IGNORED

New Job For Sean O'Driscoll?

BS15_RED

Yes it has all been covered before fella...but I don't see him as a bad manager.

There were many things going on at this Club that were wrong during his tenure. He put a lot right.

Millen and Mckinnes found the same problems. All three aren't bad managers.

Unfortunately all three will be considered poor at what they did here, because of results.

You could have put the best manager in the world here during those times, I don't believe it would have made a blind bit of difference.

SC is doing well now...but I don't believe he would have found it the same Club to work with, if it hadn't been for the work carried out by SoD and to a smaller extent Mckinnes.

We are imho, based on discussions I've had with people within the Club and the game, bearing fruit from all his hard work behind the scenes.

Unfortunately SoD and Coppell will always be remembered by many of our fans as useless...they couldn't be further from the truth if the truth be known.

The same can be said of John Wards status at this Club...a hero by many...not in my book.

It's a shame...but that's football...because we as fans generally never hear all the story.

Managers are only judged on results it seems...which is not how it should be considering what many have to work with.

Exactly how else do you expect them to be remembered?, Coppell left us with 3 of the worst/overpaid signings in memory and SOD broke all sorts of records for us.

The FA has appointed Sean O'Driscoll as the new @England U19s National Head Coach: http://the-fa.com/23r66a  , if this is true it is an absolutely perfect job for him IMO.

Where the hell did the Carlisle rumours come from? Kachina?

What a fantastic move for SOD though, sounds perfect for him. How about throwing some decent u19's this way Sean? ;)

no chance we haven't got a spare 6 million to spend of avg championship standard players

Exactly how else do you expect them to be remembered?, Coppell left us with 3 of the worst/overpaid signings in memory and SOD broke all sorts of records for us.

The FA has appointed Sean O'Driscoll as the new @England U19s National Head Coach: http://the-fa.com/23r66a  , if this is true it is an absolutely perfect job for him IMO.

Yes...like I said in my post...they ill be remembered purely by points in the league. Not for what else they did for the Club.

The same can be said of JW...people see him as a hero but have no idea of the damage done here.

You are also intelligent enough to know it is not the managers who agree the fees and length of contracts and wages.

I agree it is a fantastic position for him.

Yes...like I said in my post...they ill be remembered purely by points in the league. Not for what else they did for the Club.

The same can be said of JW...people see him as a hero but have no idea of the damage done here.

You are also intelligent enough to know it is not the managers who agree the fees and length of contracts and wages.

I agree it is a fantastic position for him.

So what earth shattering achievements have the rest of missed during Coppells tenure that SC is actually enjoying now?.

Also I agree with the highlighted bit but are you honestly trying to say that the question would not be asked of the manager, 'how much do you consider he is worth in fees and wages'? or perhaps what was said was 'I don't care how much it costs, that's who I want'.

So what earth shattering achievements have the rest of missed during Coppells tenure that SC is actually enjoying now?.

Also I agree with the highlighted bit but are you honestly trying to say that the question would not be asked of the manager, 'how much do you consider he is worth in fees and wages'? or perhaps what was said was 'I don't care how much it costs, that's who I want'.

hireing keith burt

Or perhaps what was said... 'Get me into the Premiership... I don't care how much it costs...but we will do it my way'

Come on mate...we are going over old ground here. We all know mistakes have been made since that fateful day at Wembley against Hull. So much has happened since then.

Lets just enjoy the fact that the Club seem to be on the up turn, and things have been put in place by previous managers and a lot learnt from our mistakes. Lets hope we never go back to those dark days of spiralling out of control.

Mistakes have been made by many... And where have I said SC is benefiting from Coppell's time here?

Football at the top level is all about possession, controlling the football with one touch and passing it to a player with the same coloured shirt.

Something our international team have failed to do for the last 18 years.

Good appointment by the FA.

Football at the top level is all about possession, controlling the football with one touch and passing it to a player with the same coloured shirt.

Something our international team have failed to do for the last 18 years.

Good appointment by the FA.

They won't get this from SOD then. Never before have I seen such route one tactics at AG.

They won't get this from SOD then. Never before have I seen such route one tactics at AG.

You have not been watching City very long [Osman/Pulis] or at an away game just outside Manchester recently. There is a world of difference between real long ball football - POMO. and players going long due to a lack of ability that no Coach in the world could deal with in a year and a bit.

Better this from the FA.

Go back over the match stats and see how much possession we had in games.

Not saying it worked with us...but we played a possession based game under SoD.

Perhaps I should have said recent times, I understand there have been equally inept managers here in times gone by.

Possession is a miss leading stat sometimes you can have the ball and pass it around the back four for a minute or two before the inevitable hoof upfield. I can't remember many if any games I really enjoyed watching.

Regardless of his style the football was bad, the results were worse, he had contempt for the fans and the local media.

He broke every unwanted loosing record the club had, anyone else would have been run out of town! but for some reason he's held in high regard as some kind of misunderstood oracle of the game.

But good luck Sean, you deserve this one.

Perhaps I should have said recent times, I understand there have been equally inept managers here in times gone by.

Possession is a miss leading stat sometimes you can have the ball and pass it around the back four for a minute or two before the inevitable hoof upfield. I can't remember many if any games I really enjoyed watching.

Regardless of his style the football was bad, the results were worse, he had contempt for the fans and the local media.

He broke every unwanted loosing record the club had, anyone else would have been run out of town! but for some reason he's held in high regard as some kind of misunderstood oracle of the game.

But good luck Sean, you deserve this one.

The style of football was limited by the ability of the players. Quite recently I watched City do similar with a team costing a lot more than O'driscolls passing it around before the inevitable hoof. It is the English disease and will take a relentless effort to change.

My Son is at a local development centre unattached to City, and when I see the level of ability the kids there have v professionals playing for BCFC I wonder what English football has been up to for the last twenty five years.

I respect Mr O'Driscoll for what he attempts to do.

Does that sentiment include our present manager? seems to me he still gets his fair share of snide comments and he has actually done/doing well for us, don't you think? and is proof that transition doesn't always mean pain and defeat.

Yes, I have noticed that on a few occasions (fitness etc.) and seems a valid comment.

Archived