IGNORED

City Top The Fair Play League Last Season

TNBT

I know Aizoon just proves our players int hard enough need to be more ruthless don't get people complaining bout El Abd think we need a player like him but do wish he'd cut out some the stupid freekicks settle in bit more, hopefully he'll be settled in by next season & we can keep some clean sheets fighting for promotion not relegation.

Skuse has a decent excuse for not getting near Doyle in that he didn't play that day.

That is the sort of pathetic 'not my fault' attitude that drags down relegation candidates. We need considerably more ownership and accountability than this through the team and through the whole club.

Come on City, get it bloody sorted.

The one pushing for a playoff place for premier league football with Ipswich, playing week in week out? They're doing that in spite of Skuse, presumably.

Just goes to show how little fight he put in when we got relegated. We did that in spite of Skuse, presumably.

Picking up cards is an occupational hazard for a DM you expect your midfielders to be occasionally suspended. Being top of the fair play league is a sign your team us not strong or clever enough. IMO

Just goes to show how little fight he put in when we got relegated. We did that in spite of Skuse, presumably.

Picking up cards is an occupational hazard for a DM you expect your midfielders to be occasionally suspended. Being top of the fair play league is a sign your team us not strong or clever enough. IMO

Skuse is a bad example IMO.

He's been an integral part of a team who could well still be in the premier league next season, and their fans speak highly of his performances. He's hardly a Lee Cattermole type of bruising CDM anyway is he.

Frankly I'd rather my key players were consistently available for selection by being clever enough NOT to get themselves suspended all the time. He's picked up 3 yellows this season, the same as last season, in the same league.

Perhaps he's flourishing because he's around better players this season. Or perhaps as a team we were just shit!

Funnily enough, Liverpool are 2nd in the fair play table this season whilst Sunderland are 18th. I imagine Sunderland's fans aren't exactly jumping for joy about having fight and strength considering they've been propping the table up all season. Likewise I can't see Liverpool fans berating their lack of fight.

Pointless stat IMO. Number of cards received in a season and performance of the team during that season has only a very limited correlation in the main.

I'm not picking on Skuse specifically but he was one of our "leaders" and his battling spirit, pride, and commitment must be questioned. In my opinion he is one of the most over rated players I've ever seen. But hey, I'll leave it.

Agree the more skilful teams don't need to resort to nasty tactics, they don't need to. BUT we were bottom of the year virtually all year and TOP of the nice boy league. Pretty awful stat.

I'm not picking on Skuse specifically but he was one of our "leaders" and his battling spirit, pride, and commitment must be questioned. In my opinion he is one of the most over rated players I've ever seen.

Obviously you don't know a decent player when you see one.

Archived