IGNORED

Flares/smoke Cannisters...again...

Steve Watts

Rather be at this ground than sanitised soulless bowls like the Emirates, personally don't have a problem with the flares, thought it looked great at that night game at Charlton a couple of years ago

Oh I agree fully! Just for me the smoke/flares doesn't do it. The rest of it though, the standing, chanting etc is brilliant. As I said each to their own, I wouldn't try to stop someone - j just said I personally don't see the point.

I agree that if it happens at home then it's down to our club to stop them getting in, whether through searches or appeals/education/warnings. I was just using Swindon as the most recent example as the prospect of points deductions have come up since, and asking the question how can Bristol City be to blame.

I actually quite like them, but can see the clubs stance as there is a fine line between smoke bombs and flares, fireworks etc. Makes sense from the clubs point of view to ban the lot.

So breaking any rule or law is fine as long as you don't get caught is it? It's the club's problem to find people carrying illegal items rather than an induvidual's responsibility not to carry them is it?

It seems that the majority is happy to bang on about their rights and how everything is someone else's problem without remembering the basic balance required for a civilised society - for every right there is a balancing responsibility.

So breaking any rule or law is fine as long as you don't get caught is it? It's the club's problem to find people carrying illegal items rather than an induvidual's responsibility not to carry them is it?

It seems that the majority is happy to bang on about their rights and how everything is someone else's problem without remembering the basic balance required for a civilised society - for every right there is a balancing responsibility.

No of course not, the majority of us know what we can or can't bring into a match and abide by the rules, however grudgingly. But there always some who take the risk or think the law doesn't apply to them, whether it's dangerously speeding, drink driving, drug use or taking flares into football matches. Unfortunately we all are subjected to being searched so these people can be identified.

I was just responding to someone who said about 1000 people arrived at the same time at only 3 turnstiles at Swindon at 2.45. I wasnt there but have been in similar situations many times. Obviously there would have been a hell of a lot of trouble if the fans weren't allowed into the ground quickly and the police would have had a crush on their hands, and possibly a riot. My point being that it seems proper searches weren't done, so no doubt anyone could have brought anything into the ground, but this could not be the fault of our club. That's all.

No of course not, the majority of us know what we can or can't bring into a match and abide by the rules, however grudgingly. But there always some who take the risk or think the law doesn't apply to them, whether it's dangerously speeding, drink driving, drug use or taking flares into football matches. Unfortunately we all are subjected to being searched so these people can be identified.

I was just responding to someone who said about 1000 people arrived at the same time at only 3 turnstiles at Swindon at 2.45. I wasnt there but have been in similar situations many times. Obviously there would have been a hell of a lot of trouble if the fans weren't allowed into the ground quickly and the police would have had a crush on their hands, and possibly a riot. My point being that it seems proper searches weren't done, so no doubt anyone could have brought anything into the ground, but this could not be the fault of our club. That's all.

I wasn't having a dig at you, just the mindset of a growing minority who think anything is ok as long as they get away with it. That minority has significant correlation with the minority who want to find someone to blame ( and to sue ) for anything that happens, however hard they have to try to contrive a 'reason'.

I wasn't having a dig at you, just the mindset of a growing minority who think anything is ok as long as they get away with it. That minority has significant correlation with the minority who want to find someone to blame ( and to sue ) for anything that happens, however hard they have to try to contrive a 'reason'.

No problem. I guess much of seeing the bigger picture comes with age and or maturity. When I think of some things I did as a teenager or 20's it scares me now, but you don't see it at the time. I guess many think its always someone else's problem, they are invincible, it will never happen to me...until it does.

Charges got dropped as there was no CCTV evidence to him setting the smoke bomb off, he was in the bar later in the evening

There was only one camera in the ground that night and wasn't pointing in that direction at the time.

I understand from talking to someone at WSM FC that a number of people "pointed" him out, which is the reason he had the tap on the shoulder.

Interestingly it was the same officer as who is working with City to sort this problem out

Thanks for that info mate,all I saw was one lad being prepared to go in a Police van at half time.

I knew which group of lads were doing it,but I'm not in the habit of pointing anyone out!

Hopefully they have learnt their lesson!

