IGNORED

Mcinnes

Eco

Del was a nice bloke though and had a bit more character than SOD. That's probably why some see fit to give him a pat on the back every time Aberdeen win a game whilst forgetting just how bad he was for us.

Still the fact it was also bad under SOD makes most view Del's reign with rose tinted glasses and conveniently forget how bad it was.

You're spot on

People who are saying Aberdeen are bigger than us because they've won trophies and are in Europe are just deluded.

Just look at the teams in England, the big 4, then Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs etc, then the Villa's, Swanseas etc.

They are all a lot better than the Scottish teams, and bigger. Just because Villa aren't in the Europa cup does that mean Aberdeen are bigger?

Most Championship/League 1 teams are bigger including us. It's just a LOT harder to win trophies/get into Europe in the English league.

However congrats to Del for winning the cup, he's found his level and is doing well. Can't blame the man for that. Always liked him.

Well done Del, smashing bloke and I'm really pleased for him, its ashame it didn't work out here as I really liked him,

and Yes aberdeen are a much bigger club then we are those who say otherwise need to read up on their history,

Well done Del, smashing bloke and I'm really pleased for him, its ashame it didn't work out here as I really liked him,

and Yes aberdeen are a much bigger club then we are those who say otherwise need to read up on their history,

History doesn't mean anything. 

It's all about attendances, players etc.

If they were a big club then why doesn't any good players want to join them? They have Calvin Zola upfront ffs!

History doesn't mean anything. 

It's all about attendances, players etc.

If they were a big club then why doesn't any good players want to join them? They have Calvin Zola upfront ffs!

attendances mean **** all, its about what you have won,

We've never one our top league they have, we've never won a major domestic trophy they have, we've never played in europe they have,

We've never one our top league they have, we've never won a major domestic trophy they have, we've never played in europe they have,

And "history" is just that...

Are you saying Aberdeen are bigger than Newcastle?

Size of club is a combination of several factors...history, success, stadium facilities, money...all of which draw players/fans to clubs.

Aberdeen are certainly no "bigger" than City at the moment, although they are certainly a decent sized club in Scotland and get 10,000 fans in each week.

McInnes was likeable but the timing of his appointment was just all wrong. As long as he learns from his mistakes he could yet go on to have a successful managerial career.

Rhodes got in the Scotland set-up because he lived and was educated up there for 5+ years.

Remember when you weren't really a proper football team unless you had a tough born and raised Scotsman in your side? I miss those days.

Gow, Ritchie, Sweeney.

Do you mean those days?

So who would attract the better players then?

Gerrard has never won the Premier League, Bebe has. Does that mean that Bebe is a bigger player than Gerrard?

Del was a nice bloke though and had a bit more character than SOD. That's probably why some see fit to give him a pat on the back every time Aberdeen win a game whilst forgetting just how bad he was for us.

Still the fact it was also bad under SOD makes most view Del's reign with rose tinted glasses and conveniently forget how bad it was.

Really? Right up until Cunningham had his leg broken, that season started with some of the most entertaining football we had seen at the gate for years.

Sadly Aberdeen, and others, have suffered from the ugly sisters (and I say this as a Celtic fan) draining money, resources and competition from the Scottish game.

How many fans would Bristol City and many other clubs down here get each week if they played in a league in which they had no chance of tasting success, while financial cutbacks saw the standard of quality drop, players constantly signed only on free transfers and no chance of improving facilities substantially?

It's easy for all the fans of the 'big clubs' down here to hark on about facilities and attendances and quality of squads as they live in the fantasy world of racking up millions of pounds worth of debt without a care.

Bristol City a bigger club then Aberdeen! Give me strength.

Sadly Aberdeen, and others, have suffered from the ugly sisters (and I say this as a Celtic fan) draining money, resources and competition from the Scottish game.

How many fans would Bristol City and many other clubs down here get each week if they played in a league in which they had no chance of tasting success, while financial cutbacks saw the standard of quality drop, players constantly signed only on free transfers and no chance of improving facilities substantially?

It's easy for all the fans of the 'big clubs' down here to hark on about facilities and attendances and quality of squads as they live in the fantasy world of racking up millions of pounds worth of debt without a care.

