IGNORED

Bristol Ladies Vs Barcelona Match Thread

myol'man

A fine point, but if I tune into Strictly just to see Pixie Lott in her skimpies, am I sexist? I may or may not be into ballroom dancing. I'm not sure if that's relevant or not.

If, in the middle of a conversation about the quality of the contestants' dancing, you said "yeah yeah, but what was that hot one wearing?!", then it would be a closer comparison - and more likely to be considered sexist.

If you choose to sit and watch her without having at least some appreciation of her other talents, then yes, it could be considered sexist.

If you think she's really sexy, and enjoy the fact that you can watch her regularly because of her skills at dancing, then no, not particularly. You're just a heterosexual male.

"Pointless nuances", some may say, but they're nuances that have caused a shit tonne of problems.

Anyway, this isn't what this thread is about.

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

If, in the middle of a conversation about the quality of the contestants' dancing, you said "yeah yeah, but what was that hot one wearing?!", then it would be a closer comparison - and more likely to be considered sexist.

If you choose to sit and watch her without having at least some appreciation of her other talents, then yes, it could be considered sexist.

If you think she's really sexy, and enjoy the fact that you can watch her regularly because of her skills at dancing, then no, not particularly. You're just a heterosexual male.

"Pointless nuances", some may say, but they're nuances that have caused a shit tonne of problems.

Anyway, this isn't what this thread is about.

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Indeed, but there are also just those people who enjoy the form of the opposite gender. I believe they're called perverts rather than sexists :)

Indeed, but there are also just those people who enjoy the form of the opposite gender. I believe they're called perverts rather than sexists :)

True. Not all perverts are sexists, and not all sexists are perverts. Similarly, not all sexist comments are made by sexists.

It's if the pervert enjoys the form of the opposite gender, and believes that's their only importance, that it becomes sexist.

Great result ladies! Done Bristol proud.

As for the other debate, think I would use the term 'childish schoolboy humour' more than any other, as I strongly doubt those posting them would actually identify any of the players if they saw them walking down the street. They were only made as it was females playing and hence sexist. Now, I can enjoy a bit of schoolboy humour with the best of them, but at least lets have a pair and own up to what it was boys!

Archived