IGNORED

Banksy 2

Leveller

Please see my suggestion in the Q&A section and Dave L's response.

In short, could we get Banksy to contribute a mural of some sort to the stadium redevelopment ?

I have to say I'm amazed that the club apparently hasn't considered this, as I think it would be an epic and obvious addition to the stadium.

As Dave says, Banksy is famously anonymous, but surely someone at AG or on OTIB has some inside knowledge?

It would be great to have something memorable, ideally not in the areas frequented by the "great and the good" but in the home fans end.

Anyone agree ?

I be amazed if the club can get hold of some one only a very small handful of people actually know

You're seriously suggesting one of the richest men in Britain can't pay someone to find out how to make contact with another of Bristol's most famous sons?? Seriously ??

Anyway, what about the idea itself?

You're seriously suggesting one of the richest men in Britain can't pay someone to find out how to make contact with another of Bristol's most famous sons?? Seriously ??

Anyway, what about the idea itself?

The internationally known street artist who painted on the Winterstoke wall, one of the people involved in where the wall, pest control ... Will all know how.

http://www.pestcontroloffice.com/whatispco.html

An artist who used to sell his work via Bristol's Full Marks and Green leaf alternative book stores may not want to be contacted by one of the richest men in Britain

The internationally known street artist who painted on the Winterstoke wall, one of the people involved in where the wall, pest control ... Will all know how.

http://www.pestcontroloffice.com/whatispco.html

An artist who used to sell his work via Bristol's Full Marks and Green leaf alternative book stores may not want to be contacted by one of the richest men in Britain

But I doubt that would stop him being involved, as a supporter of the team ( which I think has been pretty fully established according to previous threads).

Anyway that was why I suggested the location being the home end, not the Directors box.

But I doubt that would stop him being involved, as a supporter of the team ( which I think has been pretty fully established according to previous threads).

Anyway that was why I suggested the location being the home end, not the Directors box.

Given the immense artistic and creative talent on Bristol City's doorstep which includes Banksy's ex press secretary [100% Bristol City] something has been keeping these people away from getting more involved in the FC.

There have been opportunities [mural spaces] outside the stadium for years which BCFC could use to raise awareness of the FC.

Given the immense artistic and creative talent on Bristol City's doorstep which includes Banksy's ex press secretary [100% Bristol City] something has been keeping these people away from getting more involved in the FC.

There have been opportunities [mural spaces] outside the stadium for years which BCFC could use to raise awareness of the FC.

Lack of initiative by BCFC perhaps?

Perhaps this would be different? Anything "unofficial" would probably be on the outside and vulnerable to vandalism by opposition fans .

If Bristol City wanted to paint a series of murals from Temple Meads to Ashton Gate unequaled by any other football club in the UK, they could have. That is a realistic aim v a left leaning political artist.

The enormous space Herakut painted on North Street WAS available if BCFC had asked.

The away fans would have to be carrying scaffold.

So this thread has turned into a criticism of the club because they have not been proactive in getting banksy involved with artwork down the gate. Typical otib. Laughable, and very cringey. This is Banksy we're talking about for goodness sake.

Turn it around.

It would be possible and realistic to create a artwalk around BS3 to Ashton Gate for the cost of a players weekly wage/ cheaper than a statue. It wouldn't gain City the same publicity, but would be seen by thousands daily as a reminder of the FC for years.

Can't see it being a goer.

1: BCFC would want too much artistic licence on what the product would look like, Banksy would want to paint what he wants in any topical form and that could well be in a controversial format. The club would want a meeting about the art work, then a meeting about a meeting about a meeting ;)

2: I can't see the lad trusting anything / anyone around BCFC (inside or outside bcfc)  with his with his favoured anonymous persona. We so as a club can't keep quiet about transfers or even so say ''A LEAKED CLUB SHIRT''  so having Banksy lurking around the stadium would send folk in to a text camera phone frenzy, fans and staff, not sure he would get the trusted security as done at Bristol museum.

Look at upfest right on BCFC doorstep, lots of talent to be asked to do stuff and i would say given a canvas they would be willing, Banksy? mmmmmm.

So this thread has turned into a criticism of the club because they have not been proactive in getting banksy involved with artwork down the gate. Typical otib. Laughable, and very cringey. This is Banksy we're talking about for goodness sake.

Thanks for the smug patronising put down. Sorry, I don't see why it's laughable or cringey.

"This is Banksy". So? He's just a bloke FFS. The man supports a football club & perhaps would like to be associated with it. He has a talent that could clearly be used to personalise & improve what could otherwise easily be a bland development. He may or may not dislike the club he supports because it has a rich owner, but I doubt it. There seem to be a few left of centre OTIB members that have not gone off to support one of the fan owned clubs.

And OK it may be unusual for him to be commissioned, but not unique (see above). If the club doesn't approach him, is he likely to approach the club? Pass, but if you don't ask, you never know.

The one objection I expected, but haven't seen is the opposite one; that is, he is now selling for big money and could be seen as too capitalist himself. Unless of course he's giving it all to charity. Again - don't know. Yes, alternative street artists are available, and if they're good, it doesn't affect the concept.

What surprises me is how little enthusiasm there seems to be for the idea itself. Anything to add character seems like a good idea to me - why not plan it now before it's too late?

What surprises me is how little enthusiasm there seems to be for the idea itself. Anything to add character seems ike a good idea to me - why not plan it now before it's too late?

What about a painting of shed man on his roof with his four pack?

Archived