IGNORED

"i'm A Winner."

Rule The Waves

In the Sheff U home game, they didn't have a shot of note - only Flint scoring an OG gave them the win and I bet they couldn't believe their luck. Wasn't a great performance by us but we should have got a draw at least. It wasn't like the recent Coventry or Tranmere games where we were outplayed.

Flip to the away match - we weren't even in the game and they dominated long periods.

If O'Driscoll was so negative like many have said, why did we score a boat load of goals (26 goals in the league alone this season before he left). If anything we were too positive and needed to work on sorting the defence. He did that and was then sacked - in his last 6 games in charge only Orient scored more than 1 against us and they were top at the time. He was beginning to find the balance - OK it was slow progress and I was frustrated like many that we had not made a good start. It did take him too long to sort out the mess. But all the groundwork that was done, all the talk from the board about the long term etc it was all a waste of time.

I probably could have understood moving SOD on if we had a replacement who was more upbeat but fitted in with the strategy etc that the club were trying to implement. With the signing of El Abd came the end of any of that. Strategy forgotten, defence tampered with and JET's form nowhere to be seen. We had a nice honeymoon period when SC arrived but the first half at Orient apart, things have generally been worse for me. 10 points from last 10 games is a big concern too.

I hope that SC can turn it around starting with the Gillingham game. He may do when he stops playing 4 CB's in defence and gets the best out of JET. He needs to do those things and fast else we are down.

At home against a team below us in the league who had yet to win away I'd argue we should've expected a win. Instead we were utterly toothless and - as I've said totally boring.

If football was always like that match I'd never go.

How convenient you didn't post it on here.

On this site or ziderheads, can't remember which, I not only said O'Driscoll would not be a success, but explained my reasons.

On ziderheads at the beginning of August when most were saying we'd either go up automatically or play offs or mid-table at worse, I said O'Driscoll would take us down again.

On this site or ziderheads, can't remember which, I not only said O'Driscoll would not be a success, but explained my reasons.

On ziderheads at the beginning of August when most were saying we'd either go up automatically or play offs or mid-table at worse, I said O'Driscoll would take us down again.

Hmmm but now you have a cry when people are negative about the present manager, who you like "because they stay late".

Anyways, I also thought SoD would not work out, mainly because he would never get the time to implement the changes needed. That was painfully obvious moreso, when people talked of automatic promotion this season.

lets just hope you're right about this one, and somehow staying in the office late somehow leads to success on the pitch.

Hmmm but now you have a cry when people are negative about the present manager, who you like "because they stay late".

Anyways, I also thought SoD would not work out, mainly because he would never get the time to implement the changes needed. That was painfully obvious moreso, when people talked of automatic promotion this season.

lets just hope you're right about this one, and somehow staying in the office late somehow leads to success on the pitch.

When I expressed an opinion that O'Driscoll would not succeed, I expressed that opinion without personal insults, without wishing he was gone. I also said that I hoped he would prove me wrong. Big difference.

Whether O'Driscol would have been successful given time we will never know for sure. Its easy to say he would have been successful eventually, because you can never be proved wrong. The fact is that in 40 games he was the least successful manager we have ever had, thus at the point of his departure vindicating my original opinion.

I have never said Cotterill will be successful because he "stays late". What I have said is that I know he works extremely hard, so for that and the fact he is on OUR SIDE he should be given support. If people want to say in their opinion he will fail, I think that's fine, its just an opinion. But the constant personal insults form some from day one is out of order, embarrassing, and counter productive.

I've only been to one away game this season, maybe the away Sheffield fixture was worse, but in terms of sheer mind-numbing tedium that home game in November breaks personal records for me.

Then your view is not well rounded. At Wolves the team did not compete and played in a manner where it could not contain Wolves, so could not get any form of result.

Brentford was sans everything. Basic fundamentals were not achieved by a professional " coached" XI.

Sheffield Utd ... Abysmal in Mr Cotterills words.