THEY ARE NOT FLARES THEY ARE SMOKE BOMBS! they are also not illegal they can be bought in ur average army surplus store! And they make european football looks amazing with the flares and smoke! But us english football fans are getting boring the atmosphere at games this season has been shit we are top of the league and we are sat in a library most of the time! Maybe we should take a leaf out of the rest of Europes book and have some pyro have some party even have some ultras atleast they gave having fun and show some passion

I think the answer in this world of sanitation / H&S is a fog/smoke machine? stick it up in the rafters along with a few laser lights and mirror ball and we can have a boogie to ''drink up thy zider''.. Of course the head of ground operations would be in charge of the fog button :fear:

:gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask:

10+DJ+Martin+Professional+Magnum+Pro+200

THEY ARE NOT FLARES THEY ARE SMOKE BOMBS! they are also not illegal they can be bought in ur average army surplus store! And they make european football looks amazing with the flares and smoke! But us english football fans are getting boring the atmosphere at games this season has been shit we are top of the league and we are sat in a library most of the time! Maybe we should take a leaf out of the rest of Europes book and have some pyro have some party even have some ultras atleast they gave having fun and show some passion

For the avoidance of doubt.... In respect of football, they really are.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bombs-Flares-and-Fireworks-Factsheet-for-FSF.pdf

Twenty three other League One clubs will be unable to deny us promotion but a very small minority of our lunatic supporters (?) will if the bloody minded attitude displayed in this thread continues.

If that happens, we'll arrange an open bus tour of Bristol for you so you can feel the wrath of the great majority.

Why not have the party without the pyro? Get people singing along any way, flares/smoke bombs etc arent NEEDED for a good atmosphere but the singing is and strangely enough singing DOESNT need smoke bombs/flares.

Why not have the party without the pyro? Get people singing along any way, flares/smoke bombs etc arent NEEDED for a good atmosphere but the singing is and strangely enough singing DOESNT need smoke bombs/flares.

my point is it adds to the atmosphere abroad as much as I love city most of the time you could hear a pin drop down the gate

Twenty three other League One clubs will be unable to deny us promotion but a very small minority of our lunatic supporters (?) will if the bloody minded attitude displayed in this thread continues.

If that happens, we'll arrange an open bus tour of Bristol for you so you can feel the wrath of the great majority.

And as they are "safe" we could throw flares and smoke bombs at them .

Though toilet rolls are not to be thrown .

my point is it adds to the atmosphere abroad as much as I love city most of the time you could hear a pin drop down the gate

Sorry Chivers88 i 've been to many Ligue 1 matches in France and flares are definately not welcome .They rupture the play whilst they fog up the pitch and are a fire hazard .

However ,drums,well played , are really good at adding to the atmosphere and driving the team on .i highlight "well played" because our hitherto drummer and his brother desperately needed lessons ,oh and two drumsticks are the number of drumsticks traditionally associated with the playing of said instrument .

Was it only two season ago the players came out through a tunnel of flares on the pitch? And you certainly see massive flare explosions behind a cup presentation.

Anyway this thread is inaccurate. The FA did not threaten to deduct us points at Swindon. It DID deduct us points at Swindon via a dodgy sending off...

Was it only two season ago the players came out through a tunnel of flares on the pitch? And you certainly see massive flare explosions behind a cup presentation.

Anyway this thread is inaccurate. The FA did not threaten to deduct us points at Swindon. It DID deduct us points at Swindon via a dodgy sending off...

There is a subtle difference between organised pyrotechnics and the wally that lobs one wildly in the direction of the pitch .

Can people PLEASE stop going on about a points deduction!

IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Nearly every club gets a smoke bomb let off every week, lets stop and think about this....

You are wrong, Mark. The FA are concerned about this growing trend and looking to make an example of someone very soon.

Is it really worth the risk, if it could cost us promotion. .?!

You are wrong, Mark. The FA are concerned about this growing trend and looking to make an example of someone very soon.

It will blow over.

Can remember the club dishing out letters in the Eastend about chaps standing "OOOHHH THEY WILL SHUT IT DOWN ...!"

• Admin

Understand the FA are concerned, will never come down to points deductions though.

If the FA want to get noticed they're hardly going to penalise a third tier side, they would hit the Premier league to get maximum publicity.

Also on the basis nearly every club has this problem, can't see how only one side would be punished.

No offence but if it was such an issue for the FA it would be much higher profile in the news on sky etc

I fully understand why the club let this snippet out though, it was to generate the reaction which has done on here

Understand the FA are concerned, will never come down to points deductions though.

If the FA want to get noticed they're hardly going to penalise a third tier side, they would hit the Premier league to get maximum publicity.

Also on the basis nearly every club has this problem, can't see how only one side would be punished.

No offence but if it was such an issue for the FA it would be much higher profile in the news on sky etc

On the contrary, they probably wouldn't have the balls to hit a Prem club with a deduction for a "new" offence, where as a high profile lower league club who are too, with seemingly points to spare, would be the perfect target to make an example of.

You will see in the press next week, just how concerned the club are about this very real threat.

On the contrary, they probably wouldn't have the balls to hit a Prem club with a deduction for a "new" offence, where as a high profile lower league club who are too, with seemingly points to spare, would be the perfect target to make an example of.

You will see in the press next week, just how concerned the club are about this very real threat.

Getting beyond the size of Gonads can the football association really deduct points from a football league club?

Archived