IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

I really think DaveL ought to fill in the blanks on this one, on here, for the benefit of everyone reading.  His advice on the Q&A was to email or phone for details (still don't see why we should have to do that), but it seems even those who have already signed up to this don't really know what they're getting.  It's a shambles.

Umm.... my first thought was this scheme was evolving on the back of a fag packet. Looking at these comments I'm not sure it's even got that far!

Any how's, if officialdom is reading this, still quite interested in a scheme that affords priority tickets. Might be easiest if you despatch a piegion with the answer. If you aim it to the south and give it enough food to reach Shaldon area that'll do fine. Alternatively, if our systems have been recently upgraded, I hear that a stagecoach can cross Dartmoor without fear of highwaymen now.

But not, alas, Horfield Common :(

Not exactly but implied it would be worth it. And would pay the cost of the membership back quite easily. So I'm guessing a fiver or something off the early bird price. But I couldn't say for sure. And won't be able to until the next block of tickets are sold!

I have absolutely no idea but a pure guess would be along the lines of the discount being early bird prices on matchday perhaps? As for priority tickets, well we all can't be priority can we???

My guess is that they see playoffs looming and want to cash in for the eventuality. As for phoning up for info, seems like a hard sell to me.

I bought my Swindle ticket this morning and then tried to buy two tickets for the rugby on Friday, asked that as I am now a member of the new scheme as a season ticket holder would I get discounted rugby tickets, after much umming and amming I am now waiting for a call back from someone else.

It seems I would have got some sort of discount if I was a member but there seems to be some doubt that my season ticket membership gets me the same benefits.

I also emailed the club last night and have not had a reply yet.

I bought my Swindle ticket this morning and then tried to buy two tickets for the rugby on Friday, asked that as I am now a member of the new scheme as a season ticket holder would I get discounted rugby tickets, after much umming and amming I am now waiting for a call back from someone else.

It seems I would have got some sort of discount if I was a member but there seems to be some doubt that my season ticket membership gets me the same benefits.

I also emailed the club last night and have not had a reply yet.

Kinda suggesting that the club (or Bristol Sport) don't know themselves what the deal is they are offering.

I've also emailed but still haven't heard back. It's weird that your email doesn't specify the discount on matchday tickets, which is a bit cheeky as that will be the main draw for most people (including me) and dictates whether it's a good deal or not.

However if it is a fiver as suggested above then that is a good offer.

Why oh why they can't just stick all this on the website and make it available for immediate purchase online I don't know....

It also differentiates with thatcham red's answer in the issue of priority on match tickets.

I was assured by email that there would be discounts. Just a shame that a permenantly engaged phone line has thwarted that.

And as for the hoodie...not an item that currently features in my wardrobe! Not sure my kids would stop laughing if I wore it...

Apologies. Reading this back, I meant 'priority on tickets' when I actually said 'discount on tickets'. I put this mental lapse down to dyslexia (it happens quite frequently).

Apologies. Reading this back, I meant 'priority on tickets' when I actually said 'discount on tickets'. I put this mental lapse down to dyslexia (it happens quite frequently).

No worries. Either way, nothing I've read so far has been consistent enough to convince me that anyone at the club actually knows themselves what they're offering.

I've also emailed but still haven't heard back. It's weird that your email doesn't specify the discount on matchday tickets, which is a bit cheeky as that will be the main draw for most people (including me) and dictates whether it's a good deal or not.

Why oh why they can't just stick all this on the website and make it available for immediate purchase online I don't know....

I know! 

Incompetence?

Archived