IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

Sorry, I forgot the rule that no critisicm of any aspect of the club is currently permissible because we are winning on the pitch.

Unlike an email, raising the issue on here gives anyone on the forum with more information an immediate opportunity to share it with myself and anyone else reading it, who may benefit from knowing. Pretty much what a forum is all about.

Apologies if this offends you.

Fair do's. I would still have thought that contacting the club would have been your best bet.

Has the club been very clever here, by providing little information they have lots of people reading and discussing, this raising the profile of the scheme. Soon enough the information will be clearer for those whom wish to purchase for Christmas and the second half of season.

I understand there were leaflets at the game today with more details on the membership scheme - hopefully filling in the blanks from the article on the website.

Could someone please post the info here?

Thanks in advance.

Certainly not. E-mail the club!

Not quite sure if you're joking or not.

Just thought it would be useful for the info to be placed here in public view for my benefit and others. Especially since the club seems so reticent to publicise the details themselves!

I'm joking, trust me.

For the benefit of people not there today - I picked up a leaflet, which told me little more than the item on the club website. It wasn't clear exactly where you could join at the ground but I asked around  and eventually sat in the sales office with the very nice woman organising the whole thing and signed up.

Apart from what we already know there was a promise of a decent discount on home ticket prices. I'm waiting to see what that is exactly.

I'm mainly interested in returning to the ST ranks next season, anything else is a bonus.

My understanding is that there is no priority for match tickets but that regulars would make their money back easily with the discount. I dropped an email asking for details last night and got a reply at lunchtime. 

But I'm not doing a sales job for the club here. I'm sufficiently convinced that it will work for me.

Thanks for the sensible reply. Did they give you specific info on how much the discount is? I've also emailed but not heard back yet. If there's no priority then whether it's worth it just boils down to how many games it would take to pay back.

Still find it strange the whole thing isn't just laid out clearly for us all to make a decision, especially given that they've already started selling them. If only it was as simple as "take it or leave it".

Nailed it Finbarr. I was also a member last time and it was easy, I knew what I was getting and I could buy it online instantly.

As others have pointed out you can contact the club to find out more, but why do we have to do that?

Ulterior motive. Conspiracy theory. Etc, etc.......... We're top of the league, let's fleece the fans........

I was assured by email that there would be discounts. Just a shame that a permenantly engaged phone line has thwarted that.

And as for the hoodie...not an item that currently features in my wardrobe! Not sure my kids would stop laughing if I wore it...

I was assured by email that there would be discounts. Just a shame that a permenantly engaged phone line has thwarted that.

And as for the hoodie...not an item that currently features in my wardrobe! Not sure my kids would stop laughing if I wore it...

Cheers for clearing that up :)

Did they actually quantify what the discount would be?

Not exactly but implied it would be worth it. And would pay the cost of the membership back quite easily. So I'm guessing a fiver or something off the early bird price. But I couldn't say for sure. And won't be able to until the next block of tickets are sold!

Not exactly but implied it would be worth it. And would pay the cost of the membership back quite easily. So I'm guessing a fiver or something off the early bird price. But I couldn't say for sure. And won't be able to until the next block of tickets are sold!

Thanks once again Red Exile.  I just can't understand how they are already selling this membership without clearly defined benefits.  Whether it's worth it or not will depend on how many games you plan to attend between now and the end of the season.

Umm.... my first thought was this scheme was evolving on the back of a fag packet. Looking at these comments I'm not sure it's even got that far!

Any how's, if officialdom is reading this, still quite interested in a scheme that affords priority tickets. Might be easiest if you despatch a piegion with the answer. If you aim it to the south and give it enough food to reach Shaldon area that'll do fine. Alternatively, if our systems have been recently upgraded, I hear that a stagecoach can cross Dartmoor without fear of highwaymen now.

Archived