IGNORED

World Cup Tv Panels

Eco

Both panels have a few dodgy selections! Both tolerable but nothing out of the ordinary.

A better question would be "Would you forgo any BBC services" which would be yes, as I only use them once every two years for international football!

Almost resisted the urge to bite but you mean to say you NEVER listen to any BBC Radio, use ANY BBC website, IPlayer, News... etc

ITV apart from Lee Dixon is utter gash, can't abide Chiles, Hoddle I wouldn't piss on if he was burning in the gutter, no doubt some will say I'm over reacting but if that cretin had said about the colour of ones skin what he did about the disabled no tv company would touch him with a barge pole.

For those who prefer it was all on Sky, hello Jack.

I pay my monthly fee to receive a far superior product, why would I not want to watch it through sky? Imagine what they would do with the World Cup? It would be better than this gash served up by the bbc & itv

I pay my monthly fee to receive a far superior product, why would I not want to watch it through sky? Imagine what they would do with the World Cup? It would be better than this gash served up by the bbc & itv

You're in a fortunate posistion that you can afford it, there's an awful lot of people in this country that can't, an awful lot of them that give their time so that you were in the posistion to be able to have Sky TV, and you would prefer it all on Sky!

Our national sports should always be available to the masses and not just those who can afford it.

ITV apart from Lee Dixon is utter gash, can't abide Chiles, Hoddle I wouldn't piss on if he was burning in the gutter, no doubt some will say I'm over reacting but if that cretin had said about the colour of ones skin what he did about the disabled no tv company would touch him with a barge pole.

Jesus, what did he do? **** your wife?

Viera is not bad, but apart from that ITV is dreadful. I don't like Dixon either really.

Everything down to the cheap 80s looking opening credits looks amateurish. Give me BBC everytime. Yes Shearer and Hansen are a bit boring, but at least they know what they're talking about.

Ardian Chiles? How is that man on the TV? If you want wry and sarcastic go down any pub in the UK and there are 20 blokes funnier than him and they are probably a damn sight better at presenting a TV show as well.

Rant over. As you were...

I seem to be in a massive minority, but I find Chiles quite entertaining! He is I agree a bit like a supply teacher, and you never quite know what the hell he will talk about, but he injects a certain humour and passion.

The BBC is solid, slick and professional and ITV have never been able to match BBC by trying to match their style. I admire them to an extent for using a different approach.

Love him or loath him, he seems to make an impression!

Jesus, what did he do? **** your wife?

Really? You have to ask??

I seem to be in a massive minority, but I find Chiles quite entertaining! He is I agree a bit like a supply teacher, and you never quite know what the hell he will talk about, but he injects a certain humour and passion.

The BBC is solid, slick and professional and ITV have never been able to match BBC by trying to match their style. I admire them to an extent for using a different approach.

Love him or loath him, he seems to make an impression!

I watched ITV for 4 hours last night. Name me one time where Chiles was funny? Or even entertaining?

Child's is a presenter not a pundit so his football knowledge is irrelevant, however his delivery which is quite deadpan does irritate some people.

To be honest I don't mind him at all he's hardly offensive, the biggest culprit is the ITV main commentator, now he really does grate.

If I had a choice I would probably swap chiles for the criminaly underused and underrated Jim Rosenthal.

Child's is a presenter not a pundit so his football knowledge is irrelevant, however his delivery which is quite deadpan does irritate some people.

To be honest I don't mind him at all he's hardly offensive, the biggest culprit is the ITV main commentator, now he really does grate.

If I had a choice I would probably swap chiles for the criminaly underused and underrated Jim Rosenthal.

...and his irritating voice and stupid face. He's a very poor presenter IMO

Agree with you about Jim Rosenthal - he's excellent

the biggest culprit is the ITV main commentator, now he really does grate.

He's horrendous. Another reason for rooney to be left out; so I don't have to hear tyldsley say his name in that horrible way like he's revving up a motorbike, knowing he has his hands down his pants as he says it.

Find it awkward Lee Dixon is the defensive expert when Fabio Cannavaro is sat next to him. Dixon was a very very ordinary Footballer.

Had to laugh when they were discussing how it felt to win the World Cup. Dixon barely held down a regular place, let alone get anywhere near that feat

Had to laugh when they were discussing how it felt to win the World Cup. Dixon barely held down a regular place, let alone get anywhere near that feat

Still had a fantastic career. Canavaro may have lifted a World Cup but he offered little in the way of insight, he can barely speak English and kept giggling. I'd much rather a panel of journalists than ex pros any day!

Still had a fantastic career. Canavaro may have lifted a World Cup but he offered little in the way of insight, he can barely speak English and kept giggling. I'd much rather a panel of journalists than ex pros any day!

This is not a bad shout. A panel comprising the core from the Football Weekly podcast, headed by James Richardson, would be preferable to either mob served up by BBC or ITV.

Archived