IGNORED

Plan B From S C?

Aizoon

Monkeh, mate there was tongue in cheek at the end for a reason, :laugh:. Unlike Spuds and Hazza who seem to have some kind of 'fit' over this, I dont particularly care as long as youth come through and there is a mix of stuff why people treat it like loaf and deef on here is mad...

I didn't come across very well Ralph, I was agreeing with you, The only thing you've been wax lyrical about is the gap between the youth team and first team, which thankfully is starting to close,

Speak of youth, I hope the club are settled on a cat 2 acadmey I hope when and if we wind promotion we start pushing the boat further a field and go for a car 1,

(prob our aim after the ground is finished)

I don't think I was actually, but feel free to find it and come back when you do

I was one who disagreed with you Harry.

Mr Memory AKA Harry

Eeh gad usual people using the same old discussions to bash the board or transfer policy or the Pilau's

Harry is becoming a bit like an English version of the Scottish chap whose name I forget, who said every Scottish player, ever would be brilliant, irrespective

The Scottish guy had a better memory though.

Jock

Haha, this is just great.

Ok, firstly, Esmond Million's Bung - I am humble enough to admit that I mistook the debate on the other thread as being with your good self, rather than with Nogbad The Bad.

Nogbad the Bad - Thanks for correcting this.

Esmond Million's Bung - So, you've nicknamed me "Mr Memory" now hey, just because of one little mix-up?  You can understand my predicament though surely - The same arguments tend to get re-hashed and it's easy to mistake your posts with those of Nogbad the Bad, Monkeh & RalphMilnesLeftFoot.  In fact sometimes I think it's the same person - Esmond Milne Monkeh the Bad, or maybe Nogbad the Million Monkeh Foot?

Ralph - Yes, the same old people having the same old discussions.  Thanks for joining in again, as usual.

It seems that myself, Kid, Cherry Berry & Depths all come from a totally different viewpoint from Nogbad the Million Monkeh Feet.  Why bother criticising the fact we're having these debates, just add your own slant to the debate.  I disagree with your opinion as much as you disagree with mine, but I don't suggest to you that you're not welcome to place your opinion on here, why do you feel the need to suggest we shouldn't make ours?  Going on Esmond's quick to condemn approach today, I might be within my mind to suggest your's to be a Nazi-ist point of view?  I won't say that, but Esmond's name-calling could have easily opened the gates for such small-minded nonsense.

Next - a comparison to the Jock, ha ha.  Love it.  Where have I ever suggested that every young player, ever, will be brilliant?  I've got a nice long list of potential transfer targets that I believe our football club should be thoroughly scouting and showing an interest in.  I do not just throw names around willy-nilly, my list is very well regarded amongst the football community I associate with - Yes, that's right, numerous people working within the game completely agree that my target list for this club is viable, credible and packed full of talent.  A very very long way removed from our dear friend the Jock!!

And finally to my man Monkeh.  No, I'm not a Jock actually, in fact I'm one sixteenth Mexican.  Stick that in your 'pipa' and smoke it.

pedro.gif

Ok, firstly, Esmond Million's Bung - I am humble enough to admit that I mistook the debate on the other thread as being with your good self, rather than with Nogbad The Bad.

Esmond Million's Bung - So, you've nicknamed me "Mr Memory" now hey, just because of one little mix-up?  You can understand my predicament though surely - The same arguments tend to get re-hashed and it's easy to mistake your posts with those of Nogbad the Bad, Monkeh & RalphMilnesLeftFoot.  In fact sometimes I think it's the same person - Esmond Milne Monkeh the Bad, or maybe Nogbad the Million Monkeh Foot?

Ralph - Yes, the same old people having the same old discussions.  Thanks for joining in again, as usual.

It seems that myself, Kid, Cherry Berry & Depths all come from a totally different viewpoint from Nogbad the Million Monkeh Feet.  Why bother criticising the fact we're having these debates, just add your own slant to the debate.  I disagree with your opinion as much as you disagree with mine, but I don't suggest to you that you're not welcome to place your opinion on here, why do you feel the need to suggest we shouldn't make ours?  Going on Esmond's quick to condemn approach today, I might be within my mind to suggest your's to be a Nazi-ist point of view?  I won't say that, but Esmond's name-calling could have easily opened the gates for such small-minded nonsense.

