IGNORED

Boris Throws His Hat In The Ring......

Maesknoll Red

Boris will be standing as an MP in the next election, a colourful character who will enliven the political arena, his opening salvo is going further than Cameron has, on immigration from Europe.

I'm not the tory's biggest fan but I actually like Boris he makes politics less boring

The buffoon/charlatan appearance is all an act..  expect DC is getting a little nervy though - lose the next election and his leadership will be under intense scrutiny - the tory loving media love Boris.

You've just described every single UK politician, but he's better than most.

Why? Because he has funny hair and stutters a bit like Hugh Grant?

He's a Richard Head who promises much but delivers nothing. For all his twatting around for publicity shots on push-bikes, traffic pollution in central London has actually got worse in his watch. For all his attacks on "the bloated state sector" there are now actually more bureaucrats running London than under the GLC and his attempt now to jump on the anti-immigration bandwagon is typical opportunism: he's probably the only bloke in England who wants an illegal immigrant "amnesty".

The last thing this country needs is another inherited wealth Billy Bunter running the country, who has nothing in common with 99% of the people he purports to represent.

Sorry, funny hair and publicity stunts don't do it. It's a no from me.

Why? Because he has funny hair and stutters a bit like Hugh Grant?

He's a Richard Head who promises much but delivers nothing. For all his twatting around for publicity shots on push-bikes, traffic pollution in central London has actually got worse in his watch. For all his attacks on "the bloated state sector" there are now actually more bureaucrats running London than under the GLC and his attempt now to jump on the anti-immigration bandwagon is typical opportunism: he's probably the only bloke in England who wants an illegal immigrant "amnesty".

The last thing this country needs is another inherited wealth Billy Bunter running the country, who has nothing in common with 99% of the people he purports to represent.

Sorry, funny hair and publicity stunts don't do it. It's a no from me.

Unlike Ed Milliband, the awkward, boring and pathetically dithering, charisma by passed leader of New Labour, a guy who even makes John Major look interesting and like previous useless Labour leaders will cost them the next election.

Unlike Ed Milliband, the awkward, boring and pathetically dithering, charisma by passed leader of New Labour, a guy who even makes John Major look interesting and like previous useless Labour leaders will cost them the next election.

I'd go so far to say Red Ed is a danger to the UK in his endless popularity contest has ended up with some of the most dangerous electoral promises most of them involve screwing over the private sector some how to gain easy popularity as most labour votes are coming from the public sector.

I'd go so far to say Red Ed is a danger to the UK in his endless popularity contest has ended up with some of the most dangerous electoral promises most of them involve screwing over the private sector some how to gain easy popularity as most labour votes are coming from the public sector.

Crikey Davros, I actually agree with something you've written.

Who's comparing him to Miliband?

I'm pointing out what a phoney and fraud "funny haired bumbling toff" Boris is.

No comparison with Labour's failures is necessary.

I thought it was you who was a danger to the UK ;-)

The buffoon/charlatan appearance is all an act..  expect DC is getting a little nervy though - lose the next election and his leadership will be under intense scrutiny - the tory loving media love Boris.

I love Boris too, I think he's great and you are correct about the buffoon bit.

The difference between them is that Boris likes to play the buffoon but is actually quite an intelligent guy whereas Cameron is an idiot, a man who couldn't provide a translation of 'Magna Carta' on the Letterman show. A man who went to Kazakhstan and proclaimed his dream of an EU stretching from the Atlantic to the Urals and helped provoke the present unrest in the Ukraine. A man pathetically attempting to display his macho credentials by pitching himself at the forefront of the sanctions war against Russia, as if he really thinks he can win this game against Putin. Talk about 'cutting off your nose to spite your face', Lord give me strength.

You're absolutely right there is no comparison to Labour's failures whatsoever, after all played 2 won 2, not bad for a "funny haired bumbling toff".

His popularity seems largely to be based on those factors, yes. Obv it helps that you have the London Evening Standard Is Excruciatingly Bad effectively acting as your spin doctor at every mayoral election.

The fact is from his wedding vows, to his pledge to serve a full four years as mayor until 2016, Bozza seems to be able to break every promise he makes, deliver nothing he ever promises, pose about doing some of the most appallingly cynical PR stunts - and be a trust fund powered, Bullingdon Club bread roll thrower to boot without losing any popularity with what he probably regards as "the lower orders".

I genuinely don't get it. It must be the funny hair and Hugh Grant in 4 Weddings voice???

Charlie Brooker had it about right  http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/apr/14/charliebrooker.boris

What else is there to the man other than naked ambition and a good showbiz schtick?  After all, politics is just showbiz for ugly people, and in showbiz no-one - famously - ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the general public.

Would I like to have adrink with Boris? Yes

Would I like Boris in charge of my country? No

Quite, was thinking how good he'd be for some of the politics shows to help engage the masses of people who find it all too boring. Use his personality but don't, ffs, grant him any more power.

He's very clever because he knows how to make people laugh. I bet politicians across the board would give their left arm for just 10% of the Boris Factor.

His popularity seems largely to be based on those factors, yes. Obv it helps that you have the London Evening Standard Is Excruciatingly Bad effectively acting as your spin doctor at every mayoral election.

The fact is from his wedding vows, to his pledge to serve a full four years as mayor until 2016, Bozza seems to be able to break every promise he makes, deliver nothing he ever promises, pose about doing some of the most appallingly cynical PR stunts - and be a trust fund powered, Bullingdon Club bread roll thrower to boot without losing any popularity with what he probably regards as "the lower orders".

I genuinely don't get it. It must be the funny hair and Hugh Grant in 4 Weddings voice???

Charlie Brooker had it about right  http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/apr/14/charliebrooker.boris

What else is there to the man other than naked ambition and a good showbiz schtick?  After all, politics is just showbiz for ugly people, and in showbiz no-one - famously - ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the general public.

Yep it must really worrying to Labour when they are incapable of fielding anyone who can beat the "funny haired bumbling toff", just about sums labour up really, mind you they gave a right good go with Kinnock 'a funny haired bumbling T-W-A-T.

Boris is hilarious while he's in charge of a city that is far way from mine and has little effect on my life

Boris is ******* terrifying if he's in charge of the whole nation and has a massive effect on my life

Yep shows how little the electorate trust labour, when they would rather have a clown, to be honest this news is almost certainly the final nail in labours coffin for next years election, so can't be all bad.

Yep shows how little the electorate trust labour, when they would rather have a clown, to be honest this news is almost certainly the final nail in labours coffin for next years election, so can't be all bad.

Absolutely, with this news it's obvious the Tories will be rocketing up in the polls haha

Absolutely, with this news it's obvious the Tories will be rocketing up in the polls haha

Ha, Ha all you want, labour were unable to field a candidate twice to beat this clown in London and for some reason the public love him and would rather have him in some sort of charge than labour, there must be a reason for that.

Yep it must really worrying to Labour when they are incapable of fielding anyone who can beat the "funny haired bumbling toff", just about sums labour up really, mind you they gave a right good go with Kinnock 'a funny haired bumbling T-W-A-T.

Unlike you, I don't have to reduce everything to the party political.

There are some credible Tories -- Boris isn't one of them. His hard right agenda would be cruelly exposed were it put to a national electoral test IMO.

Archived