IGNORED

New Job For Sean O'Driscoll?

BS15_RED

He may not have got us firing on all cylinders in the first team, but if it wasn't for what he put in place, in the way the Club is run behind closed doors, then SC would definitely have found his job harder to do here.

Unfortunately many fans will remember him for poor first team results...the majority don't realise we are benefiting now from his time here.

I would only wish the fella well...he's been a blessing in disguise for us.

He may not have got us firing on all cylinders in the first team, but if it wasn't for what he put in place, in the way the Club is run behind closed doors, then SC would definitely have found his job harder to do here.

Unfortunately many fans will remember him for poor first team results...the majority don't realise we are benefiting now from his time here.

Maybe well, well, well behind the scenes, but our current first-team success has zero to do with SOD

same could be said about McInnes who started it

Maybe well, well, well behind the scenes, but our current first-team success has zero to do with SOD

It has allowed SC to devote his time completely on running the first team without other distractions away from it.

You look at any Clubs success and you'll generally find everything in order, and a smooth running behind the scenes.

Look at a Club struggling and you'll generally find problems behind the scenes...you only have to look at Man Utd right now to see how wrong it can go in a short period of time.

SoD was right when he implied way before his departure, that whoever eventually took over from him, would for want of a better word, find it seamless... 

It has allowed SC to devote his time completely on running the first team without other distractions away from it.

You look at any Clubs success and you'll generally find everything in order, and a smooth running behind the scenes.

Look at a Club struggling and you'll generally find problems behind the scenes...you only have to look at Man Utd right now to see how wrong it can go in a short period of time.

SoD was right when he implied way before his departure, that whoever eventually took over from him, would for want of a better word, find it seamless... 

we are going over old ground again spud,

SoD was a poor manager but a very good coach, I'd have no problem with him being here in a coaching capacity but he isn't a leader and that was his downfall,

His ideal job for me is the one tinnian currently holds (not saying tinman is doing a bad job) but he's gone we've moved on and we should just leave it now

I don't get this vitriol against O' Driscoll ( not from everyone admittedly). I don't think for a minute he did anything other than his best for our club but what's done is done. He's gone. Why cant the bloke give it a go at another club without the snide comments?

Does that sentiment include our present manager? seems to me he still gets his fair share of snide comments and he has actually done/doing well for us, don't you think? and is proof that transition doesn't always mean pain and defeat.

we are going over old ground again spud,

SoD was a poor manager but a very good coach, I'd have no problem with him being here in a coaching capacity but he isn't a leader and that was his downfall,

His ideal job for me is the one tinnian currently holds (not saying tinman is doing a bad job) but he's gone we've moved on and we should just leave it now

Yes it has all been covered before fella...but I don't see him as a bad manager.

There were many things going on at this Club that were wrong during his tenure. He put a lot right.

Millen and Mckinnes found the same problems. All three aren't bad managers.

Unfortunately all three will be considered poor at what they did here, because of results.

You could have put the best manager in the world here during those times, I don't believe it would have made a blind bit of difference.

SC is doing well now...but I don't believe he would have found it the same Club to work with, if it hadn't been for the work carried out by SoD and to a smaller extent Mckinnes.

We are imho, based on discussions I've had with people within the Club and the game, bearing fruit from all his hard work behind the scenes.

Unfortunately SoD and Coppell will always be remembered by many of our fans as useless...they couldn't be further from the truth if the truth be known.

The same can be said of John Wards status at this Club...a hero by many...not in my book.

It's a shame...but that's football...because we as fans generally never hear all the story.

Managers are only judged on results it seems...which is not how it should be considering what many have to work with.

Archived