Next - a comparison to the Jock, ha ha.  Love it.  Where have I ever suggested that every young player, ever, will be brilliant?  I've got a nice long list of potential transfer targets that I believe our football club should be thoroughly scouting and showing an interest in.  I do not just throw names around willy-nilly, my list is very well regarded amongst the football community I associate with - Yes, that's right, numerous people working within the game completely agree that my target list for this club is viable, credible and packed full of talent.  A very very long way removed from our dear friend the Jock!!

And finally to my man Monkeh.  No, I'm not a Jock actually, in fact I'm one sixteenth Mexican.  Stick that in your 'pipa' and smoke it.

pedro.gif

I never said you were jock asshat Ralph couldn't remember the chaps name and I answered him

Oh dear, another manager acting like the tail that wagged the dog.

You put you master plan in place, then you change your manger, and let the new manager dictate the way the club is going to be run in the way of player purchases. Sorry that is wrong, just wrong.  

I wonder why I typed a post over a year ago saying the club direction would change again within a year once SOD is remove.... it is asif I knew lansdown would change his mind again!  or let it be changed

It really is laughable, The owners and board come out less than a year ago promising that the way the club would be run would be xyz old players would be the exception not the norm,  and within 9 months that direction has be turned around 180 degrees.  I would laugh if it wasn't so obvious that it would happen.

This board an owner have not got  clue.  What will their direction for the club be when Cotterill is sacked?

Beggars belief.  this board and owner suck, they really do.

pedro.gif

awwww bless.

I never said you were jock asshat Ralph couldn't remember the chaps name and I answered him

Oooohhhh...asshat now!!!  Wow.

For the record Monk, my response above was meant to be slightly on the light-hearted side.  Of course I realise you never called me a 'Jock', but in context of what I wrote in post #68, it was referencing some rather petty name-calling, so I 'jokingly' suggested that you'd called 'Harry' a 'Jock'.

Lighten up buddy.  There's an awful lot that you and I do not see eye to eye on, but let's not go down the road of calling each other asshat's and the like?

What is an asshat anyhow?  Perhaps a topic for debate?  Why would anyone wish to wear a hat on their ass?  I presume this is some young, fresh and dope way of suggesting someone has their head up their ass and is thus talking excrement?  If this is the case, then to have one's head up one's ass would mean I was not wearing my ass as a hat, but would instead have my head completely submerged by my ass, thus it would be more of a balaclava, so perhaps assbalaclava would be more appropriate.

Oh dear, another manager acting like the tail that wagged the dog.

You put you master plan in place, then you change your manger, and let the new manager dictate the way the club is going to be run in the way of player purchases. Sorry that is wrong, just wrong.  

I wonder why I typed a post over a year ago saying the club direction would change again within a year once SOD is remove.... it is asif I knew lansdown would change his mind again!  or let it be changed

It really is laughable, The owners and board come out less than a year ago promising that the way the club would be run would be xyz old players would be the exception not the norm,  and within 9 months that direction has be turned around 180 degrees.  I would laugh if it wasn't so obvious that it would happen.

This board an owner have not got  clue.  What will their direction for the club be when Cotterill is sacked?

Beggars belief.  this board and owner suck, they really do.

Compulsory RE lessons obviously.

Oooohhhh...asshat now!!!  Wow.

For the record Monk, my response above was meant to be slightly on the light-hearted side.  Of course I realise you never called me a 'Jock', but in context of what I wrote in post #68, it was referencing some rather petty name-calling, so I 'jokingly' suggested that you'd called 'Harry' a 'Jock'.

Lighten up buddy.  There's an awful lot that you and I do not see eye to eye on, but let's not go down the road of calling each other asshat's and the like?

What is an asshat anyhow?  Perhaps a topic for debate?  Why would anyone wish to wear a hat on their ass?  I presume this is some young, fresh and dope way of suggesting someone has their head up their ass and is thus talking excrement?  If this is the case, then to have one's head up one's ass would mean I was not wearing my ass as a hat, but would instead have my head completely submerged by my ass, thus it would be more of a balaclava, so perhaps assbalaclava would be more appropriate.

AssHat

Isn't that Lansdown backside firmly stuck on Monkeh's loving face?

Sorry Monk, couldn't resist

But this is what every Club does Harry....it's normal procedure... we aren't any different from any other club... we must put our faith in this manager...it will work this time...our owner and board know what they are doing this time...no reason to think not...we've changed, we've learnt our lessons...everything is moving in the right direction...aaaaaarghhhhhhhhh :thumbsup:  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :facepalm:  :laughcont:

:)

I would take lansdowns Cotterill etc etc etc etc opinion over yours every day Spud, every day.