Orient feels like a fluke. The abysmal is starting to outnumber the good, or even poor. That is indefensible.

I remember reading a post by NickJ on ziderheads, during the SOD honeymoon period when most of us still had the horn, saying that SOD would not be successful here.

That thread probably disappeared in one of the frequent ziderhead crashes.

cotterill is on His side, not ours, he manipulated his way into the job through his (( alleged : friendship with our anonymous chairman, of the many awful decisions made by our awful board this will go down in bcfc history as one of the worse, I repeat cotterill is on no bodys side but his own ! awful manager + a embarassment havin g him representing my

cotterill is on His side, not ours, he manipulated his way into the job through his (( alleged : friendship with our anonymous chairman, of the many awful decisions made by our awful board this will go down in bcfc history as one of the worse, I repeat cotterill is on no bodys side but his own ! awful manager + a embarassment havin g him representing my

I tend to agree. I think the bloke has an over inflated opinion of his abilities, although I cant work out why!

What does that even mean "Coterill is on his side"..

His style is somewhat similar to Cotterill's. He also appears to be just as good at winning friends and influencing people. Not a winner at anything in my opinion.

Apart from making a financial killing no matter how bad a job he does... He's a winner at that, like Cowell.

Why would you feel the need to say that?

At home against a team below us in the league who had yet to win away I'd argue we should've expected a win. Instead we were utterly toothless and - as I've said totally boring.

If football was always like that match I'd never go.

I agree- we weren't good that day. Yet we still dominated the whole game and were pretty much robbed. They came for a draw and got all three.

When you compare that to the game just gone when Sheff Utd 'should have been very tired' and we should have been fresh - we got smashed. Not even in the game against a side around us in the table.

Brendan Rogers was interviewed last night on talksport.

He was asked which English managers he admired.

First name he mentioned?

SOD.

Did he mention SC? I hear you ask...

No, he did not.

Why?

Because SC is not a considered, tactically minded manager who build success with a long term strategic vision.

SC flies in on a waft of cheap cologne, held up by strong hold hair gel and a firm jaw, clenched fists and a call to arms.

I am not an expert on football management, neither (believe it or not) are 99.9% of the posters on OTIB.

But Brendan Rogers IS.

And no I am not a Liverpool fan either.

First name he mentioned?

SOD.

Did he mention SC? I hear you ask...

No, he did not.

Why?

Because SC is not a considered, tactically minded manager who build success with a long term strategic vision.

SC flies in on a waft of cheap cologne, held up by strong hold hair gel and a firm jaw, clenched fists and a call to arms.

I am not an expert on football management, neither (believe it or not) are 99.9% of the posters on OTIB.

But Brendan Rogers IS.

And no I am not a Liverpool fan either.

So why hasn't this unbelievably gifted manager walked into another job then, but instead being touted for the Shrewsbury job which he didn't even get??

Brendan Rogders didn't have to watch SODS football for 8 months, or listen to his dire, depressing interviews..

First name he mentioned?

SOD.

No, he was asked which English coaches he admired.

There is a difference, and SOD may well be a good coach, but demonstrated that for us he was not a good manager.

It should also be said that earlier in the interview Rogers also mentioned Harry Redknapp as somebody he greatly admired as a manager.

Would BR still be Liverpool manager if this season he won 2 out of his first 18 games? No is the answer.

He was in the relegation zone at the start of last season. He was given time to implement the fundamental change of ethos following Hodgson and Dalglish and Liverpool are now reaping the rewards playing the best attacking football in the country.

Liverpool are a lesson in patience.

He was in the relegation zone at the start of last season. He was given time to implement the fundamental change of ethos following Hodgson and Dalglish and Liverpool are now reaping the rewards playing the best attacking football in the country.

Ridiculous, yes Liverpool had a shaky start, but they finished 7th overall FFS, however I doubt very much that LFC would have been so patient with a 2 wins out of 18 games start, which was the question.

No he wasn't.

Archived