IGNORED

All The Best Fonts, Carey & Marv

kachina

Hear from those in the know that Louis Carey, Liam Fontaine & Marvin Elliott have all been released, good luck in the future lads.

No decision yet made on Stephen Pearson.

Sam Baldock, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Greg Cunningham & Derrick Williams have been offered extended deals.

No news given out about any of the loan players and if offers will be made.

Carey may be offered a place in the youth team couching set up, but nothing as of yet is finalised.

This is what I have been told by someone in the PA, and the club will be expected to announce the above during tomorrow,

Hear from those in the know that Louis Carey, Liam Fontaine & Marvin Elliott have all been released, good luck in the future lads.

Sam Baldock, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Greg Cunningham & Derrick Williams have been offered extended deals.

Carey may be offered a place in the youth team couching set up, but nothing as of yet is finalised.

This is what I have been told by someone in the PA, and the club will be expected to announce the above during tomorrow,

This is all very interesting i'm sure but don't you know that the Gas have been relegated ?

;0)

Thanks for the info Kachina ,no great shocks for the gang of 3 .

Good that new deals (better i presume ? ) are being offered to the others mentionned and wait and see time for the rest .

Carey working his magic again...'kinnel...will we ever learn...

Sorry, you might well be right about this but I remember the time you said hearing from "those that know" that Robbie Savage was signing for us in a January transfer window!

I remember that well as I actually posted the fake rumour on Football Rumours shortly before you posted it on here!

You may well be right though so apologies if so!

It should be noted we're saying goodbye to 1174 appearances between them.

Thanks for the font size,the first time in years i've been able to easily read a post.

It's really the changing of the old guard .Seems like these guys have always been at City .

Thanks to them for the memories all of which have become our history.

I'll miss them, but it really is time to move on & build on the 2nd half of what we've done this season. Most of that was done without them (well once Marv got injured v Oldham that is), & hopefully the money we save from not having to pay championship wages, will help finance a few new future heroes for us.

Carey apart, who I hope will retire from the pro game, it's clearly time for this manager to bring in his own players, for Marv read wade, for Fontaine read Nosworthy I hope.

Not sure how much I buy into this 'in the know post'. It's obvious that Carey, Fonts and (probably) Marv would be leaving. The biggest question mark would have been over Pearson. Not rocket science.

As for the contract extensions, Baldock, JET and Williams all have a year to go. Cunningham I believe has two. I'd be very surprised if we were in a position to re-negotiate contracts a year in advance considering we're a league 1 club.

Having said that, I'd love it if this was true. It would be great to tie those players down for longer.

Sorry, you might well be right about this but I remember the time you said hearing from "those that know" that Robbie Savage was signing for us in a January transfer window!

I remember that well as I actually posted the fake rumour on Football Rumours shortly before you posted it on here!

You may well be right though so apologies if so!

I remember Kachina saying his source had told him that McInnes wasn't coming here and we had agreed a deal with Mark Robbins instead..about 6 hours later the news was officially announced Del was our new manager!

It should be noted we're saying goodbye to 1174 appearances between them.

It's a shame because in reality, to have such experience, it comes with older age, and sadly, it doesn't come alone...

Carey isn't staying in football full time, likely to do some part time coaching with the kids, but he's spent the last year or so setting up his own business so majority of his focus is on that full time.

Three good servants to the club, but time to move on. For too long we've been a club based on sentiment rather than actual achievement, and the fact is that none of them have contributed very much at all over the last couple of years.

In with the new...

All, by and large, done a superb job at AG. I have particularly liked Marvin's more recent contributions.. for a while there it looked like he was re-borne only to get crocked again. Well done lads if it is the swan song and farewell. You have been fabulous servants to the club especially Louis of course.

Archived