IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

Get a grip ffs, it's an offer, not a Spanish Inquisition.....take it or leave it...or have a ******* moan on otib x

Seems to me its a pay us to get nearer the front of the queue job and that's it, if there`s any tickets left of course; if say 3000 went for the deal there wouldn`t be enough tickets anyway...... so maybe a premier forever scheme would be next if that happened...........oh wait what if 3000 bought into prem forever scheme there wouldn't be enough tickets.........round and round it goes :facepalm:  cash cows r us

I go to most away games yet am not a ST holder.

I would like a membership scheme that gives priority on tickets (eg Swindon) and recognises that while I don't have a ST, I'm one of 300 who go to Carlisle, Oldham, Peterboro on a Friday night etc,

I have zero interest in Bristol rugby, basketball or hoodies.

I go to most away games yet am not a ST holder.

I would like a membership scheme that gives priority on tickets (eg Swindon) and recognises that while I don't have a ST, I'm one of 300 who go to Carlisle, Oldham, Peterboro on a Friday night etc,

I have zero interest in Bristol rugby, basketball or hoodies.

Agreed. Whilst I would always say that season ticket holders always deserve priority there needs to be a way of rewarding those of us who travel all over the country to 10-15 away games- A lot of the time running up bigger bills over the season than a season ticket holder in BS3 who never attends away games.

This however could be done with a simple points system on your account with the club.  

Its like those people who post on Facebook, saying 'gutted' or 'so unhappy' and then when you ask them what's wrong, they don't want to talk about it! The club shouldn't, as a professional organisation, put this sort of thing in the public domain and then don't answer when people ask questions!

Agreed. Whilst I would always say that season ticket holders always deserve priority there needs to be a way of rewarding those of us who travel all over the country to 10-15 away games- A lot of the time running up bigger bills over the season than a season ticket holder in BS3 who never attends away games.

This however could be done with a simple points system on your account with the club.

This dates back years and was dismissed as too impractical.

In 2014, with technological advancement being as it is, we must surely be approaching a point where by a just system can be installed. It's the potd situation, at far flung places like Barnsley, that would be the sticking point. Plus the club acknowledging and willing to address the issue of course.

Weird innit.

Perspective is an alien concept to some.

No loss of perspective here. Just voicing an opinion on a Bristol City issue on a Bristol City forum. I thought that was what the forum was here for. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

As for "It's an offer...take it or leave it"....do you normally sign up for offers without knowing what you're actually getting for your money?

But the club have answered the questions haven't they, you and others just don't like the answer.

Its simple, you find out about the scheme and sign up for it or decline, or you just have a bitchfest on here.

No loss of perspective here. Just voicing an opinion on a Bristol City issue on a Bristol City forum. I thought that was what the forum was here for. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

As for "It's an offer...take it or leave it"....do you normally sign up for offers without knowing what you're actually getting for your money?

Agreed. That's what this forum is for, to discuss City related issues. It not a 'bitchfest', I just don't happen to agree with the way that the club have handled things, 

This dates back years and was dismissed as too impractical.

In 2014, with technological advancement being as it is, we must surely be approaching a point where by a just system can be installed. It's the potd situation, at far flung places like Barnsley, that would be the sticking point. Plus the club acknowledging and willing to address the issue of course.

I believe when Portsmouth reached the F.A cup final- if the fans had paid on the day for games they were able to simply present their ticket stubs at the box office and they manually added the points.

If it was the difference between guaranteeing a ticket for the playoff final or having to risk it in general sale I would sure as hell make sure the box office was aware of what games I had attended! 

In this day and age there is absolutely no reason why a points system couldn't be introduced.

I think the problem with a paid for membership is that in the build up to a big game anyone could purchase one and end up in the same position as some one who had attended multiple more games (Not that we know this to be the case with Forever Bristol).

I believe when Portsmouth reached the F.A cup final- if the fans had paid on the day for games they were able to simply present their ticket stubs at the box office and they manually added the points.

If it was the difference between guaranteeing a ticket for the playoff final or having to risk it in general sale I would sure as hell make sure the box office was aware of what games I had attended! 

In this day and age there is absolutely no reason why a points system couldn't be introduced.

I think the problem with a paid for membership is that in the build up to a big game anyone could purchase one and end up in the same position as some one who had attended multiple more games (Not that we know this to be the case with Forever Bristol).

Slightly off topic but you could easily deal with this by having 3 levels of membership i.e you can only buy bronze membership and then if you hold it for say 2 continuous season, you qualify then to move up to Silver membership and then after 3 more seasons you qualify for gold membership. That way the membership scheme is still open to all but long standing fans get priority over newbies. 

But the club have answered the questions haven't they, you and others just don't like the answer.

Its simple, you find out about the scheme and sign up for it or decline, or you just have a bitchfest on here.

For me (and others) the scheme has arisen old bug-bears that are yet to be resolved.

This idea of simply accepting what you're offered on the chin, would worry me if it was common. I'm just glad it's not.

Would be very dangerous (but dismiss it as a 'bitchfest' if YOU want).

• Admin

What benefit (financially) would the club get out of spending time and money in a scheme that rewards fans who are putting money into our rivals coffers.......

(before anyone gets all upset, I really am just playing Devils Advocate and not questioning the loyalty and worth of those who spend time and money traveling away)

What benefit (financially) would the club get out of spending time and money in a scheme that rewards fans who are putting money into our rivals coffers.......

(before anyone gets all upset, I really am just playing Devils Advocate and not questioning the loyalty and worth of those who spend time and money traveling away)

Bang.... And this sums up perfectly the problem with how English clubs are run, always thinking if the financial angle and not the fans!

I know what you're saying here but I'd say that rewarding loyalty is something that should be championed. Age old saying - it's far easier to retain an existing customer than acquire a new one.

Initiatives drumming up support for new fans is brilliant, who wouldn't want that for the club...

Last year I remember John Lansdown handing out shirts to fans about to treck it for an away game - a fantastic touch.

Existing season ticket holders and those who travel up and down the country along with those who buy multiple tickets throughout the season are perhaps the biggest marketing tool the club has, rewarding them (us) above all should be a key objective.

In answer to the question about what benefit to the club. If say by rewarding loyalty you would achieve:

- a closer relationship with loyal fans

- fans would be happier to part with cash on a long term basis (why not introduce a multiple year season ticket?)

- fans would become even bigger advocates of the club, encouraging friends to come along

Amongst other things...

You were quick enough to go to the time and effort of posting this on here. Time that would have been better spent sending that email to the club, perhaps..?

I agree the details a bit vague, but then I equally couldn't give a toss! Still, at least it's a glimmer of something for some to have a moan about, PLUS we haven't won a game for a week! SC. & SL out!!

Sorry, I forgot the rule that no critisicm of any aspect of the club is currently permissible because we are winning on the pitch.

Unlike an email, raising the issue on here gives anyone on the forum with more information an immediate opportunity to share it with myself and anyone else reading it, who may benefit from knowing. Pretty much what a forum is all about.

Apologies if this offends you.

Archived