About 11000 of us  :shifty:

About 11000 of us  :shifty:

Exactly right. Of course Aberdeen would be some all-conquering super club were it not for Rangers and Celtic, and Bristol City would be the biggest club in England were it not for the 50 odd clubs in front of us!

9/10 a player would come to us over Aberdeen, no matter what the excuses are or their history, that makes us bigger RIGHT NOW in my humble opinion.

How many fans would Bristol City and many other clubs down here get each week if they played in a league in which they had no chance of tasting success, .

Some good points there, but we might turn that around and also ask:

How many fans would Bristol City get each week if they won the Premiership 3 times in 6 or 7 years, and the FA Cup, and the League Cup, played in Europe, won the Europa League (beating Real Madrid in the final) all with a team with 5 or 6 England internationals, going to successive World Cup finals?

Really? Right up until Cunningham had his leg broken, that season started with some of the most entertaining football we had seen at the gate for years.

Yes really.

Great results and football played against a very poor Palace side at the time and Cardiff were still rebuilding. Not taking anything away from Del but the best football in years? No chance. Two great games yes but the other games home and away in and around that time were littered with tactical naivety. Not to mention the desperate run of form towards the end of the first season and of course later in his second.

Cunningham didn't have his leg broken did he? Either way if you can't recover from your left back getting injured you deserve to go down. I love Greg and rate him highly but let's not forget he hasn't even been a regular in L1 under two different managers this season. It was a big blow at the time no doubt about it but to hide behind that for the poor run of form after his injury is ridiculous. 

Just like a few on here, I'm pleased for Del cos he's a top bloke.

That said, the Leicester home defeat which turned out to be his last game was the worst performance from a City side I can ever remember seeing. He had totally lost the plot by then. Heard whispers that training was really bad under him too.

On the point about standard, having watched a few games north of the border over the past few years, the standard up there is utterly abysmal. Old Firm aside, it's League One at the very best & very often worse than that. We've had our share of players & managers come down from up there and more often than not they've failed to make the grade, even at our level.

Exactly right. Of course Aberdeen would be some all-conquering super club were it not for Rangers and Celtic, and Bristol City would be the biggest club in England were it not for the 50 odd clubs in front of us!

9/10 a player would come to us over Aberdeen, no matter what the excuses are or their history, that makes us bigger RIGHT NOW in my humble opinion.

Depends which club paid the better wages surely ?

And "history" is just that...

Are you saying Aberdeen are bigger than Newcastle?

Size of club is a combination of several factors...history, success, stadium facilities, money...all of which draw players/fans to clubs.

Aberdeen are certainly no "bigger" than City at the moment, although they are certainly a decent sized club in Scotland and get 10,000 fans in each week.

McInnes was likeable but the timing of his appointment was just all wrong. As long as he learns from his mistakes he could yet go on to have a successful managerial career.

No bigger than us at the moment? Sorry but they have just won a domestic cup and qualified for europe whilst we draw with Swindon and are at the bottom of league one. Christ i've heard it all now.

This topic has been done over and over on here ! let's not forget that it wasn't just the Leicester horror show ! wolves and Charlton at home were just as bad, add to that farcical team selection ( particularly milwall away ) and it reveals a manager totally and hopelessly out of his depth ! Lovely bloke I'm sure, and goodl luck to him in his comfort zone, but he's no longer our manager and it's about time the D Mac fan club let go !

This topic has been done over and over on here ! let's not forget that it wasn't just the Leicester horror show ! wolves and Charlton at home were just as bad, add to that farcical team selection ( particularly milwall away ) and it reveals a manager totally and hopelessly out of his depth ! Lovely bloke I'm sure, and goodl luck to him in his comfort zone, but he's no longer our manager and it's about time the D Mac fan club let go !

That could go the same for both the Johnson and O'Driscoll fan club ;)

Liked both but now both a footnote in Citys history, but as fans we are going to have our faves past and present.

Btw Aberdeen won the UEFA cup albeit under Fergie which is what people are trying to get across regarding club stature compared to a third rate English club.

Not even sure Leicester was as bad as Sheff United home this season. Without doubt the worst performance I can remember.

Archived