing like Man Citys or Rovers. something like that would be good.

Think you meant to put unique in speech marks there, Sodbree. "Unique." There, done it for you. Or, did you mean "special"??

We did wear blue in the cup final (Toffs still do a replica) and I've seen us in blue at Orient and Northampton back in the day when we packed the wrong shirts.

Suppose it depends, are we talking navy or the Roverzzz blue?

Not at all keen on the latter, in truth...

Don't really see any reason for Bristol City (or Bristol Rugby) to adopt the others' home colours as their away colours. Precedent is there given our Cup Final appearance, as others have suggested, but it'll upset some fans for sure and is bound to affect potential sales. I just don't see the point.

On another note, genuinely excited to be ground sharing with Bristol. I've never been able to watch them before.

Don't really see any reason for Bristol City (or Bristol Rugby) to adopt the others' home colours as their away colours. Precedent is there given our Cup Final appearance, as others have suggested, but it'll upset some fans for sure and is bound to affect potential sales. I just don't see the point.

On another note, genuinely excited to be ground sharing with Bristol. I've never been able to watch them before.

If you can see them at the mem I do recommend it, even if it's just to say you've done it, the blackthorn end is a great laugh when Bris are in town and Rovers are on the M6 

Didn't we play in blue in our one and only FA Cup final appearance?

Yes we did. If blue was good enough for us when we were in the top division and playing against Man Utd what's wrong with it now? There are a lot of lowly teams in the Bristol / South Glos area who wear blue but we shouldn't be worrying about them.

If you can see them at the mem I do recommend it, even if it's just to say you've done it, the blackthorn end is a great laugh when Bris are in town and Rovers are on the M6 

I've never even seen the Minimal from a distance. In fact, I'm not even sure that it really exists...

I'd love to see Bristol get back into the Heino (and draw Munster).

Not sure ive seen this posted but other info from last night.

DH was asked about joint ST's for both football and rugby, this is being looked at, amongst other things such as complimentary tickets for football ST holders to the rugby and i presume the other way around as well.

Archived