IGNORED

Flares/smoke Cannisters...again...

Steve Watts

Oi! Moderators.

An award for TFR and Always the bridesmaid - for services to thread drift.

I am setting an initial deadline of final whistle of todays match: or it is going to KICK-OFF big time.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE OUR THREAD DRIFT.

TFR

On the contrary, they probably wouldn't have the balls to hit a Prem club with a deduction for a "new" offence, where as a high profile lower league club who are too, with seemingly points to spare, would be the perfect target to make an example of.

You will see in the press next week, just how concerned the club are about this very real threat.

They would need to demonstrate that our offences are more numerous in number or otherwise worse than other clubs or would leave themselves open to legal challenge. However, the incident at Swindon (bombs thrown on pitch causing a very short stoppage) may be the excuse they need.

The problem for the FA, Football League and Premier League is the media love it as they consider it adds to the atmosphere - will the FA or others really have the balls to piss the media off?

You are wrong, Mark. The FA are concerned about this growing trend and looking to make an example of someone very soon.

Is it really worth the risk, if it could cost us promotion. .?!

Like the councils kept threatening to close stands due to standing.

It's up to people to make their own conclusions in life.

Understand the FA are concerned, will never come down to points deductions though.

If the FA want to get noticed they're hardly going to penalise a third tier side, they would hit the Premier league to get maximum publicity.

Also on the basis nearly every club has this problem, can't see how only one side would be punished.

No offence but if it was such an issue for the FA it would be much higher profile in the news on sky etc

I fully understand why the club let this snippet out though, it was to generate the reaction which has done on here

People love to go over the top on this forum.

Understand the FA are concerned, will never come down to points deductions though.

If the FA want to get noticed they're hardly going to penalise a third tier side, they would hit the Premier league to get maximum publicity.

Also on the basis nearly every club has this problem, can't see how only one side would be punished.

No offence but if it was such an issue for the FA it would be much higher profile in the news on sky etc

I fully understand why the club let this snippet out though, it was to generate the reaction which has done on here

People love to go over the top on this forum.

Which is a massive shame that our fans arent creating an atmosphere to support the players that have us top of the league

Maybe we think we're Chelsea jr these days, turn up expecting to win ;)

In all seriousness, we don't seem to create an atmos either when we are garbage or when we are top now..

At least when the EE was still operating it generated some but the rest of the ground was dead.

Maybe we think we're Chelsea jr these days, turn up expecting to win ;)

In all seriousness, we don't seem to create an atmos either when we are garbage or when we are top now..

At least when the EE was still operating it generated some but the rest of the ground was dead.

Got to agree with you there, with the exception of last season, can only remember 2 games with what id call a good atmosphere, one was all round the ground against the gas and the other was the EE's final game

Put on BBC2 to watch Wales v NZ rugby. Smoke generators going before the teams came out which coupled with multi coloured strobe lighting, helped to create an atmosphere. As the teams took to the pitch pyrotechnics on all sides of the pitch sent flames shooting 20 - 30 feet in the air.

Despite there theoretically being one law for all in this country, the unsegregated fans were able to stand if they wished and were drinking beer from glass(!) bottles while they watched the game.

If we accept that some people will bring smoke bombs, maybe we could collectively embrace them.

I propose we apply to be the first league team to have strobe floodlights. The game can be illuminated using glow-sticks and we change our nickname from 'The Robins' to 'The MDMA massive'.

I wonder if I can use food vouchers to buy a Vicks inhaler?

I'm not making light of the warning you posted, but what happened to the two flare chuckers is just incredible.

"No I'm afraid you can't join the Army and lob real bombs at people because you once chucked a harmless smoke bomb on a football pitch!"

What is this country coming to.

I think that if he lobs em for fun, he cant be trusted with the real thing. Military discipline is re hot when it comes to pyros, live and blank ammo. Trust me that kind of thing if serving will get you in a world of shit. Im aware that this is regarded as a minor thing, but working with the real thing and messing about is a no no. And as the Army/Navy/Marines and RAF shrink repeatedly they can afford to be highly selective. Goofing around like this will nor reflect well on you. As offence under criminal law its also against Sections 69 & 70 (I think) of Army etc Regs Conduct predudicial to the good orrder and conduct of a member of the armed forces.

Dicking around with smoke grenades/flares/pyros is not a good idea, specially if some other por bastard suffers...

Some think its harmless fun, which I get, but its still pyros. Not in this day and age.

The ones in the PNE end today it was amusing but someone coulda got hurt.

Sensible head now leaving the building.

Archived