IGNORED

Swindon .v. Preston

old_eastender

Clearly for us the desired result has to be a draw (with a couple of red card thrown in!)

But if there is to be a winner, would it be best for us if it was Preston or Swindon?

If Preston win it keeps Swindle well behind us and must dent their confidence ahead of playing us, but puts Preston potentially back to one game away from overtaking us.

If Swindon wins it keeps us clear of 2nd but reduces the gap to 3rd to just 7 pts and would be a big boost to Swindon confidence ahead of playing us.

A bit of a conundrum, so really hope for the draw.

Clearly for us the desired result has to be a draw (with a couple of red card thrown in!)

But if there is to be a winner, would it be best for us if it was Preston or Swindon?

If Preston win it keeps Swindle well behind us and must dent their confidence ahead of playing us, but puts Preston potentially back to one game away from overtaking us.

If Swindon wins it keeps us clear of 2nd but reduces the gap to 3rd to just 7 pts and would be a big boost to Swindon confidence ahead of playing us.

A bit of a conundrum, so really hope for the draw.

Lots of conundrums mk doms 2 games in hand are against Rochdale and sheff utd both played by dec2. Again ideally draws

Not sure what sky are up to as my Swindle mates up here say defo on. Ideal result for us would be a draw as I think both sides will be up there come the end. My only hope is as I have stated on here before is that Swindle have to sell some of there crown jewels in January.

Because of where I live I wouldn't be to sorry to see our game against them on the 15th cancelled as I am having nightmares about them stopping our unbeaten record and all the crap that will come with that.

Sorry if this offends

Not sure what sky are up to as my Swindle mates up here say defo on. Ideal result for us would be a draw as I think both sides will be up there come the end. My only hope is as I have stated on here before is that Swindle have to sell some of there crown jewels in January.

Because of where I live I wouldn't be to sorry to see our game against them on the 15th cancelled as I am having nightmares about them stopping our unbeaten record and all the crap that will come with that.

Sorry if this offends

Same with me, but I am praying all the tickets arent sold out for our game by next monday as this was the first game I looked for, think we have a good chance of beating them if I am honest

Sorry if this offends

It may be just the app then hope it's on tbh

Game with Preston definitely on - just bought tickets!

Strangely glad you didn't get beat yesterday - make it a bit sweeter when we take you down!

See you in a couple of weeks!

Hehe look forward to seeing you do that then.

Can't wait to see Preston result it's nice to know it makes no different to us either way we will still be top of the league hehehehehe

A draw would probably suit us, but it is nice to have a 5 point gap over second, however I guess its third we are looking to have a bigger gap over, its more about what we do in the next 3 games. Two draws and a win and we will probably still have a nice gap going into an 'easier' period.

Don't agree that a draw is best result for us. Has to be better if we have a winner surely, which will mean the losing team have even more to do to get in-front of us at the end of the season. Cant see anything other than a home win. Preston met a side in the top 16 of the table away from home yesterday for the first time this season and got stuffed. They really aren't all that. Swindon will turn them over.....and so will we.

Strangely glad you didn't get beat yesterday - make it a bit sweeter when we take you down!

Seems every fan of recent games we`ve played has hoped for the same thing, reality is, its just a hope NO HOPE :yes:  :city:  :city:  :city: 

Now off to bed with you :kiddie: school tomorrow aint it

You may well beat us.  Its a 2 horse race.  The betting will go with us though.

Swindon?  See 'bland' in the Oxford English Dictionary.

The ideal result would be the same as in the recent Albania v Serbia  when the game was abandoned after someone dropped an Albanian flag onto the pitch and a ruck ensued.

Serbia was awarded the game but Serbia was deducted 3 points for it's part in the melee so no points to either team - the perfect result .

Anyone got a light plane and a Swindon flag?

You've obviously never been to the ***** Ground, Andy...they have have an unhealthy obsession with us and try as I might to not let it bother me - it does!

Same here - I grew up with Swindon fans so the rivalry for me is intense. They hate us, and will be determined to beat us in two weeks time, make no mistake. And yes, they get under my skin, too. Fortunately living in London now I don't have the dealings with their supporters often anymore, but last season's 3-2 defeat up there was painful. I'd take a point in two weeks time, they're undoubtedly a dangerous side. 

As for Tuesday night, away win please.

Why? I dont get the whole 'rivalry' with them.

Apart from the pavement dancers and the OB overkill, I think a derby game is enhanced by the rivalry.

Our place is morgue-like most games so a couple of thousand of you wurzels will make for an atmosphere for sure.

Good to have a meaningful game, too - perhaps the most since we stopped you getting in the play-offs in the game at AG years ago.

BTW, when your ground is redeveloped will it remain as Ashton Gate or will the naming be sold off?

Archived