IGNORED

Bristol rugby thread (Merged)

RedM

In this situation it would have been an extra 20 mins (10 each way) and then if it was still level number of tries scored (Northampton had 2 to Saracens 1 at that point). If the two teams were to be level on tries, there would be a "penalty shootout" type contest, from the centre of the 22 5 players each and then if still level it becomes Sudden Death (much the same as football).

Thanks for that, I think it's really rare for these matches to end in draws so I've never thought of it before.

A good match though. I liked how the tv judge brought to the Ref's attention something that he had missed, I didn't realise that could happen either. And those Ref's don't miss much do they, very fair and respected. I think football could learn from them. I quite like the suspense on waiting for the tv judge's decision, and at least you know it fair and right.

In this situation it would have been an extra 20 mins (10 each way) and then if it was still level number of tries scored (Northampton had 2 to Saracens 1 at that point). If the two teams were to be level on tries, there would be a "penalty shootout" type contest, from the centre of the 22 5 players each and then if still level it becomes Sudden Death (much the same as football).

The goalkeepers in Rugby Shootouts are massive though

Points West last night, had a video blog of loads of well wishers from all over Bristol...City, Rail workers, SS Great Britain Zoo, red trousers, even Bath Rugby. BUT one group  was missing, a message of goodwill from.........can you guess?

If I said "small minded, petty, ground stealing, horse punching , straw clutching bunch of Pikeys".....who am I talking about?

They really are a pathetic embarrassment to Bristol !

Points West last night, had a video blog of loads of well wishers from all over Bristol...City, Rail workers, SS Great Britain Zoo, red trousers, even Bath Rugby. BUT one group  was missing, a message of goodwill from.........can you guess?

If I said "small minded, petty, ground stealing, horse punching , straw clutching bunch of Pikeys".....who am I talking about?

They really are a pathetic embarrassment to Bristol !

They're just another non league club now though....were there messages from Manor Farm or Mangotsfield?

Hmmm, I don't think the rains going to help our cause tonight, still c'mon Bris!

I always think of rugby being played on a cold wet evening, but after the match last week I think they said they were hoping for a sunny, dry evening for the return game. Shame, but I guess you can't blame the weather as it's the same for both teams. Come on Bristol, don't let the weather get you down, after all you've managed to be successful on that Bog of a pitch all season, one last push eh?

I'm glad this thread is entitled "Come On Bristol", and not "C'mon Bristol", which is the usual rallying call for the egg-chasers. That has to be the most limp wristed, lily livered rallying call ever. Hardly likely to strike fear into the hearts of the opposition.

Anyway, that is all, as I know sweet FA about rugby.

Carry on.

PS Wrong forum. :yes:

I'm not holding out much hope for sunshine now. Oh well got to do it the hard way then. I see Sir Steve is there, I hope he is not going to witness another promotion failure.

Yup, can't get tries cos of the red brick wall, and can't kick penalties. The way they play is sadly their down fall at the moment.

Yeahhhhhh, got a try but no kick again.

Archived