IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

Surely it would be EASIER to apply a discount to online bookings! Or an I missing something?

You would think so wouldn't you.

I also don't understand why if it's phone only they can't do priority tickets. Just make the first two days of ticket sales for members only.

I reckon take up of this offer would be higher and therefore generate more income if they put a priority system in place. There would be more pressure to join.

Fair play Yoshi that's a really good post and you've made me completely rethink my stance on priority tickets!

With a 12k capacity you may just have a point. However once we're up to 27k then there will always be general sale tickets available, and a priority system could therefore be implemented more fairly.

Agree though it should be possible to make member tickets available online. It would just require the purchaser to present their membership card at the turnstile, either with the ticket loaded onto it (if this is possible) or alongside a paper ticket. If we had a massive game coming up I just don't think I would risk trying to get through on the phone, discount or no discount.

A fair point. Our local medical centre releases its same-day appointments at 8:30. You'd be mad to try to get through on the phone when you can book online and get the time and doctor you want.

On the phone, by the time you've heard the engaged tone a few times and then finally got to the head of the queue, most of the day's appointments have gone.

Exactly the same apllies with people trying to get match tickets with a membership card.

Fair play Yoshi that's a really good post and you've made me completely rethink my stance on priority tickets!

With a 12k capacity you may just have a point. However once we're up to 27k then there will always be general sale tickets available, and a priority system could therefore be implemented more fairly.

Agree though it should be possible to make member tickets available online. It would just require the purchaser to present their membership card at the turnstile, either with the ticket loaded onto it (if this is possible) or alongside a paper ticket. If we had a massive game coming up I just don't think I would risk trying to get through on the phone, discount or no discount.

Yeah I was going to mention how it certainly hasn't ever been an issue getting tickets right up until matchday in the past few seasons, thanks to our plight and having a full ground available. Having not managed to make any games this season yet, I don't know how difficult it may or may not have been, but it certainly seems as though it's near sell out regularly of late, and this is unlikely to continue once the redevelopment's finished (as much as I'd love to have a Gate filled with 27k fans).

That said, once a priority system has been installed, a precedent is then set. To begin with, sure, there's plenty of seats available. But what happens when we start challenging for the Premier League title, and host the likes of Bayern Munich in the Champions League?! What then?!

Ha.. Yes, an exaggerated a pipe dream. But a 40k stadium didn't go to general sale when hosting Steaua Bucharest, so there's always the potential.

Online ticket wise, you could even just enter your membership number when buying the ticket online, or have your online account linked to your membership - I really don't know why they wouldn't be able to do it.

Archived