IGNORED

Flares/smoke Cannisters...again...

Steve Watts

Surprised this hasn't had a thread already (apologies if I've missed this), but at the FAN last night it was warned that after flare incidents this season we are will and truly on the FA's radar and face the very real possibility of a points deduction if this continues.

So for any of you defending them saying they're harmless, then if you don't buy any health reasons given, then buy the threat to our promotion chances, and all for what exactly?!?

They also said last night that two of the lads banned recently for setting them off, due to their football banning orders, one has been refused entry to the army, and another had to stay behind on a family trip to America because he couldn't get a visa to travel.

It's things like this that people need to be aware of, and could affect their futures.

Whether you think they're a bit of harmless fun, the rules are sadly the rules and we need to stick to them. The FA are watching us, and looking to make an example of somebody soon it seems.

Then there`s those cups of tea/coffee/Bovril being carried around, you could easily end up with one over your head, down your back; surely a H&S issue; then theres that leather football it could knock some young innocent child right out. safety glass should be immeadaitely installed around the pitch to protect the innocent. Just trying to think of the next thing to come under the never-ending sanitisation of our game.

Probably best if we stay in the safety of our own homes and pay to watch games on our phones/I pads............then again theres the lightening threat :facepalm:

Surprised this hasn't had a thread already (apologies if I've missed this), but at the FAN last night it was warned that after flare incidents this season we are will and truly on the FA's radar and face the very real possibility of a points deduction if this continues.

So for any of you defending them saying they're harmless, then if you don't buy any health reasons given, then buy the threat to our promotion chances, and all for what exactly?!?

So you can invade pitches, punch horses,your players & stewards, employ rapists and murderers ....but if you throw a smoke bomb

you get points deducted.......i do love the people who run football and the gullible people who support them  :facepalm:

They also said last night that two of the lads banned recently for setting them off, due to their football banning orders, one has been refused entry to the army, and another had to stay behind on a family trip to America because he couldn't get a visa to travel.

It's things like this that people need to be aware of, and could affect their futures.

Whether you think they're a bit of harmless fun, the rules are sadly the rules and we need to stick to them. The FA are watching us, and looking to make an example of somebody soon it seems.

I'm not making light of the warning you posted, but what happened to the two flare chuckers is just incredible.

"No I'm afraid you can't join the Army and lob real bombs at people because you once chucked a harmless smoke bomb on a football pitch!"

What is this country coming to.

• Admin

Ahh, I wondered if anyone actually attended the FAN meetings?

AGAIN nothing anywhere to advertise the issue !

BTW as a self appointed rep, perhaps you could get your facts correct and raise that there has not been a FLARE at a City game, there have been SMOKE bombs - which if you do a little research will realise they are two different things!

BTW as a self appointed rep, perhaps you could get your facts correct and raise that there has not been a FLARE at a City game, there have been SMOKE bombs - which if you do a little research will realise they are two different things!

I've edited the thread title, to make it more accurate. :)

• Admin

The FA are watching us, and looking to make an example of somebody soon it seems.

........ then buy the threat to our promotion chances, and all for what exactly?!?

To say they may be a "threat to our promotion chances" is a very naive statement, every weekend on the net there are numerous pictures of similar incidents taking place up and down the country, let's be honest, this is not a problem just for us this is the latest "phase" that seems to be popular at football

Anyone who was at the WSM - Donny game Tuesday night would have seen the same thing happen, this 'problem' is all over English football at the moment.

Sorry Marie, but as for the FA to do something, the problem is too big to target a particular club at the moment

Is this the same list that city were on for years with safe standing? With the same threats that if the naughty people keep standing , that parts of the ground will be closed down. Idle threats.

There are a lot more dangerous issues in life, then letting off a smoke canister. I mean you hardly hear of issues at paintballing do you.

Ahh, I wondered if anyone actually attended the FAN meetings?

AGAIN nothing anywhere to advertise the issue !

Nice attitude Phantom....Nice attitude.

And for the record I neither went, nor am a self appointed rep, nor did I suggest either of those things.  I just keep up with the extremely accessible social media surrounding the club I support and saw both the notice that the meeting was taking place before it happened, and the comments that came from Dave Lloyd afterwards.  Seeing as you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about the FAN meets you should do a little bit of the research that you preach and you shall find what you're looking for before they take place.

Nice attitude Phantom....Nice attitude.

And for the record I neither went, nor am a self appointed rep, nor did I suggest either of those things. I just keep up with the extremely accessible social media surrounding the club I support and saw both the notice that the meeting was taking place before it happened, and the comments that came from Dave Lloyd afterwards. Seeing as you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about the FAN meets you should do a little bit of the research that you preach and you shall find what you're looking for before th

ey take place.

