IGNORED

Boris Throws His Hat In The Ring......

Maesknoll Red

Unlike you, I don't have to reduce everything to the party political.

There are some credible Tories -- Boris isn't one of them. His hard right agenda would be cruelly exposed were it put to a national electoral test IMO.

But the voters for some reason love him, that is the point and labour cannot field anybody to beat a clown and there has to be a reason for that.

I don't give a **** about party politics, I hate them all, I just happen to hate labour more, it's a bit like the gas, be honest if wasn't for the lib dems (who are the gas of UK politics) then labour would take that honour.

But the voters for some reason love him, that is the point and labour cannot field anybody to beat a clown and there has to be a reason for that.

I don't give a **** about party political, I hate them all, I just happen to hate labour more, it's a bit like the gas, be honest if wasn't for the lib dems (who are the gas of UK politics) then labour would take that honour.

Your constant refrain once any criticism of any policy by this government or any individual Tory is "Ah, but Labour is worse!"

I don't give a f about that. My point is that boris has yet to face a national electoral test. I don't doubt he could be elected as an MP virtually anywhere on the back of his vacuous celebrity factor.

As a party leader his views and record would be under a much starker spotlight.

And predictions that the country would all queue up to vote for another Old Etonian who has never had to do a day's work,in his life (and will never have to) might be a bit premature.

Your constant refrain once any criticism of any policy by this government or any individual Tory is "Ah, but Labour is worse!"

I don't give a f about that. My point is that boris has yet to face a national electoral test. I don't doubt he could be elected as an MP virtually anywhere on the back of his vacuous celebrity factor.

As a party leader his views and record would be under a much starker spotlight.

And predictions that the country would all queue up to vote for another Old Etonian who has never had to do a day's work,in his life (and will never have to) might be a bit premature.

How about the electorate pass a competency test before being allowed to vote? and one of the questions is about vacuous celebrity factor?.

That didn't stop him in London did it?.

Premature maybe, but if it comes to fruition, what then for Labour?.

and his euro scepticism will also make him popular, as someone pointed out last night it's almost like Nigel Farage has rejoined the tories.

London obviously loves him,the majority of the country ( except a few on here ;) ) think he's a total ****.

A poll of the British people this year says that you might be in a minority.

Politicians in order of popularity:

London mayor Boris Johnson - 41%

Prime Minister David Cameron - 28%

Ukip's Nigel Farage - 26%

William Hague - 25%

Labour leader Ed Miliband - 19%

Theresa May - 16%

Nick Clegg - 13%

Michael Gove - 9%

William Hague - 25%

Theresa May - 16%

Nick Clegg - 13%

Michael Gove - 9%

William Hague is the only one there I would rate as a politician and a human being. 

William Hague - 25%

Theresa May - 16%

Nick Clegg - 13%

Michael Gove - 9%

But that's because all most people have seen of Boris is the personality. I think once Boris the politician comes under the spotlight, his popularity may reduce somewhat

But that's because all most people have seen of Boris is the personality. I think once Boris the politician comes under the spotlight, his popularity may reduce somewhat

indeed boris is a PR machine and is a very clever man, he is also ruthless and a lier, wasn't it september he said he would see out his term as mayor of london?,

Some of the stuff he has got up to would destroy other MP's but boris knows how to handle it all,

How about the electorate pass a competency test before being allowed to vote? and one of the questions is about vacuous celebrity factor?.

That didn't stop him in London did it?.

Premature maybe, but if it comes to fruition, what then for Labour?.

and his euro scepticism will also make him popular, as someone pointed out last night it's almost like Nigel Farage has rejoined the tories.

London was voting for a bloke who basically has no power other than to control transport policy - a bit different from the sort of issues you consider at a general election.

Boris's newfound Euroscepticism is all about ensuring the City of London can continue to operate in its usual f- everyone else way. How genuinely he wants to leave the community, I don't now. As I've said, he has kept zero promises in politics so far. Bozza has said we must withdrawal unless we get reforms. He hasn't spelt out what those reforms would be.

