IGNORED

Otib Posters Getting Increasingly Grey And Bald?

Nogbad the Bad

Getting on a bit?  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm 64 and as my picture suggests, I was a young mod in the 60's. Still ride a modded up Vespa ( mirrors chrome etc) and am restoring a red and white one as a tribute to the City. Will be finished by early Feb I hope and will get SC to pose on it if when we get out of this league. Only problem is that my local grocer keeps running out of Radox which I need after a ride out. As any caring old git I have a funeral plan and will be carried into Worle Crem to 'When the red red robin ! ' Thats after we have beaten Real madrid in the Champions league of course :facepalm: :facepalm: :clap: :clap:

This thread has proved fateful for me, picked up a mug on the way through the living room on Thursday morning.....something snapped, made it to work, but had to give up and come home. Been in bed ever since. Back is a bit stiff from time to time, but this is pure agony. 41 today feels like 81......

Sympathies Woodsy.

'Did' my back in '89 - yes, I remember the year -  twisting awkwardly while bending and lifting my crying baby daughter out of her cot in the middle of the night.

Absolute agony. Couldn't even get comfortable in bed for a couple of weeks so would spend all night sat at the table in the dark trying to keep my back as straight, and still, as possible.

Felt like I'd become a very old man overnight.

Sympathies Woodsy.

'Did' my back in '89 - yes, I remember the year -  twisting awkwardly while bending and lifting my crying baby daughter out of her cot in the middle of the night.

Absolute agony. Couldn't even get comfortable in bed for a couple of weeks so would spend all night sat at the table in the dark trying to keep my back as straight, and still, as possible.

Felt like I'd become a very old man overnight.

I've never had pain like this Noggers! Sitting down is agony, its bed with a hot water bottle for me, better than any drug going is that little beauty. Pretty much exhausted catch up tv, looking forward to the rugby this afternoon, does have some advantages!

In 1989 I was laughing at my parents and their bad backs, just like my eldest just done to me.......she'll learn!

I've never had pain like this Noggers! Sitting down is agony, its bed with a hot water bottle for me, better than any drug going is that little beauty. Pretty much exhausted catch up tv, looking forward to the rugby this afternoon, does have some advantages!

In 1989 I was laughing at my parents and their bad backs, just like my eldest just done to me.......she'll learn!

Like most older guys I've had back problems on and off over many years. Problem is back problems are difficult to diagnose and I've actually paid for chiropractice - which didn't cure the problem. Eventually I found vascular dilatory gels and ointments which did at least ease the pain.

Fortunately I haven't had a back problem for ages. It's my knees now........

Yep, hot water bottle followed by bag of frozen peas (wrapped in a tea towel) alternately I was advised.

Also lie on the floor all day with your back straight but resting your legs over the arms of the settee. Might seem daft staring at the ceiling all day, but it eased the pain for me!

Don't go to an osteopath or anything, from my experience their 'manipulations' are liable to make it worse.

The good news is it goes away in most cases on its own if you accept the fact you need to really rest it.

For your sake I hope you recover quicker than I did, because it really is incredibly painful and depressing.

Talking of bad backs I have just had a micro dysectomy (spelling?) On my L5 disc. Should be out today. I can now actually put my own socks on and walk more than a few steps without having to lean on something for support. Probably the first ime my wife and kids saw me cry due to the pain at times. Sympathy to anyone who suffers from a bad back, until you've had one youjust cant appreciate it. Wife even said it looked worse pain than when she had our 2 kids. My brain still works like a kid but my body is aging 

Yep, hot water bottle followed by bag of frozen peas (wrapped in a tea towel) .

You know my wife's cooking then Noggers?

That's her take on Jamie's 15 minute meals.

I must be old as I can remember when the gas had a good team and actually occasionally beat City in local derbies! This is like VHS tapes, Watney's Red Barrel and Uncle Bonnie's Chinese R & B club - something that will never be seen again.

I must be old as I can remember when the gas had a good team and actually occasionally beat City in local derbies! This is like VHS tapes, Watney's Red Barrel and Uncle Bonnie's Chinese R & B club - something that will never be seen again.

Aztec Bars, Double Diamond & Clan Dew

We should rename this the 'bad back' thread!

Noggers - I'm at the point where if I led on the floor right mow I'm not getting back up! Slept in the spare room Thursday night, bed is a bit higher than most, couldn't get off that! Had to ring the missus at work to come home and rescue me. Doesn't do much for your ego, does it? Was sat there for a good 30 mins in agony, just had to admit it wasn't going to happen and swallow my pride. Thankfully Mrs Woodsy only works a few miles away

Izza, hope all has gone well mate, I worry that is my future, not being able to out socks on etc. somedays are a real struggle already

Tone - why not see if you and Robbo can get in on a Bogof deal!

Tone - why not see if you and Robbo can get in on a Bogof deal!

That's a possibility I suppose but sharing one with Robbo does create its own set of problems. I was going to go to "Knees R Us" in Cribbs when I'm next home to see what they could do.

Archived