IGNORED

Swindon .v. Preston

old_eastender

Apart from the pavement dancers and the OB overkill, I think a derby game is enhanced by the rivalry.

Our place is morgue-like most games so a couple of thousand of you wurzels will make for an atmosphere for sure.

Good to have a meaningful game, too - perhaps the most since we stopped you getting in the play-offs in the game at AG years ago.

BTW, when your ground is redeveloped will it remain as Ashton Gate or will the naming be sold off?

Also the game where we relegated you, wasn't it?  ;)

Well when we play you we will have our two key players missing Luongo and Kasim both will be on international duty which will be a massive miss for us with those two out.

At some stage you will lose so what a great place to lose if we can turn you over. Every team has a blip you haven't had one yet but you will at some stage and im hoping it starts against us on the 15th.

Well when we play you we will have our two key players missing Luongo and Kasim both will be on international duty which will be a massive miss for us with those two out.

At some stage you will lose so what a great place to lose if we can turn you over. Every team has a blip you haven't had one yet but you will at some stage and im hoping it starts against us on the 15th.

Nah we've already had our blip, we went 2 games without a win before Oldham!

Game with Preston definitely on - just bought tickets!

Strangely glad you didn't get beat yesterday - make it a bit sweeter when we take you down!

See you in a couple of weeks!

I like this one, have we decided if we're keeping him yet? Lets not forget the anti R*vers banter on previous threads, he's practically one of us (probably deep down wants to be one of us)

Clearly for us the desired result has to be a draw (with a couple of red card thrown in!)

But if there is to be a winner, would it be best for us if it was Preston or Swindon?

If Preston win it keeps Swindle well behind us and must dent their confidence ahead of playing us, but puts Preston potentially back to one game away from overtaking us.

If Swindon wins it keeps us clear of 2nd but reduces the gap to 3rd to just 7 pts and would be a big boost to Swindon confidence ahead of playing us.

A bit of a conundrum, so really hope for the draw.

No the best would be for 22 red cards and sizeable bans for all players. The best we can expect though is a draw as you say although, as others have said, a swindle win is not the end of the world.

Strange Stoke_Gifford_Red as I hear you have sold your allocation today for the game against us just goes to show how big you see us as a rival we'll have to beat you without our two key central midfield players as well on the day as they will be on international duty - ok for you as you don't have any so lets see what happens in a couple of weeks and will be even better if we can turn Preston over tomorrow.

You've obviously never been to the ***** Ground, Andy...they have have an unhealthy obsession with us and try as I might to not let it bother me - it does!

Been a few times to be fair, my first ever being the game when we were 3-0 down in 9.minutes.

Remember a 2-2 draw with a Mark Robins brace, got recollections of a 1-1 with Beadle scoring....I think. It is a proper dump.

I guess it may be because I dont have any Swindle mates or know anyone who support this mob.

Looking forward to this one though

Strange Stoke_Gifford_Red as I hear you have sold your allocation today for the game against us just goes to show how big you see us as a rival we'll have to beat you without our two key central midfield players as well on the day as they will be on international duty - ok for you as you don't have any so lets see what happens in a couple of weeks and will be even better if we can turn Preston over tomorrow.

Although we also took 4000 to Coventry and I wouldn't class them as a rival!

For me I'd go, Swindon win, draw, a Preston win.

Gap between us and third IS key but MK Dons will have 2 games in hand over the rest of us and be only 2 points behind Swindon (if they win tonight). The reality is that 3rd place is currently MK Dons as they're likely to pick up some points from their games in hand.

As a result id rather keep the gap between us and preston.

Don't really see you as a big rival, just a town full of ******* and not even in the West Country, p-ss off and pester Oxford

Swindon the most boring little town in the UK!!!

Rivals, doesn't that bell end realise that when it comes to being our rivals they are down the list behind the horse punchers and the welsh and just about on a par with Plymouth in my book.

Surely he realises that the reason this is always popular is because of the ease of travel, although if he is tucked up with his sister he probably doesn't.

What's the betting they don't break 7000 against Preston tonight?

Archived