London was voting for a bloke who basically has no power other than to control transport policy - a bit different from the sort of issues you consider at a general election.

Boris's newfound Euroscepticism is all about ensuring the City of London can continue to operate in its usual f- everyone else way. How genuinely he wants to leave the community, I don't now. As I've said, he has kept zero promises in politics so far. Bozza has said we must withdrawal unless we get reforms. He hasn't spelt out what those reforms would be.

He's a politician, what do you expect?, do you believe that if by some miracle labour win the next election the 2 Ed's and Harridan Harman will keep every promise they make?. 

and meanwhile the country is still waiting with baited breath for labours EU policies.

Labour don't have an EU policy.

Their only policy seems to be going back to giving the poor a free ride.

as apposed to tax the shit out of them so fat cats can get richer with their tax breaks, I'm suprise the tories haven't brought back workhouses yet,

what about the disabled?

what about people with mental illness?

do these get a free ride?

as apposed to tax the shit out of them so fat cats can get richer with their tax breaks, I'm suprise the tories haven't brought back workhouses yet,

what about the disabled?

what about people with mental illness?

do these get a free ride?

and still labour almost certainly won't be able to beat them in the next election, surely that must tell you something about labour?.

He's a politician, what do you expect?, do you believe that if by some miracle labour win the next election the 2 Ed's and Harridan Harman will keep every promise they make?.

and meanwhile the country is still waiting with baited breath for labours EU policies.

Once again, you answer criticism of a Tory politician with the familiar "Yes, but Labour..."

Returning to the thread's subject, I have the misfortune of having to travel in London regularly and can therefore assess how effective Bozza's transport policy .

Pollution up. London now the worst air quality in the Western world. Jams up.

Tube - Fare rises above inflation. Reliability down. Strikes aplenty. Forcing through a programme of ticket office closures against the wishes of most Londoners according to even his biggest supporter, the Evening Standard.

Cycling: rows and rows of unused "Boris bikes" meet my eyes every time I go to central London. And unsurprising really as deaths of cyclists in London are now at an all-time high.

Plus point: the unfair Congestion Charge zone Western Extension was scrapped.

Overall verdict: Epic fail. Must do better.

Once again, you answer criticism of a Tory politician with the familiar "Yes, but Labour..."

Returning to the thread's subject, I have the misfortune of having to travel in London regularly and can therefore assess how effective Bozza's transport policy .

Pollution up. London now the worst air quality in the Western world. Jams up.

Tube - Fare rises above inflation. Reliability down. Strikes aplenty. Forcing through a programme of ticket office closures against the wishes of most Londoners according to even his biggest supporter, the Evening Standard.

Cycling: rows and rows of unused "Boris bikes" meet my eyes every time I go to central London. And unsurprising really as deaths of cyclists in London are now at an all-time high.

Plus point: the unfair Congestion Charge zone Western Extension was scrapped.

Overall verdict: Epic fail. Must do better.

He's shit like all self serving politicians but would still get re-elected if he put himself forward against any labour politician they care to put against him, there must be a reason, either London voters are so stupid and shouldn't be allowed a vote (didn't Ken try that once before) or labour are more useless.

Sorry but your not the the only one in London regularly.

Provide some evidence for your claims, because tube price rises aside your description sounds like bollocks.

Look up central London NO2 levels re the air quality. It's been in the press very recently as Boris now wants a diesel charge within the congestion charge zone - by 2020. Oxford Circus has the highest level recorded in the world, according to Kings College who have a permanent monitoring station outside the tube station - and have compared data with other large cities.

Re the cyclists. That comes from the Tory supporting Evening Standard. They are running a campaign on the issue.

But of course, you'd know that from your frequent London journeys...

He's shit like all self serving politicians but would still get re-elected if he put himself forward against any labour politician they care to put against him, there must be a reason, either London voters are so stupid and shouldn't be allowed a vote (didn't Ken try that once before) or labour are more useless.

