IGNORED

Bristol Ladies Vs Barcelona Match Thread

myol'man

Because he wouldn't say that if it was a men's match?

Probably because he's a heterosexual male (just speculating)

Much the same way I doubt you'd say 'phwooooooar' about Jaz Matthews like you would about Aden Flint.

That being the case that would make you as 'sexist' as the guy who made the shirt swapping comment?

Of course neither of you made sexist remarks but hopefully you get the point.

I'm sure, if this was a fan forum with pre-dominantly Females on here, I'm sure you would see some comments on the 'hotness' of some of the men when City play.

Perverted? Yes.

Sexist? Definitely not.

We've seen plenty of those comments and I don't remember anyone going round accusing people of sexism.

All he insinuated was that he found ladies attractive.

To be fair, what he was insinuating - by saying "let me know when there [sic] swapping shirts" - was that he wasn't remotely interested in the actual football (which is what the thread is about, and what the ladies are playing) and in fact considered the objectification of the female form as more important than their sporting prowess.

That's why it could be considered sexist.

If he'd said:

"Passing crisply and posing a threat - much like all teams at Ashton Gate these days, they're looking dangerous. Some of them look beautiful, too!"

it would have been more of a "I think they're attractive but that's not the only thing upon which I base my judgement" type comment that you seem to think his original one was.

A man and a woman who had never met before,

But who were both married to other people,
Found themselves assigned to the same sleeping
Room on a Trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over
Sharing a room, they were both very tired and
Fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth
And she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke
The woman saying, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you,
But would you be willing to reach into the closet
To get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold."

"I have a better idea, " she replied , " Just for tonight,
let's pretend that we're married."

"Wow! That's a great idea!," he exclaimed.

"'Good," she replied. "Get your own ******g blanket."

After a moment of silence, he farted.

The End

Women (or anyone) saying they fancy a particular player is a million miles away from comments being made because of the gender of the players, without even knowing what they look like or anything else about them! Can you really not see the difference?

It's almost as if some people are somehow feeling threatened by the idea of women playing football and feel the need to belittle them.

To be fair, what he was insinuating - by saying "let me know when there [sic] swapping shirts" - was that he wasn't remotely interested in the actual football (which is what the thread is about, and what the ladies are playing) and in fact considered the objectification of the female form as more important than their sporting prowess.

That's why it could be considered sexist.

If he'd said:

"Passing crisply and posing a threat - much like all teams at Ashton Gate these days, they're looking dangerous. Some of them look beautiful, too!"

it would have been more of a "I think they're attractive but that's not the only thing upon which I base my judgement" type comment that you seem to think his original one was.

A fine point, but if I tune into Strictly just to see Pixie Lott in her skimpies, am I sexist? I may or may not be into ballroom dancing. I'm not sure if that's relevant or not.

I went to the women's FA Cup final at Old Trafford in the late 80s, the attendance was only 1,700; to get 2,500 at Ashton Gate for a women's game is a great effort and an achievement for which Bristol Sport should be rightly proud. Worth noting that my sister played for Bristol City Womens FC who later disbanded and that Bristol Academy was in fact born out of the embers of Bristol Rovers Ladies FC.... 

Archived