Where was it listed that they were taking place? I can't see anything on the website, and I don't have access to twitter or facebook if it was on there.

I'm not making light of the warning you posted, but what happened to the two flare chuckers is just incredible.

"No I'm afraid you can't join the Army and lob real bombs at people because you once chucked a harmless smoke bomb on a football pitch!"

What is this country coming to.

........ I was thinking the same thing but at least the United States of 'Merica is now a safer place to be without that loose cannon on their shores!!

I don't see why people feel the need to use them anyway. What exactly do they add to the "atmosphere"? Nothing at all. We looked stupid at Swindon.

Each to their own. I thought the pictures of our fans at Swindon were brilliant, smoke bombs unall.

I noticed all our fans were stood up, probably get a points deduction for that soon as well.

• Admin

And for the record I neither went, nor am a self appointed rep, nor did I suggest either of those things.  I just keep up with the extremely accessible social media surrounding the club I support and saw both the notice that the meeting was taking place before it happened, and the comments that came from Dave Lloyd afterwards.  Seeing as you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about the FAN meets you should do a little bit of the research that you preach and you shall find what you're looking for before they take place.

Would you care to provide me with the URL informing us all where the meeing was announced or where the agenda was listed please as I clearly missed this?

In addition it would be very useful of you to share where you read said comments for the vast majority that like me obviously have no idea what was discussed

Would you care to provide me with the URL informing us all where the meeing was announced or where the agenda was listed please as I clearly missed this?

In addition it would be very useful of you to share where you read said comments for the vast majority that like me obviously have no idea what was discussed

+1

The meeting date was published with the last set of minutes from the previous meeting in August.

The next one for anyones reference is the 12th of February.  The request for meeting discussion points was sent out via email to FAN delegates a couple of weeks back.  I myself made reference on the forum to things around ticketing I would be bringing to discuss.  I am guessing that as Rob (BarBS3) has recently had a new baby, he did not have the time to ask for agenda items as forum rep.

When the minutes are published I will make sure they are put on here for everyone to read.

The comments that Steve is referring to are these from David Lloyd's tweets last night

"Serious concerns over smoke devices has put BCFC on FA's radar. Serious threat of points deduction if small group continue to use them"

"2 arrests so far at AG for smoke device use. Both got 3 yr club bans. 1 got 300 hrs community service. Offenders will be caught and banned"

There is a page on the main BCFC site with everyones email addresses, for them to be emailed things they would like to be brought up at the next meeting.   This can be found here

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fans/Fan.aspx

Nice attitude Phantom....Nice attitude. And for the record I neither went, nor am a self appointed rep, nor did I suggest either of those things.  I just keep up with the extremely accessible social media surrounding the club I support and saw both the notice that the meeting was taking place before it happened, and the comments that came from Dave Lloyd afterwards.  Seeing as you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about the FAN meets you should do a little bit of the research that you preach and you shall find what you're looking for before they take place.

So....you are a nosey Parker then?

• Admin

The meeting date was published with the last set of minutes from the previous meeting in August.

The next one for anyones reference is the 12th of February.  The request for meeting discussion points was sent out via email to FAN delegates a couple of weeks back.  I myself made reference on the forum to things around ticketing I would be bringing to discuss.  I am guessing that as Rob (BarBS3) has recently had a new baby, he did not have the time to ask for agenda items as forum rep.

When the minutes are published I will make sure they are put on here for everyone to read.

The comments that Steve is referring to are these from David Lloyd's tweets last night

There is a page on the main BCFC site with everyones email addresses, for them to be emailed things they would like to be brought up at the next meeting.   This can be found here

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fans/Fan.aspx

Thanks for the reply, but that is really poor from the club, if the only mention was in the published minutes from over three months ago.

Additionally I was unaware there was any feedback being put on twitter last night - maybe this could have been announced?

Hate to say, but there was nothing even in the FAN section on OTIB, not only advising of the meeting or asking for anything to be raised.

As a question for the future, surely it would be more appropriate maybe that any "tweets" could come via the @bcfctweets rather than Dave's personal account? Clearly people will be following BCFC more so than someone's personal twitter?

(Fully appreciate Rob is busy at the moment, but surely someone could have helped him and put something at least on here? )

I know what some people will say "why don't I do something" - simple answer due to work etc, logistically it is a nightmare for me to get to AG8 for an evening. BUT, If anything can be done "online", more than happy to assist?

Maybe let me know when meeting is approaching?

Something can then be set up in the FAN section (with a cut off date)?

Then all questions etc could be forwarded by Dave L to raise?

Any apologies I appreciate we have gone off of topic

Archived