IGNORED

Mcinnes

Eco

We sacked him and has gone on to bigger and better things whilst we have gone further backwards...

wouldnt call Aberdeen ''bigger and better''

fact is he has gone back to a 1 club league (a league that has attendances of 2,000 at some games). I'd much rather play League 1/Championship football than SPL!!

fact is he has gone back to a 1 club league (a league that has attendances of 2,000 at some games). I'd much rather play League 1/Championship football than SPL!!

Aberdeen are a bigger club than us.

Not the point though, Aberdeen are a big club in the Scottish leagues, people are acting like Mciness is a fantastic manager, maybe in Scotland he is..

Just responding to PeteHinton who says they aren't bigger than us. For the record I think he will come back to England with another club and do well.

The last few months we were worse under him than anytime under SOD....and that says something.

Sorry but the board gave him plenty of time to turn things around....u can't blame them for getting rid of him.

Fair play to him though he was very likeable but the job came too early for him.

Aberdeen are a bigger club than us, regardless of which league they are in... they have won major trophies domestically and in Europe while we haven't won sweet FA.

So I guess Rangers are smaller than us because they play in the 3rd tier of the Scottish league??

The last few months we were worse under him than anytime under SOD....and that says something.

Sorry but the board gave him plenty of time to turn things around....u can't blame them for getting rid of him.

Fair play to him though he was very likeable but the job came too early for him.

Bang on.

Fair play to him and I'm glad he's managed to rebuild his career to an extent.

Still remembered too fondly by some, perhaps because he seemed a nice guy? As you quite rightly state the end of his reign was worse than anything under SOD.

Just a quick glance at the Aberdeen forum and the first few posts I see (translated into normal spelling, because trying to read a Scottish persons posts on the internet requires a great deal of skill) are along the lines of

"We won, but were awful and we have no plan B"

Either their forum is somehow more negative than otib or McInnes is grinding out results. 

How many of you have actually seen an Aberdeen game this season? Because their fans still don't sound convinced! 

But still, well done to him, as awful as he was while here he seems to be getting his career back on track. 

Just a quick glance at the Aberdeen forum and the first few posts I see (translated into normal spelling, because trying to read a Scottish persons posts on the internet requires a great deal of skill) are along the lines of

Either their forum is somehow more negative than otib or McInnes is grinding out results. 

How many of you have actually seen an Aberdeen game this season? Because their fans still don't sound convinced! 

But still, well done to him, as awful as he was while here he seems to be getting his career back on track. 

You don't need a plan B when you're playing teams like Inverness and Ross County every week

Well rather grind results out and be 2nd with a trophy win then fighting relegation in all honesty... Arsenal used to be extremely negative but were successful hence the song '1-0 to the Arsenal'.

Good luck to Del anyway, he took them into Europe. Think I said before but some Rangers fans I know, highly rate him and reckon he will become a very good manager one day.

Thet lost their best attacking player, Pawlett, before the game then Hayes, also a good attacker, early on which probably affected their performance today.

I watch Sportscene every week, they don't score a huge amount of goals but the players seem very committed and they have a bit of quality too, eg Barry Robson, Peter Pawlett, McGinn, Willo Flood.

The side they beat in the final had an ex Bath City player in their line up and an ex Mangotsfield one suspended.

Several sides in the SPL get games sub 3000 and Aberdeen's gates have been well below ours for years.

It is a piss poor standard as messrs Morris, Wilson and Foster demonstrated when he signed them for us.

McInnes also didn't ever move his family down whilst in charge of us so Scotland is probably where he'll stay.

The side they beat in the final had an ex Bath City player in their line up and an ex Mangotsfield one suspended.

Several sides in the SPL get games sub 3000 and Aberdeen's gates have been well below ours for years.

It is a piss poor standard as messrs Morris, Wilson and a Foster demonstrated when he signed them for us.

McInnes also didn't ever move his family down whilst in charge of us so Scotland is probably where he'll stay.

I take it you mean Gary Warren, he would have done better than our 300k man Flint this season

It is a piss poor standard as messrs Morris, Wilson and a Foster demonstrated when he signed them for us.

But they're in Europe, they won a domestic trophy.

The standard of league is irrelevant, as if all clubs are as piss poor as each other then it would take a half decent manager to take them into the top 3 being a relatively level playing field.

And if its a poor standard so much then how come there have been a number of successful players from Scotland coming down South over the years?

But they're in Europe, they won a domestic trophy.

The standard of league is irrelevant, as if all clubs are as piss poor as each other then it would take a half decent manager to take them into the top 3 being a relatively level playing field.

And if its a poor standard so much then how come there have been a number of successful players from Scotland coming down South over the years?

Like Foster, Jody Morris, Marc Wilson??

Aberdeen are a bigger club than us, regardless of which league they are in... they have won major trophies domestically and in Europe while we haven't won sweet FA.

So I guess Rangers are smaller than us because they play in the 3rd tier of the Scottish league??

Good points. But really, the one difference in this between Aberdeen and us: they had Alec Ferguson for 7 or 8 years. Just let yourself run with this little flight-of-fancy for a moment or two and imagine what might have been, had we asked the young St Mirren manager in 1978 to take over from Alan Dicks. Sometimes, football can be simply a matter of good fortune

Always amusing how people list out the same couple of players as 'evidence'.

I'm sure you aren't ignorant enough to not know the names of the many players that have come down from the Scottish leagues and currently play at a higher level than City find themselves at.

And the considerably more who haven't and never will.

Archived