IGNORED

Swindon .v. Preston

old_eastender

Well, unlike your good selves who appear to follow our games with interest, I honestly don't know who you have played or the results apart from whatever your latest one was

I only follow those clubs that are trying to play catch up with us, you are one of those, however I was in the RAF at Lyneham and Wroughton, and lived and worked in the Town for a number of years so Swindon is one team I look out for, but certainly not obsessed. 

Will be interesting if you can keep this form going with a small squad, I think the loans you seem to depend on will not help in the long run, but with finances as they are it's understandable you have to loan. However I think it is 14 years Swindon have been in this league, so well beyond your sell by date.

Nobody here has any illusions, believe me. We were all set for a relegation battle TBH.

I think the loan thing is a bit of a red herring - we have 2 season long loans, 3 if you count the lad we sold to Norwich but stays til the end of the season.

If they happen to help get us promoted how can that be a bad thing for us?

I only follow those clubs that are trying to play catch up with us, you are one of those, however I was in the RAF at Lyneham and Wroughton, and lived and worked in the Town for a number of years so Swindon is one team I look out for, but certainly not obsessed.

Did 7 years in the RAF myself. Thought that would have given you some sense in choosing what team to support!

Swindles attendancing have always been poor only took 1200 to MK Dons 65 miles away for a so say top 6 clash.

I remember Swindle getting about 1600 against Peterborough in the eighties. Then they had about a 1900 attendance. These were HOME "crowds". If the Swindler does not believe me, then look it up.

Well, unlike your good selves who appear to follow our games with interest, I honestly don't know who you have played or the results apart from whatever your latest one was

Actually I believe most fans here were interested in the result due to the proximity of PNE to us at the top.

I don't feel that we are interested in Swindon that much but who knows? - it may be that some of our fans are going on the Swindon forum and posting comments although why anybody would bother to post on an opposing teams forum is anyone's guess.

Irony is that Swindon winning against PNE means that if we get a draw at the County Ground, that looks a better result for us than if Preston had closed the gap.

Even three points for PNE would still leave them a win behind us, with their next league game at the Gate.

However, a point for Swindon against us may leave them in the playoff places still, but dependent on results, could also leave them a loss from dropping out of the top six.

Expect them to come at us, and we'll have to see how that pans out, considering their inconsistent form.

Archived