IGNORED

League 2 Play-Off Final

myol'man

Long term they wont be able to, not with crowds of barely over 2000. I fully expect them (along with Crawley) to go the same way as Rushden & Diamonds and their "fans" will dissapear back to where they came from.

Seriously, i've no time whatsoever for these tiny bankrolled clubs with no history and owners that just throw money around.

Are you talking about bristol City?

I know the arguments about having to use Wembley to pay for it, and there will be the argument about players dreaming of playing there, but for only 14k to turn up does make a mockery of it.

I don't know whether playing it more centrally would have upped the attendance, but surely playing it in a smaller stadium would have helped the atmosphere.

Amazing when you think about it. Fleetwood have gone bust twice...reformed in 1997.

They were playing non league football a couple years ago and we find ourselves in the same league as them.

People always say we as a Club would have never recovered if we went bust in 1982...yet a little town Club go bust twice, and with some prudent spending and good management find themselves playing in the same league as us...just 17 years after being re formed...

I know the arguments about having to use Wembley to pay for it, and there will be the argument about players dreaming of playing there, but for only 14k to turn up does make a mockery of it.

I don't know whether playing it more centrally would have upped the attendance, but surely playing it in a smaller stadium would have helped the atmosphere.

I have to disagree.

Supporters and players of all clubs, However big or small, should have the right, and dream, of playing/watching at Wembley.

Had the play offs been between Portsmouth and our Non league Neighbours then I'd be pretty certain it would be a lot closer to a full house.

You can't swap and change venues to suit the "size" of the competing Clubs.

We are lucky to support a team who have a big enough fan base to take a full allocation of Wembley tickets.

Archived