IGNORED

Supporter Consultation Meeting Information

nickolas

What I found interesting was when MG said they havent found a way "yet" to link the Atyeo with the rest of the stadium concourse.

...and also theyre considering ways to improve other parts of the stadium which I assumed he meant the Atyeo....but I was reading between the lines there.

Now I'm at a PC I'll give my view for what it is worth.

It was a good evening that was run well and professionally.

I was pleased to hear that unreserved seating is in the pipeline just not for next year. Apparently if an area is unreserved then you can only sell enough tickets for 90% of that area. Therefore an unreserved area of 2000 would only be able to sell 1800 tickets, but it is still in the pipeline, as is safe standing should legislation change.

There is an issue with the steel which worries me at this early stage when we have put so little of it up. If steel shortages become a recurring problem then stadium could fall further behind (currently 2 weeks behind). 

I though the new images made the new ground look better than expected (my humble opinion though).

Timothy Bird didn't call DL a**** at any point which helped things run smoothly  :P

I thought it all seemed like we were pulling in the same direction and it all means good things. 

What I found interesting was when MG said they havent found a way "yet" to link the Atyeo with the rest of the stadium concourse.

...and also theyre considering ways to improve other parts of the stadium which I assumed he meant the Atyeo....but I was reading between the lines there.

But as he said that the Atyeo would be for away fans when it was all finished, it may not be sensible for the rest of the ground to have concourse access to that stand?!

And the giant scoreboard/screen is going on the roof of the Atyeo so the away fans won't be able to see it!

The miserable bunch who stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol Rugby should do the decent thing and give them to Bristol Rugby.

But I will not hold my breath that Higgs would ever do it.

Mr Higgs will probably take them to their new stadium and claim they are part of the club's treasured history.

The miserable bunch who stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol Rugby should do the decent thing and give them to Bristol Rugby.

But I will not hold my breath that Higgs would ever do it.

so is the ground a memorial ? the gates .. all free to move here or there? .... seems if the argument is points scoring against rovers it doesnt matter? previously the gates and ground should be untouched?(when arguing against the mem sale) now its ok to uproot them ... dont get me wrong... I think its all sonething to look into but you cant have it both ways. .. a war memorial shouldnt be used to point score ...leave that to carstairs and trash ... hopefully the rugby folk and people involved with the memorial gates/stadium/ground work out the best most fitting outcome

Bristol Sport (that's who gave most of the information) seemed to be much more reasonable about unreserved seating, than the recent pronouncements. This may be because of the feedback from the forum.  Who knows, but for those who want it, it's worth continuing with the protests in the future.

so is the ground a memorial ? the gates .. all free to move here or there? .... seems if the argument is points scoring against rovers it doesnt matter? previously the gates and ground should be untouched?(when arguing against the mem sale) now its ok to uproot them ... dont get me wrong... I think its all sonething to look into but you cant have it both ways. .. a war memorial shouldnt be used to point score ...leave that to carstairs and trash ... hopefully the rugby folk and people involved with the memorial gates/stadium/ground work out the best most fitting outcome

Sounds a positive meeting with some bridge building going on.

Hate to say it but I kind of agree with some of the above. Point scoring aside, I do think the gates should stay in situ where intended in the first place. If the ground does get built on, then I think it is much more of an open question.

Against that, it was, very much in its time, to remember rugby players, and Bristol will be at AG.

I do think this is an area we would be better getting guidance off people like the British Legion and the Rugby folk rather than making a Rovers/City thing over it.

Confirmed for me that the ground is a 3 sided version of any of them new stadiums, they're calling it a 'bowl' at Bristol Sport and that's what it is.

Funny also that a club/brand which is based in the South West has a restrictive deal with Heineken....especially when Cider companies are local.

Finally I asked a question to MG of where he thought vocal support would end up in the new stadium as it currently looks like 'nowhere' is the answer - sadly I was right.