It doesn't matter what we see, they are professionals, so is the owner, they know what they are doing.  you are talking crap consider yourself on ignore until i disagree with your next factual rant. 

I've got a nice long list of potential transfer targets that I believe our football club should be thoroughly scouting and showing an interest in.  I do not just throw names around willy-nilly, my list is very well regarded amongst the football community I associate with - Yes, that's right, numerous people working within the game completely agree that my target list for this club is viable, credible and packed full of talent.  

Harry, we won't agree that City should almost exclusively sign u.24's, especially at a time when over 60% of our present squad are already within that age bracket.

However, whether we should look to sign them in bulk or not, that's not to say I haven't been intrigued, and impressed, by some of the names and evaluations of young players you've come out with on here.

You now say you've 'got a list of targets, viable, credible and packed full of talent, that City should be thoroughly scouting and showing an interest in, and numerous people within the game agree with you,'

So, a few questions.

Have you recommended these players to City directly?

If so, who have you been in contact with at the club - Burt? Cotterill? JL?

Did you get a favourable, encouraging response?

If you don't work for City - even in a voluntary, unofficial capacity - have you put yourself forward to work on the club's database identifying potential signings?

Is there someone already employed in this capacity at AG who you feel does a good job in this respect? After all, if you're aware of all these promising young players, surely someone employed at the club to identify just such players must have all these names at their fingertips too?

With the knowledge you've shown on here, some of the names you've come up with, and the time you seem willing to spend scouting obscure games (presumably as a part time hobby) it seems to me you could be a big asset to Bristol City F.C. rather than someone coming on here frustratingly bemoaning the loss of another young talent, you'd already identified, to another club.

In short, why are you not a BCFC employee potentially earning the club millions by identifying the best non league and lower league talents, which in many cases City could sell on for huge profits?

While accepting we can't sign every talented young player, of course.

Don't take this as a sarcastic post by the way, I'm completely serious.

Harry, we won't agree that City should almost exclusively sign u.24's, especially at a time when over 60% of our present squad are already within that age bracket.

However, whether we should look to sign them in bulk or not, that's not to say I haven't been intrigued, and impressed, by some of the names and evaluations of young players you've come out with on here.

You now say you've 'got a list of targets, viable, credible and packed full of talent, that City should be thoroughly scouting and showing an interest in, and numerous people within the game agree with you,'

So, a few questions.

If you don't work for City - even in a voluntary, unofficial capacity - have you put yourself forward to work on the club's database identifying potential signings?

Is there someone already employed in this capacity at AG who you feel does a good job in this respect? After all, if you're aware of all these promising young players, surely someone employed at the club to identify just such players must have all these names at their fingertips too?

With the knowledge you've shown on here, some of the names you've come up with, and the time you seem willing to spend scouting obscure games (presumably as a part time hobby) it seems to me you could be a big asset to Bristol City F.C. rather than someone coming on here frustratingly bemoaning the loss of another young talent, you'd already identified, to another club.

In short, why are you not a BCFC employee potentially earning the club millions by identifying the best non league and lower league talents, which in many cases City could sell on for huge profits?

why would he offer the knowladge to city he couldn't slag them off then when they miss out on the next gareth bale who ends up if 3 years time plying his trade at Tonbridge angels because he is in fact shit,

Why should we be signing all this young players that will cost money when he already have plenty of promising youngsters here that need to be devloped,

if we sign a load of 18 - 24 yo's we might as well reliese burns morell bishop evans reid and bryan as all these signings are just going to block our own youngsters coming through,

Mind you if we did sign all these players i will bet these same faces will be on here slagging off the club for wasting money on players when we should be devloping our own,

our avg squad age is below 24 at the moment we need experiance not youth, players like Elliot who can take players like reid and Morell under their wing and help them devlop

I think the majority of supporters have no inclination to minutely examine everything the board or manager does, especially if things are going well on the pitch. The vast majority couldn't give a toss about u-24 or over 28 or whatever, they just want a team which entertains and is successful.

A balanced squad will give us a chance of success, that means a mix of young and experienced players - which is exactly what Cotterill is saying.

Why people take things so literally and then berate the club and manager for deviating from their own understanding of whats been said is beyond me.

It's not a case of taking things 'literally'... if you want a team that is successful and entertains ( which was how long ago? ) you have to look at the long term. Like I said...you can have experienced younger players...experience doesn't mean old.

If you want success and entertainment on a sustained basis, then the board had the right idea in it's recruitment policy.