I didn't think Ken was much cop, but he was elected three times. Red Trousers was voted in Bristol. A man in a monkey suit was in Hartlepool.

Municipal elections, very different from national ones.

Labour have a 3 point lead in the polls incidentally, according to the Daily Telegraph last week.

I didn't think Ken was much cop, but he was elected three times. Red Trousers was voted in Bristol. A man in a monkey suit was in Hartlepool.

Municipal elections, very different from national ones.

Labour have a 3 point lead in the polls incidentally, according to the Daily Telegraph last week.

Wow that's that then, a 3 point lead going into a general election year, against an unpopular tory government, that has a ring to it doesn't it, 23% wasn't enough in 1992.

Wow that's that then, a 3 point lead going into a general election year, against an unpopular tory government, that has a ring to it doesn't it, 23% wasn't enough in 1992.

A lot depends on the Ukip factor. But we're going off the point.

Boris's popularity - which I've never denied - baffles me when you consider he comes across like a minor character from Jeeves and Wooster.

But hey! That's showbiz....

You can blame that square on the unions.  I have to use the tube every day and I hate the way I see job creation all over the place, for instance there is maintenance and an automated lift in Covent Garden at the moment, with a guy at the bottom turning the automated lift into a manual one with a guy at the top telling people to use both doors...

These are the spawn of Satan not because they are unused but because the muppets who ride them, don't have a clue.

I like Boris I'll not lie, and diesel pollution is to do with the way the national government and the EU put a focus on particulates not other pollutants, hardly Boris fault that one, he's actually doing somthing about it with a congestion charge for "Clean Diesels" .

I like Boris I'll not lie, and diesel pollution is to do with the way the national government and the EU put a focus on particulates not other pollutants, hardly Boris fault that one, he's actually doing somthing about it with a congestion charge for "Clean Diesels" .

Partly agree, but the reason that London has it worse than other EU capitals is that the focus is on stopping traffic all the time rather than keeping the flow moving. Also more freight on the road as opposed to city centre railheads and the fact that Black Cabs are allowed to get away with ludicrous charges, so you get vast clusters of them in central London, feeding off the gullible tourists and City boys on the piss.

Why I mention this was that improving air quality was one of BoJo's campaign pledges. I seem to recall him appointing an air quality "czar" or something and that person resigning.

Partly agree, but the reason that London has it worse than other EU capitals is that the focus is on stopping traffic all the time rather than keeping the flow moving. Also more freight on the road as opposed to city centre railheads and the fact that Black Cabs are allowed to get away with ludicrous charges, so you get vast clusters of them in central London, feeding off the gullible tourists and City boys on the piss.

Why I mention this was that improving air quality was one of BoJo's campaign pledges. I seem to recall him appointing an air quality "czar" or something and that person resigning.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't say it was his fault maybe he over promised and under delivered that's one of his problems he's not very pragmatic, he does tend to do the opposite of most politicians which is put himself up to be shot down, most of the political establishment tend to under promise and then rant about it when they deliver some trivial run of the mill project.

Ummm... What?! I didn't realise you were an expert on air pollution policy?! If the EU put a focus on particulate emissions (which you haven't said why you think is bad), why is London still so much worse for said emmisions than Paris or Rome or Berlin?

Ummm... What?! I didn't realise you were an expert on air pollution policy?! If the EU put a focus on particulate emissions (which you haven't said why you think is bad), why is London still so much worse for said emmisions than Paris or Rome or Berlin?

Hasn't Paris come up with another Hollande piece of bullshit regarding odd/even car numbers on alternate days?, probably works as long as your day isn't when your on strike, which is quite likely in France.

Tell us! Maybe you could do better than TinTin and give something other than the Oxford Street results from July.

William Hague - 25%

Theresa May - 16%

Nick Clegg - 13%

Michael Gove - 9%

Well,that's 59% who don't rate him then ;)

The 41% probably saw a photo of him and thought it was Wurzel Gummage!

Archived