IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

That's a pretty decent offer from the Scouse. Seems the main offer is match day ticket priority. Let's hope our Club are doing the same.

The point is though, it is clearly laid out and you know exactly what you are getting for your money. 

Marketing, Bristol City style:

1. Announce vague membership offer.

2. Starting selling it

3. Begin to think about the details

4. Continue selling it

5. Gradually begin to clarify details

6. Continue selling it

278. Update ticketing system to cope with it.

Woohoo! Food Vouchers are number 277!!!!!!!

You don't like it, fair enough (you've made it patently obvious), don't buy it.

But there will be a great many who will sign up to this and have already done so.

Next season is where it will really kick in and I see it as a positive move from the club rather than half baked.

That's a fair comment.  I'm actually more frustrated with the way they've launched it rather than the scheme itself, and I'm certainly in favour of a membership scheme in principle.  To not have priority ticketing is an obvious and significant flaw though.  To be fair I may still benefit financially if I'm confident I'll make it to enough games to justify the cost.

And I agree, hopefully this will lead to something more comprehensive next season.

Thanks for the response Dave. Impressive that you come back so quickly and with a full answer.

Don't wish to sound churlish now I've got a response but, perhaps, a little bizarre that the Club are effectively reducing prices for a product for which there is currently more demand (fans) than supply (seats). A better marketing strategy, surely, would have been a scheme (ala Liverpool's and others) where the Club profited from success by making a charge for membership of a priority ticket system. Can't see how IT/admin. issues impact as it merely means introducing a day after the season ticket priority deadline for sales to members.

Anyhow, I know bugger all about marketing and even less about IT so I'm sure the Club have/are sorting out the shambolic admin. of the last few years (excluding criticism of staff who man the desks/phones who, as others have said, are first class in what must be for them really testing circumstances).

I feel quite comfortable with the half-arsed & lacksadaisicle way that this has been launched, it's much more what I've grown accustomed to over the years of following City than the quite slick PR that I've had to endure from Bristol Sport more recently.

This is much more in line with such recent "success stories" as new smartcard readers at the turnstiles the other season, a personal account manager to cater for your every whim and, of course, the legendary fable of the Food Vouchers. Now if only we can get Bristol Sport to arrange that bloody friendly with Willian III (that everybody wants) and start to break the news that all the seats in the new Stuart Barnes Stand will be Blue, then we can consign such poorly communicated (but great ideas) to the corrugated ashbin of history and move our great club forward together (with a free Hot Dog* (no sauce or onions, though, mind) at 2.31pm at the Port Vale (h) game)**

* voucher required

** my personal account manager told me this

The lack of online availability is an issue I think. For a hypothetical playoff game, I reckon tickets would sell out in minutes and I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of our notorious phone system. I would much prefer to book online in that scenario.

It states the discount isn't available for cup, playoff, or away games, so you'd be able to book online for a playoff game as you wouldn't need to try and get your discount.

Whether it should be applicable for playoff games is another debate, but you don't need to worry about this hypothetical situation.

Archived