IGNORED

Bristol Ladies Vs Barcelona Match Thread

myol'man

Really people? Any need for the sexist comments?

I am sorry Dolly, but I think you are fighting a losing battle here.

I consider myself respectful of women and, indeed, of all lesser people, but I recall several years ago watching a girls match in a bar in France amongst similarly respectful people - mainly men, to be fair: I think it was Denmark against some other blonde nation.

As I recall, the football was sort of Downs League standard, but was nevertheless appreciated by the captive audience.

'Would You? Number 10 is not bad. I wouldn't mind swapping shirts with number 7. Look at the **** on number 9'.

Apparently, some have now progressed.

In what way was the comment sexist?

Perverted, yes. But sexist? No. Sexism is discrimination against a particular gender. I don't see anyone making sexist comments.

All he insinuated was that he found ladies attractive. Plenty of women talk about male footballers in the same fashion and it's not sexism.

To be fair, it's appears to be fair game when it's the other way round. It wasn't long ago that a number of you were making similar comments regarding Flint.

I've never talked about him swapping shirts or shorts on the pitch etc, nor do I comment on the need for special pants to keep his equipment in (referring to the sports bra comment) which are sexist comments.

I saw a comment today that man has sent a probe 4 billion miles to Land on 2.5 km rock travelling at 45000 mph, and women can't reverse park a car. Made me laugh anyway.

Funnier still when you realise that one of the leading NASA scientists on the project is a woman named Claudia Alexander

http://www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-c1-rosetta-alexander-20141110-story.html#page=1

Archived