IGNORED

Bristol Ladies Vs Barcelona Match Thread

myol'man

I know the threads a bit dead but here is the report on the Barca website which contains some footage which was a bit different from what I saw on the bristol sport link.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/feminine/detail/article/bristol-fcbarcelona-a-1-1-draw-not-enough

Would have been nice to see an acknowledgement on the city site, but unless I missed it - nothing.

When is the draw for the quarters?

Some good stuff there, the free kick for their goal was a bit harsh, but it was a clear pen for the Bristol Girls. Some good goalkeeping too.

May I ask that everyone who posts on here now finishes with all the innuendo like asking if they swapped shirts on the pitch and others.

These ladies are professional footballers, even if what they are paid is a very small percentage of a male league player. They train very hard, work hard to improve their own performances so we should give the the respect they deserve.

Above all, they are bringing Bristol to the notice of the football world and as such I am very proud of their achievements on behalf of our City.

May I ask that everyone who posts on here now finishes with all the innuendo like asking if they swapped shirts on the pitch and others.

These ladies are professional footballers, even if what they are paid is a very small percentage of a male league player. They train very hard, work hard to improve their own performances so we should give the the respect they deserve.

Above all, they are bringing Bristol to the notice of the football world and as such I am very proud of their achievements on behalf of our City.

I'd like to think that those comments that were posted last night were meant in an ironic fashion, I can't be sure though and that unfortunately is the problem with the written word in a medium like this. I found some of the comments about the talents of the players more upsetting to be honest, many of them seem to be based on examples from some time ago, The idea that the game could have progressed seems to be alien to some.

I too went last night with a group. Was very impressed with the quality of football on show. Both teams put of a good display and I will also be going to the next leg at home.

MM

Would echo that. I was with a Rover fan. Both Sat together shouting BEERR-RRISS-STTTOL.

The standard of football was excellent. It did make me wonder whether it would be better than conference football the gas as witnessing. That's a serious observation rather than a p1ss-take!!

Archived