IGNORED

World Cup Tv Panels

Eco

ITV look strong this year with Chiles leading Dixon, Cannavaro, Viera, Hod, Wrighty & Strachers.

BBC not bad with Captain Lineker, Hansen, Savarge, Shearer, that slicko Brazilian, Murphy and a couple of others who I can't remember.

I find it really disappointing the opening match of the world cup is being shown on ITV to be honest. I would much rather have seen the TV coverage on the BBC tonight. Even though there are many issues surrounding the BBC, in my view, I definitely prefer their football coverage over ITV. So tonight, I feel a bit robbed.

I find it really disappointing the opening match of the world cup is being shown on ITV to be honest. I would much rather have seen the TV coverage on the BBC tonight. Even though there are many issues surrounding the BBC, in my view, I definitely prefer their football coverage over ITV. So tonight, I feel a bit robbed.

+1 with that. I dislike the BBC but good god they're light years ahead of ITV

ITV look strong this year with Chiles leading Dixon, Cannavaro, Viera, Hod, Wrighty & Strachers.

BBC not bad with Captain Lineker, Hansen, Savarge, Shearer, that slicko Brazilian, Murphy and a couple of others who I can't remember.

ITV strong?????

Chiles is clueless, Wright is a tit and Cannavaro can't speak English.  They'd have done better trawling the pubs for pundits.  Only Dixon is worth his salt.

BBC not much better, Shearer blander than beige.  They should get Seedorf back.

OK, I'll bite. You never use any BBC services?

Thats a poor arguement.

A better question would be "Would you forgo any BBC services" which would be yes, as I only use them once every two years for international football!

Im sure some people find the BBC valuable I don't and don't see why in 2014 I have to pay for something I don't want.

Not an itv fan either. They never seem to learn from past mistakes, and Chiles is terrible. Surely there has to be better out there. There is quite a skill to live tv but he just makes it look so painful. He always seems irritated to me, which makes me irritated.

Thats a poor arguement.

A better question would be "Would you forgo any BBC services" which would be yes, as I only use them once every two years for international football!

Im sure some people find the BBC valuable I don't and don't see why in 2014 I have to pay for something I don't want.

Fair enough, but it's a public service

I don't particularly want to pay for nuclear subs, our lads being in Afghanistan, bailing out greedy bankers, etc - but there you go.  It's to some extent a "public good".

Not an itv fan either. They never seem to learn from past mistakes, and Chiles is terrible. Surely there has to be better out there. There is quite a skill to live tv but he just makes it look so painful. He always seems irritated to me, which makes me irritated.

It's like he's got piles.  Chiles the Piles.  He never smiles.

Make Dixon the front man.  Rides a bike, too, so must be a fine man.

Fair enough, but it's a public service

I don't particularly want to pay for nuclear subs, our lads being in Afghanistan, bailing out greedy bankers, etc - but there you go. It's to some extent a "public good".

Utter nonsense, we're in the digital age, not the 40's. It makes hundreds of millions from selling its programmes too.

But anyway, thats not what this thread is about.

Utter nonsense, we're in the digital age, not the 40's. It makes hundreds of millions from selling its programmes too.

But anyway, thats not what this thread is about.

"Public good" is an economics term - try Googling it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Archived