IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

And Its Smith

well done root, (always the way when I moan about a player)

Can you please systematically call all the playing staff of BCFC and Munster Rugby shite when the new season comes around, Monk? I'd appreciate it no end.  :thumbsup:

Good stuff from the middle and lower order, hopefully getting 500 for the first time in what seems like forever will give the team a bit of confidence.

Can you please systematically call all the playing staff of BCFC and Munster Rugby shite when the new season comes around, Monk? I'd appreciate it no end.  :thumbsup:

Good stuff from the middle and lower order, hopefully getting 500 for the first time in what seems like forever will give the team a bit of confidence.

if it worked I would :laugh:,

Yea the middle order saved us again, the top order needs looking at, I'll put robinson's down as nerves he will learn, Bell was dependable to be fair, but Ballance and Cook really should be doing better,

Although Cook to his credit is actually be vocal in the field, thats a + in my book

I had been noticing his stats over the last season or two and noticed they looked pretty good.

Sad to say but I think England's coaching has ruined Finn, had great potential as an international bowler but being put behind Bresnan and having his bowling changed near enough destroyed him.

I had been noticing his stats over the last season or two and noticed they looked pretty good.

Sad to say but I think England's coaching has ruined Finn, had great potential as an international bowler but being put behind Bresnan and having his bowling changed near enough destroyed him.

I don't think it's England's coaching as such. There were a lot of pretty significant kinks in Finns action that various coaches will have been trying to iron out, all the while he's being expected to be England's strike bowler in test matches. Finn was given too much to do too soon and he should have been protected more while he developed. Just because someone is tall and bowls and 90mph shouldn't mean that he automatically becomes a test player

As for Plunkett, it's just a shame he didn't get to work with Jason Gillespie 2 or 3 years ago

I don't think it's England's coaching as such. There were a lot of pretty significant kinks in Finns action that various coaches will have been trying to iron out, all the while he's being expected to be England's strike bowler in test matches. Finn was given too much to do too soon and he should have been protected more while he developed. Just because someone is tall and bowls and 90mph shouldn't mean that he automatically becomes a test player

As for Plunkett, it's just a shame he didn't get to work with Jason Gillespie 2 or 3 years ago

That's the problem though, if the kinks and quirks aren't going to injure you long term and your bowling works then don't change it. Finn was the quickest Englishman to 50 test wickets, the only problem was him hitting the stumps which he was sorting out.

They did the same to Jimmy when he was younger, but going back to Lancs and his old action sorted him out. No reason Finn can't do the same. No idea why they have to mess about with them. If they're taking wickets, leave them alone!

Horrendous day for Somerset, chose to bat under clear blue skies and the cloud descended by 11am.. First defeat of the season baring some sort of miracle

Absolutely ridiculous captaincy from Cook in this test.

for the good of english crickt cook stand down,

he's got to be up there with the worst captains the test side has every had, no idea how to attack, awful with the bat getting out the same way for the last 12 months,

poor poor captain about time theyuu give it to bell

Cook was so nervous at the toss that he could hardly speak. No wonder he chose to bowl.

Anderson and Broad should be embarrassed and for Jordan to return with match figures of 0-140 is remarkably bad. I know he is new but he must do better than that.

All the bowlers have looked tired, especially Jordan, not much rest  following 1st test.

Archived