IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

And Its Smith

The first test is approaching and this new England team will probably be selected after the Ashes debacle:

1. Cook

2. Robson (or Carberry)

3. Bell

4. Root

5. Ballance

6. Ali

7. Prior

8. Stokes

9. Broad

10. Jordan

11. Anderson

It's a pretty exciting team I reckon.  5 either brand new or newish players.  We are just missing a good spinner.

The first test is approaching and this new England team will probably be selected after the Ashes debacle:

1. Cook

2. Robson (or Carberry)

3. Bell

4. Root

5. Ballance

6. Ali

7. Prior

8. Stokes

9. Broad

10. Jordan

11. Anderson

It's a pretty exciting team I reckon.  5 either brand new or newish players.  We are just missing a good spinner.

Can't get as excited as you ! 

I'd take out Ballance & Robson as they're not English, although depressingly they appear to be well thought of. I'd swop Bairstow for Prior and bring in Monty while moving Ali, Bairstow, Stokes & Broad up a place.

The first test is approaching and this new England team will probably be selected after the Ashes debacle:

1. Cook

2. Robson (or Carberry)

3. Bell

4. Root

5. Ballance

6. Ali

7. Prior

8. Stokes

9. Broad

10. Jordan

11. Anderson

It's a pretty exciting team I reckon. 5 either brand new or newish players. We are just missing a good spinner.

I don't think there's enough balance in the bowling: Ali and Root are fine as a second spinner, but at test level they don't offer enought threat. Conversely, Jordan and Stokes aren't really strike bowlers so you're very reliant on Anderson and Broad to take wickets. I'd probably replace Jordan with a spinner, but who I don't know. I'd replace Prior with Bairstow or Buttler too

Can't get as excited as you ! 

I'd take out Ballance & Robson as they're not English, although depressingly they appear to be well thought of. I'd swop Bairstow for Prior and bring in Monty while moving Ali, Bairstow, Stokes & Broad up a place.

Jordan isn't English either but you have to keep him the first XI.. maybe now as we have no world class spinner blood Kerrigan through and not abandon him after 1 test.

Jordan isn't English either but you have to keep him the first XI.. maybe now as we have no world class spinner blood Kerrigan through and not abandon him after 1 test.

Didn't realise he wasn't English but listening to him beng interviewed right now he's definately Bajan !

Robson has one English parent and one Aussie parent so is 50% English in my book. Same as Pieterson.

Well he has a strong Aussie accent which makes him Aussie in my book, same with Ballance & his SA accent.

Well he has a strong Aussie accent which makes him Aussie in my book, same with Ballance & his SA accent.

My friend moved to Wales when he was 7 and moved back when he was 18. He has a Welsh accent. Is he Welsh? He says no.

As long as one of the parents is English then I have no problem with it.

Ballance is actually Zimbabwean by birth, but he's been over here since he was 15 I believe. You could perhaps argue that as his ancestors moved to Africa to further the interests of the empire then he has every right to call himself English. I also think it depends how long you've been here. Manu Tuilangi, for example, has been here since he was a little kid and has learnt his trade through the English system of school and club rugby. Surely we have every right to reap the rewards of that?

none down!

none? have the gas written to the ECB asking for SL's wickets to be reinstated as it caused their relegation?

I do like it when England are on top, but our batsmen need to perform they haven't done that for 6 months now

none? have the gas written to the ECB asking for SL's wickets to be reinstated as it caused their relegation?

I do like it when England are on top, but our batsmen need to perform they haven't done that for 6 months now

Bloody phone!

Inept, clueless, batting from Root and Balance leaving us with a defeat despite a stunning innings from Buttler.

As above, Treadwell is either thick as shit or thoroughly unprofessional to run Buttler out.

Explain inept? Against an excellent bowling attack. Are you referring they were too slow?

An inept batting performance would be getting be bowled out for 99...

They need a 'power' batsmen in the top 3 - sort of Kieswetter type who will give us a start in the powerplay not pander around at 4 runs an over.  Plenty of them available.

They also need to be playing Jos no lower than #4

Why does cook and bell play ODI's both are test batsment not ODI batsmen, plus I can't remember the last time cook was any good with the bat,

Hats of to Buttler and Ravi, fantastic innings from both and it was a cracking ODI to watch in the end unlucky

And of course Will Gidman, leading wicket taker in England with an average of 12.13 (or something) won't get anywhere near !

Another five-fer today, hope Somerset don't nick him off Glos a la Kirby & Hussain.

Another five-fer today, hope Somerset don't nick him off Glos a la Kirby & Hussain.

We have plenty of young bowlers coming through so think you'll be safe at moment.

Speaking of Hussain, where is he now?

Archived