Buying in players that will continue to develop and have a sell on value if needs be. A policy...of which, if we were to achieve promotion would give us time to consolidate and improve.

Where do you think the money is going to come from, to buy in new players good enough to consolidate us long term...once these older players are passed their best, and have no sell on value?

Yes...a few older heads brought in, won't do no harm...but if SC is changing what the board wish, then I don't agree it will work long term. We may gain promotion...but then what?

Like I said... I'll judge after he's recruited.

I think the majority of supporters have no inclination to minutely examine everything the board or manager does, especially if things are going well on the pitch. The vast majority couldn't give a toss about u-24 or over 28 or whatever, they just want a team which entertains and is successful.

A balanced squad will give us a chance of success, that means a mix of young and experienced players - which is exactly what Cotterill is saying.

Why people take things so literally and then berate the club and manager for deviating from their own understanding of whats been said is beyond me.

spot on cynic, but people have to have a go at the club for some reason I mean it is run by nazi's north korea and russia all roled into one, i some times wished we had the fantastic nick higgs running the club he's a sucsessful chairman.......I'll remove my tongue from my cheek in a minute

It's not a case of taking things 'literally'... if you want a team that is successful and entertains ( which was how long ago? ) you have to look at the long term. Like I said...you can have experienced younger players...experience doesn't mean old.

If you want success and entertainment on a sustained basis, then the board had the right idea in it's recruitment policy.

Buying in players that will continue to develop and have a sell on value if needs be. A policy...of which, if we were to achieve promotion would give us time to consolidate and improve.

Where do you think the money is going to come from, to buy in new players good enough to consolidate us long term...once these older players are passed their best, and have no sell on value?

Yes...a few older heads brought in, won't do no harm...but if SC is changing what the board wish, then I don't agree it will work long term. We may gain promotion...but then what?

Like I said... I'll judge after he's recruited.

No you won't and you know you won't and the majority of people on here know you won't, you have already judged.

I would take this article with a pinch of salt.

Having spoken directly to SC about his transfer & youth policies in some depth, I can tell you that he would love to encourage and bring through youth, but only if they are good enough. 

He wants a promotion challenge next season, no two ways about it and it is rare that a major youth policy will bring this. There is no way that he will be scrapping the development of youth, but he wants players in for the here and now, that he sees as better than what we have/have had, to get us back into the Championship asap.

Youth will be developed alongside of this and get their chance as & when they are ready for the task, not as a sentimental priority whilst we sit in L1 waiting for them to get upto scratch.

SC's job is to get success on the pitch for the 1st team and that is his goal - we have other people at the club who's job it is to produce youngsters to challenge for those 1st team places, IF they are good enough.

That is fine by me!

Having not spoken to SC directly but reading the article I can also rehash exactly what he said in slightly different sentences than you if needs be.

I expect him and the board with that statement to provide us with promotion next season.

.........but what if said mid 20's player is just engaged or courting, infertile or with only one child?

What if as a family say of 1 child and unmarried couple become available, "sorry lad, you aren't married and you've clearly been using birth control as your bird is fit and you obvs bone the crap out of her every night, so where's the other sprog...........jeez SC is a Catholic Priest, surprising he doesn't want youth in the squad, he wants them in his office.

I wouldn't say it's a ridiculous policy signing these players as we are better off for having them now, with a years more experience in them they will only likely to be better this year, problem we had last year was signing the wrong experienced players.

Sc needs to only look at a couple of experienced players one and midfield and one in defence as you say to add some experience to the spine, pref elliot and nosworthy on one year deals providing they are affordable then start looking at younger talent like Curtis Nelson.

absoluty ******* this!

I wouldn't say it's a ridiculous policy signing these players as we are better off for having them now, with a years more experience in them they will only likely to be better this year, problem we had last year was signing the wrong experienced players.

Sc needs to only look at a couple of experienced players one and midfield and one in defence as you say to add some experience to the spine, pref elliot and nosworthy on one year deals providing they are affordable then start looking at younger talent like Curtis Nelson.

OK if we are going to be specific, one man and his poodle signed the wrong experienced players, that was addressed successfully thank god after SC came in.

Looks like one half of your preference is going to come to pass.

So, a few questions.

Hi Noggers.

Don't worry fella, I don't take the post as sarky.  I enjoy your debates buddy, you are a reasonable and intelligent poster.

