IGNORED

Everything on the Botswana / South Africa Tour (Merged)

B-Rizzle

I always felt that this trip was more about Lansdown's ego than a valuable pre season and now the game against their top league team is off because they can't raise a team.What a very poor way to prepare the team ans I feel sorry for SC.Now we are probably against a team of cloggers.Crazy trip

Bring back Colin Sexstone. It's been a cake and arse party since he left.

We're now playing Extension Gunners on Monday instead of Township Rollers.

According to this article, Township Rollers (who are top of the table) said the game was no longer in their interest, Extension Gunners are on the other hand bottom of the table: http://www.enole.co.bw/item/1252-gunners-confirmed-for-city-s-visit-to-botswana.html

Another article on the site about our tour, has a local commenting "rest in peace our beloved English" (and says this is going to become an annual cup/tour for English teams):  http://www.enole.co.bw/item/1255-friendship-cup-bristol-city-tour.html

Well organised then! Scrabble around for a bloody game after a last minute pullout.

Nice to see we are having preseason games against professional teams!

To be fair, it can hardly be the club's fault if the team that promised to play us pulled out without warning.

I suppose it's a cautionary tale about arranging such fixtures in "less-developed nations".

If Lansdown produced the requisite brown envelope, I suspect the match would be back on again.

To be fair, it can hardly be the club's fault if the team that promised to play us pulled out without warning.

I suppose it's a cautionary tale about arranging such fixtures in "less-developed nations".

If Lansdown produced the requisite brown envelope, I suspect the match would be back on again.

I wasn't having a pop at the club, just the lack of professionalism of some Botswanan team.  Might be worth considering this when next making decisions about pre season tours.

Not sure how this can happen either, wasn' tit a friendship tournament organised by the Botswanan FA? Speaks volumes.

I wasn't having a pop at the club, just the lack of professionalism of some Botswanan team. Might be worth considering this when next making decisions about pre season tours.

Not sure how this can happen either, wasn' tit a friendship tournament organised by the Botswanan FA? Speaks volumes.

As I say, we must've forgotten to take the requisite brown envelopes!

Aren't we also playing the Botswanan national side? I expect they'll offer a slightly sterner test than the Loft Extension Gooners or whatever they're called.

As I say, we must've forgotten to take the requisite brown envelopes!

Aren't we also playing the Botswanan national side? I expect they'll offer a slightly sterner test than the Loft Extension Gooners or whatever they're called.

Well, if they turn up!

It is great to see the mascots wearing City shirts, which were presented last year. We live in a throw away society; it's refreshing to see shirts being valued. Anyone casting aspersions about the friendship of the Botswanans should look at the picture of those mascots; nothing but good will come of that. As I've stated on here before, some of you are too young to be so cynical.

It is great to see the mascots wearing City shirts, which were presented last year. We live in a throw away society; it's refreshing to see shirts being valued. Anyone casting aspersions about the friendship of the Botswanans should look at the picture of those mascots; nothing but good will come of that. As I've stated on here before, some of you are too young to be so cynical.

Where can I see this? Do you have a link?

I always felt that this trip was more about Lansdown's ego than a valuable pre season and now the game against their top league team is off because they can't raise a team.What a very poor way to prepare the team ans I feel sorry for SC.Now we are probably against a team of cloggers.Crazy trip

Of course it's about Lansdown's ego (or at least philanthropic interests) but I'm yet to see anything which makes it a 'very poor' way to prepare for the season. From the wealth of video that's been up so far, it looks like a valuable bonding exercise outside of the players' comfort zone, keeping them together and their minds focused on a shared goal.

Bring back Colin Sexstone. It's been a cake and arse party since he left.

I hope this is a joke.

Of course it's about Lansdown's ego (or at least philanthropic interests) but I'm yet to see anything which makes it a 'very poor' way to prepare for the season. From the wealth of video that's been up so far, it looks like a valuable bonding exercise outside of the players' comfort zone, keeping them together and their minds focused on a shared goal.

I hope this is a joke.

I don't call training at Englands old base during the world cup as very poor

Archived