IGNORED

Tuesday 21St Jan Question & Answer.

John Galley

Did he really say this?  That's a little worrying.

Yes.

GrahamC began a question by saying "the 2 defenders you've signed are both right sided" and Cotterill cut in to say "No, Adam has been signed to play on the left".

Kinda left Graham baffled!

• Admin

Yes.

GrahamC began a question by saying "the 2 defenders you've signed are both right sided" and Cotterill cut in to say "No, Adam has been signed to play on the left".

I thought it was "Adam can play on the left"? Regardless, Adam's been brought in to give us the option of playing a back 4 in the longer term in my opinion.

I thought it was "Adam can play on the left"? Regardless, Adam's been brought in to give us the option of playing a back 4 in the longer term in my opinion.

I personally think that if AEA is our best central defender (which, based on the level of experience of the 4 of them, it would be fair to say he is), then he should be playing in his best position - which is as a right sided centre back.

• Admin

I personally think that if AEA is our best central defender (which, based on the level of experience of the 4 of them, it would be fair to say he is), then he should be playing in his best position - which is as a right sided centre back.

I think in time his biggest asset will be shown to be in organising the back line, being vocal etc. Weren't we told by Swindon fans that Flint is decent if played alongside and organiser but poor when not? I foresee a defence where Osbourne is moved to RB to be a solid defensive option there when Burns begins starting games at RW.

Yes.

Hopefully the latter.  I just think Williams is our most improved player this season, and want him to continue that development.  If he's allowed to keep playing and learning, I think he could easily be our best defender next season.

• Admin

Really?

Every one of those answers is really odd and not what I would have expected.

find all quite worrying for the club long term.

The last quote was clearly a joke.

SL explained his thoughts about the away shirt by asking "How can you dominate a city if you can't do some things because of the other team?" He wants City to totally dominate Bristol and cited Man U wearing blue as an example of other 2 club cities managing it. 

Can anyone think of other examples of clubs refusing to wear a colour because their smaller local rivals use that colour?

Interesting comments from people that were there.

I was also and the 1st thing i need to say is that our manager is 100% nutter he grabbed SL,JL, and DH glasses of FULL water to demonstrate formation on his table ! the guy is nuts !

That been saying no one can say he inst passionate thats for sure !

For me Wynter is as good as gone 

SL has plans for the dog walkers and im pretty sure they arn't going to like it 

About the away Blue kit, im almost sure he meant what he said and that he would like us in blue for away, that being said from what i recall that statement was quick on the heels of someone saying " will the egg chaser change to red" apparently there is a little red going into their away kit ?

Adam XXXXX XX what ever his name is... is going to play on the left for us 

Wes Burns you will be happy to hear has a bright future, but he dosn't want a Fonts situation for  want of a better explanation. it seem sfrom reading between the lines the lad is quite emotional and subject to issues if we.SC got on his back.

Stuart (ST) asked about having a fan on the board, and the reversed the question on the board and said "well please tell us what you bring to the club", ended up with no way a fan would be on the board as all the board  are fans, and IMO SL was less than happy with the question... Do tell us more Stuart im sure there was more to that than meet the eyes.

SC  happy with both keepers although Parish will become much better where as feilding prob wont .... if a decent keeper becomes available at the right price he may have a go.

understands why people think JET may look a little lazy at time to us fans, but apparently the dude is a great bloke and a sprinter ?

I think in time his biggest asset will be shown to be in organising the back line, being vocal etc. Weren't we told by Swindon fans that Flint is decent if played alongside and organiser but poor when not? I foresee a defence where Osbourne is moved to RB to be a solid defensive option there when Burns begins starting games at RW.

I agree, but this will be when we are safe and next season.  We will surely keep 3 centre halves given the paucity of wingers.

SL explained his thoughts about the away shirt by asking "How can you dominate a city if you can't do some things because of the other team?" He wants City to totally dominate Bristol and cited Man U wearing blue as an example of other 2 club cities managing it.

Can anyone think of other examples of clubs refusing to wear a colour because their smaller local rivals use that colour?

quite honestly that inspires even less confidence. It sounds like he is letting his hatred of (rejection by) Rovers cloud his judgement.

There are many other competitor's to Bristol City FC. just look at his comments tonight about Southamptons Academy.

While on that subject 'If' his comments are quoted correctly he will be in hot water. "Cheating" is a very strong word to use.

"SL has plans for the dog walkers and im pretty sure they arn't going to like it "

Go on....

im afraid there is no "Go on" but from the smirk on his face as he answered questions about it, he has something planned for sure....its a question of watch this space im afraid 

I wouldn't be surprised if SL was testing the waters with a comment about blue for the strip. Maybe something like our away strip would be the same design as Bristol Rugby home strip and Bristol Rugby's away would be like our home? Or whether we could have a sky blue strip without fans objecting like Man City blue rather than Rovers colour blue.

Will be interested to see any developments SL has for the dog walkers ....

quite honestly that inspires even less confidence. It sounds like he is letting his hatred of (rejection by) Rovers cloud his judgement.

There are many other competitor's to Bristol City FC. just look at his comments tonight about Southamptons Academy.

While on that subject 'If' his comments are quoted correctly he will be in hot water. "Cheating" is a very strong word to use.

A lucky escape I'd say.

You appear to have a whiff of the blue few about you.

I shant deny or confirm this to you as i dont know you and following the link they seem a little pissed at it all, and banging on about legal issues etc, so i would suggest no one else comments on it either, and let the twitter nonsense sort it out !

To me as someone reading between the lines he is 100% genuine and talking about the stadium seating and colours, he wants the ground to be both Football and Rugby...

By putting in Red and Dark Blue seats and having Bristol Rugby play in Blue/Red and City in Red/Blue he can essentially make the rugby boys feel at home with duel branding on everything.

Like it or not it makes sense, especially following direct after a quotes on the stadium, rugby playing in red. 

To me as someone reading between the lines he is 100% genuine and talking about the stadium seating and colours, he wants the ground to be both Football and Rugby...

By putting in Red and Dark Blue seats and having Bristol Rugby play in Blue/Red and City in Red/Blue he can essentially make the rugby boys feel at home with duel branding on everything.

Like it or not it makes sense, especially following direct after a quotes on the stadium, rugby playing in red. 

Yes I'm sure this is what SL is planning. To be fair as long as the away kit is a very different shade of blue to Roverzzz then I ain't too concerned.

A small thing I noticed too, SL forgot the surname of our new defender and SC said "Al Abd" and SL responded with "oh, of course - I should know that from the rugby (his brother)"! His interest has clearly shifted a little over the years from us to them. Don't get me wrong he's clearly still fully committed to City but is obviously enjoying his role at the rugby too and has really got into it.

Yes. GrahamC began a question by saying "the 2 defenders you've signed are both right sided" and Cotterill cut in to say "No, Adam has been signed to play on the left".Kinda left Graham baffled!

That's how I recall it, too.

I was asking about two right footed CBs being brought this window when SC interrupted me and said "Adam will play on the left", not can play on the left, will play on the left...

The rest of his long answer was about his view that the squad is imbalanced, no holding midfielder, no striker who can play up top alone until Barnett arrived,etc.

Not picked up elsewhere I think but he also then said in his answer he wants 2 more central midfielders!

Archived