IGNORED

Released Players... (Merged)

Hydey

Because he is dreadful I would imagine....

As is Mitch Brundle by all accounts, who has basically never played for us, yet he commented on his professionalism and hard work etc...

It's obvious that he doesn't rate him, just seemed a bit strange that he didn't mention him at all!

Thought Chelsea were trying to pinch Krans before, seems he has potential wonder what the situation was there?

Thy heard Clarkson was getting released and have focused their efforts on him. I mean he can't be any worse than Torres, he did play for Barcelona you know! :whistle:

Knowing what I know about another player's contract negotiations, a player that left us a while ago not one of these mentioned, I expect contract negotiations have been going on for a while. This player left in the summer yet had been talking to the club since the previous September, quite a distraction throughout the season.

When he eventually left everyone wished him good luck and assumed the club hadn't tried to keep him, but they had. He wanted 2 years, the club only offered 1 which he wouldn't accept. Eventually the club agreed to give him the 2 years...on half the money. He declined. I have never seen anything where the club has said they tried to keep this player, even though they did.

My point is, perhaps some of these players have been offered contracts they have declined. Don't assume they have just been released.

I thought that, suggests another club interested, though he is under contract I guess for another year, they were talking about an extension. Unlike Bolasie, Wes does appear to fit into SC plans, and in a team that ( we hope...) not fighting relegation and has some confidence, players like Wes can shine a lot easier. 

He's also under 24 so we'd get money regardless.

I don't think Bobby Reid has it. Not good enough in my book. I would rather have given a new deal to a fully fit Pearson who is more dynamic and versatile.

WHAT!?

Pearson - injured most of the time, never scores, no pace but has a left foot!!! vs Bobby Reid, young up and coming Bristol boy who has potential, OK he might not reach that potential but then again he might go way beyond Bristol City.

I'd much rather Reid 1000 times over the likes of Pearson.

WHAT!?

Pearson - injured most of the time, never scores, no pace but has a left foot!!! vs Bobby Reid, young up and coming Bristol boy who has potential, OK he might not reach that potential but then again he might go way beyond Bristol City.

I'd much rather Reid 1000 times over the likes of Pearson.

Pearson scores a hell of alot more then reid,

not that i want to keep him mind

Or the offer is only for one year and he wants more - which would be reasonable.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the other way round cynic - they may be offering a 5 year deal on the money he's on at the moment and he only wants 2 because in 5 years, if he carries on a tthe rate some predict, he'll command more than what he could ask for now.

Clubs have sniffed around youngsters for less than what he did in 10 minutes agains Watford in the cup...

He's a Wobber & a Wapist..

Why welease him? Fans have linked us to far more odious players...

Krans: thought he was showing real promise, etc etc???  Another youngster fails to fulfil early promise - shame

However, IIRC, we used to have loads of former England schoolboy internationals, none of whom really advanced up the league, so guess it's hardly surprising - promise as a kid does not equal performance as an adult.

Good luck to all of them, and thanks for all your hard work.

Archived