IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

And Its Smith

I know Butler had been warned, but I don't think he would have been out of the crease if the bowler had actually bowled the delivery. Very bold for a guy with a dodgy action...

Disgraceful imo. Not as if he was halfway down the wicket. The captain is more to blame as he could of called Buttler back.

Disgraceful imo. Not as if he was halfway down the wicket. The captain is more to blame as he could of called Buttler back.

Within the rules, but not in the spirit IMO. How much of an advantage is Buttler gaining? I hope we get a couple of them the same way

The gentlemanly thing is to warn the batsmen,

If then the batsmen continues to do it then it's fair game

That's what happened, but Buttler was about an inch out and the bowler was halfway through his delivery stride

England are right in this though

That's what happened, but Buttler was about an inch out and the bowler was halfway through his delivery stride

England are right in this though

I haven't seen it i'm only going on what I deem correct, if the batsman has been warned then its the batsmen's fault

They changed the rules about this after the way Kartik ran out Barrow at Somerset a few years ago - the rules now state that is the bowler is in his delivery stride/action then he cannot run out the player backing up - only if he stops beforehand.

They changed the rules about this after the way Kartik ran out Barrow at Somerset a few years ago - the rules now state that is the bowler is in his delivery stride/action then he cannot run out the player backing up - only if he stops beforehand.

That's what I thought the rules were, but it looked to me like Senanayake( sp?!) was into his delivery stride. None of the pundits had much sympathy for Buttler as no law had been broken, but in this case I feel the law is an ass. Fair enough if a batsmen is a yard outside the crease trying to steal a run, but that was a bit silly IMO

having seen it now I still think its a basic batsmen mistake, he was warned and continued to do it and ran the risk,

It a bit like a batsman nicking one and not walking which England (Broad) has history with, thats not in the spirit of the game so to complain about what the sri lankians have done (which is with in the rules) is double standards from England and Cook, Man up don't use it for an exause for what was another in a long line of failures from Englands top order,

Cook Root Morgan and Bell should not be playing ODI's all have failed for far too long,

I disagree on Ravi I thought he's been pretty decent this series and the last one too he didn't do alot wrong, You should have to rely on your number 5 and number 6 batsmen to win you a game,

They should be coming in at around the 40th over to try and hit the bowler out of the ground,

England need to learn this isn't test cricket it isn't about building an innings, its about scoring runs be it through quick singles or hitting 4's and 6's,

I wish cook would step down as captain, with him captaining the side we are only ever going to fail, he doesn't inspire and he doesn't lead,

The first test is approaching and this new England team will probably be selected after the Ashes debacle:

1. Cook

2. Robson (or Carberry)

3. Bell

4. Root

5. Ballance

6. Ali

7. Prior

8. Stokes

9. Broad

10. Jordan

11. Anderson

It's a pretty exciting team I reckon.  5 either brand new or newish players.  We are just missing a good spinner.

Looks like it is this team but Plunkett instead of Stokes as the latter isn't fully fit yet.

Apparently Plunkett is bowling close to 90mph this season and has took a lot of wickets. However, Finn must count himself unlucky seeing what he has done so far this season.

No good spinner but Monty can't even get in his club team at the moment so hardly a surprise.

Looks like it is this team but Plunkett instead of Stokes as the latter isn't fully fit yet.

Apparently Plunkett is bowling close to 90mph this season and has took a lot of wickets. However, Finn must count himself unlucky seeing what he has done so far this season.

No good spinner but Monty can't even get in his club team at the moment so hardly a surprise.

Carberry & Lyth can also count themselves unlucky losing out to an Aussie & Zimbabwean respectively.

You reckon?

Not many sides would have attempted to chase 250 in 39 overs!

Yeah but, it was win win for us (unless ,of course we lost). We could go for it ,start losing wickets, then drop anchor. I just can't see how he hoped they would take ten wickets in 30 odd overs. Still. glad they won, set up for Monday now.

Archived