Genuinely no idea what the future holds if you want to vocally back the team. Everybody else has cause for excitement rather than concern though.

Plenty to ponder, just I have to voice my opinion which is disappointment overall.

Sounds a positive meeting with some bridge building going on.

Hate to say it but I kind of agree with some of the above. Point scoring aside, I do think the gates should stay in situ where intended in the first place. If the ground does get built on, then I think it is much more of an open question.

Against that, it was, very much in its time, to remember rugby players, and Bristol will be at AG.

I do think this is an area we would be better getting guidance off people like the British Legion and the Rugby folk rather than making a Rovers/City thing over it.

The question of whether it might be possible to relocate them to BS3 was asked by one of the rugby supporters at the meeting, as, he said, it was now their permanent home.

Confirmed for me that the ground is a 3 sided version of any of them new stadiums, they're calling it a 'bowl' at Bristol Sport and that's what it is.

Funny also that a club/brand which is based in the South West has a restrictive deal with Heineken....especially when Cider companies are local.

Finally I asked a question to MG of where he thought vocal support would end up in the new stadium as it currently looks like 'nowhere' is the answer - sadly I was right.

Genuinely no idea what the future holds if you want to vocally back the team. Everybody else has cause for excitement rather than concern though.

Plenty to ponder, just I have to voice my opinion which is disappointment overall.

If they told you where to go and sing you'd complain about that!

What was Griffiths' answer?

What was Griffiths' answer?

Something about acoustics and the centre circle.

But seriously one guy asked whether groups of supporters could run a bar in the new stadium? Uh?

While the DEH is underused pre match, there are at least three bars / pubs close to Ashton Gate ran by supporters that enjoy lots of custom on a matchday.

• SC&T Board Members

I think you need to read between the lines a bit: re beer and cider sales, he said they had to be careful not to have every concession on the concourse selling one sort of cider after another, as that would clearly eat into sales for the main alcholic drinks supplier. He didn't say there would be no sales at all in the ground of alcoholic drinks not provided via Heineken. I imagine, for instance, that the recent deals with Butcombe and Thatcher's will remain in place.

With regards to where the vocal support might go, he also confirmed (a) the intention to retrofit rail seats as soon as possible and (b) that when that is done the area of the South Stand that would get retrofitted would be the back. In the previous plans, the rail seating area was earmarked for the back 11 rows of that stand.

To avoid having to relocate people when safe standing comes in, which it will, it would clearly make sense for fans who would want to use that area in 2 or 3 years' time to 'stake their claim' to those back 11 rows from the outset.

That's therefore the area that I think you should aiming for.

With regards to where the vocal support might go, he also confirmed (a) the intention to retrofit rail seats as soon as possible and (b) that when that is done the area of the South Stand that would get retrofitted would be the back. In the previous plans, the rail seating area was earmarked for the back 11 rows of that stand.

To avoid having to relocate people when safe standing comes in, which it will, it would clearly make sense for fans who would want to use that area in 2 or 3 years' time to 'stake their claim' to those back 11 rows from the outset.

That's therefore the area that I think you should aiming for.

Fairly promising, hope they brand it as a singing section to guide fans there

• SC&T Board Members

Something about acoustics and the centre circle.

While the DEH is underused pre match, there are at least three bars / pubs close to Ashton Gate ran by supporters that enjoy lots of custom on a matchday.

I think if the question had been worded "Would you welcome interest in running one of the concourse concessions from a local publican?", it might have got a different answer. If that was what was intended, I would suggest that any local trader interested in running one of the concessions contact BS.

I think if the question had been worded "Would you welcome interest in running one of the concourse concessions from a local publican?", it might have got a different answer. If that was what was intended, I would suggest that any local trader interested in running one of the concessions contact BS.

Mr Giffiths may want to hone his sales technique. An impression that could have been gained from the answers to enquiries was that concessions would be tied up to the drinks supplier Heineken, and his use of "in house" means in house.

Archived