To be fair, I'm not advocating signing 'exclusively' under 24's.  Of course I understand and appreciate that balance is needed - my gripe is that I believe the team should be predominantly filled (at least 5 or 6) with players aged between 21-24.  My concern is that SC seems to be completely ignoring this market.  That, for me, does not equal an eye on the future.

Anyway, on to your other points / questions.

As you can probably appreciate, I am loathe to answer some of your questions.  Suffice to say, I don't work for anyone, so this is all completely voluntary and an interest more than a job.  Over the years, I have managed to build up a very good and extensive network of contacts at football league and non league clubs up and down the country and abroad.  Some work for football clubs, some play for football clubs, some work for agencies, some work independently advising football clubs, some play for academies, some coach at academies.  Between all of these I have a trusted network and have been lucky enough to be privvy to a number of dealings inside various clubs (that may or may not include City!)

I hope you don't take offense mate, but I don't really want to share online anything other than that.

I am wholly aware that we can't sign every kid who might turn out to be any good, but I would just like it if City took seriously some of the things I see and hear.  Not wishing to come back to it, as it's been done to death, but the Matt Grimes situation is one example that is particularly frustrating.  The people I know who's opinion I have on this subject (which includes scouts for very big football clubs), are amazed we didn't snap him up long time ago.

Hi Noggers.

Don't worry fella, I don't take the post as sarky.  I enjoy your debates buddy, you are a reasonable and intelligent poster.

To be fair, I'm not advocating signing 'exclusively' under 24's.  Of course I understand and appreciate that balance is needed - my gripe is that I believe the team should be predominantly filled (at least 5 or 6) with players aged between 21-24.  My concern is that SC seems to be completely ignoring this market.  That, for me, does not equal an eye on the future.

Anyway, on to your other points / questions.

As you can probably appreciate, I am loathe to answer some of your questions.  Suffice to say, I don't work for anyone, so this is all completely voluntary and an interest more than a job.  Over the years, I have managed to build up a very good and extensive network of contacts at football league and non league clubs up and down the country and abroad.  Some work for football clubs, some play for football clubs, some work for agencies, some work independently advising football clubs, some play for academies, some coach at academies.  Between all of these I have a trusted network and have been lucky enough to be privvy to a number of dealings inside various clubs (that may or may not include City!)

I hope you don't take offense mate, but I don't really want to share online anything other than that.

I am wholly aware that we can't sign every kid who might turn out to be any good, but I would just like it if City took seriously some of the things I see and hear.  Not wishing to come back to it, as it's been done to death, but the Matt Grimes situation is one example that is particularly frustrating.  The people I know who's opinion I have on this subject (which includes scouts for very big football clubs), are amazed we didn't snap him up long time ago.

that's matt grimes who is still at Exeter and hasn't signed for anyone, so what situation are you talking about?

Dude, I have 'engaged' plenty of times, you don't wanna know and certainly others don't. Hence the japery in my previous post. Are you saying that you dont throw your toys out of the pram when we dont sign yet another wunderkid that goes on to achieve diddly squat? The jock had Gary Kenneth etc youve had several including that Irish winger and Norwood and Oshodi among others, who've yet to turn out as 'superstars'.

I love that you are so obsessed with these players, it's great getting some new names in to the hat, but good grief you come unstuck more often than I do. and at least Ill admit when I get things wrong. This is an alien concept hence The Jock comparison. It's a fair comment :P

No worries Ralphy, I do enjoy the japery.  Believe me, it takes a lot for me to take offence, and I do enjoy our debates, along with Nog & Esmond.  It's that damn Monkeh fella who I just don't get!  He's one serious natured primate.

Anyway, onto the point.  I'm not foolish enough to believe that every kid I name is gonna make it.  Of course some won't.  No-one will ever get it right 100% of the time, Wenger & Fergie included.

I think the difference between me and the Jock have been fully detailed in my previous post this evening.

Ill just say that you may not be foolish enough to believe it, but it can some times come across like you do :) Still not 'Always' seeing the difference between you and The Jock, but hey ho :P

I may come across like that because I passionately believe in some of these kids/young lads I watch, so I am rightly going to sing their praises.  Of course some will make it and some won't.

I still firmly believe that Forrester will make it big.  As for Oshodi & Norwood.  Well, Oshodi I honestly believe will end up at the very least in League 1 during his career.  Norwood has all the talent but has a dark side holding him back, so although technically I believe he could play at least L1 level, his demons may hold him back.  For me, I no longer sing Nors' praises, as I don't believe him to be the type I want at my club, that's not to say he's not a talented lad though.  So there you go, there's one I can say I was wrong on.

Archived