IGNORED

Supporter Consultation Meeting Information

nickolas

• SC&T Board Members

Mr Giffiths may want to hone his sales technique. An impression that could have been gained from the answers to enquiries was that concessions would be tied up to the drinks supplier Heineken, and his use of "in house" means in house.

I don't believe that's the case. But the easiest way to check for sure is for any interested independent provider to enquire.

The thing about the Gates is a respectful thing, as in Sainsburys may not be as respectful as they should be, so rather than them become part of a road into a supermarket, they are treated better and looked after by being moved down here.

yes that's very true. It seems proper that they should follow the club to their new home, after all it is a memorial to people not a place

Confirmed for me that the ground is a 3 sided version of any of them new stadiums, they're calling it a 'bowl' at Bristol Sport and that's what it is.

Funny also that a club/brand which is based in the South West has a restrictive deal with Heineken....especially when Cider companies are local.

Finally I asked a question to MG of where he thought vocal support would end up in the new stadium as it currently looks like 'nowhere' is the answer - sadly I was right.

Genuinely no idea what the future holds if you want to vocally back the team. Everybody else has cause for excitement rather than concern though.

Plenty to ponder, just I have to voice my opinion which is disappointment overall.

A very political answer was given to your question Liam. Like you I'm worried us east enders will be forgotten about. Dave L did say there will be further consultation. Its simple really just have a singing section that's reserved seating!

Blagdon Reds point about the intended rail seats is a good one and although it would take a concerted effort and a bit of organisation, it wouldn't be difficult for those who want to create a singing area to coordinate themselves to purchase season tickets in that area.

It is also worth pointing out that areas behind the goal are traditionally singing areas, all football fans know this and those who buy in those areas should realise it. Again it wouldn't be difficult to get this organised either and although the club are being cagey until everything is completed, they must know this would be the best opportunity for unreserved seating. Although I enjoyed the last few years of the Eastend, not being right behind the goal for games where the opposition came in numbers never felt quite right, it would be great to reclaim our rightful spot.

But seriously one guy asked whether groups of supporters could run a bar in the new stadium? Uh?

For decades the Supporters Club ran a bar in some form.

There have been repeated requests from fans with cash to hire facilities at Ashton Gate for their own match day events, instead of events that occur outside the stadium. These requests could not be met due to contractual issues with Lindleys. Hiring out space does occur at other clubs

At present the facility in the Williams connected to fans is packed, this is not solely down to size, it is down to that connection to fans. Outsourcing could meet the aim of what was described as the "virtuous circle", and create a more vibrant concourse for all.

There have been repeated requests from fans with cash to hire facilities at Ashton Gate for their own match day events, instead of events that occur outside the stadium. These requests could not be met due to contractual issues with Lindleys. Hiring out space does occur at other clubs

At present the facility in the Williams connected to fans is packed, this is not solely down to size, it is down to that connection to fans. Outsourcing could meet the aim of what was described as the "virtuous circle", and create a more vibrant concourse for all.

the legends bar? its packed because of size it can only fit about 60 people in it from a stand that can hold 6k (roughly), 

Still we could be build old trafford with accustics like stoke and catering done by jamie oliver and other top chefs handing out free bear or cider and the same people will still pick fault

But I thought the perceived problem with the Atyeo wasn't the lack of singers, but that the stand acoustics weren't right?

For me it was always the demographics.  I once had a season ticket there, but over time the more lively types were replaced by families and people who just want to sit and watch the game in peace.  Not a problem with either, but hardly conducive of an environment that encourages any sort of singing.

I fear the same will happen with the South Stand ( I wont go over old ground as I've had my say).

• Admin

Blagdon Reds point about the intended rail seats is a good one and although it would take a concerted effort and a bit of organisation, it wouldn't be difficult for those who want to create a singing area to coordinate themselves to purchase season tickets in that area.

It is also worth pointing out that areas behind the goal are traditionally singing areas, all football fans know this and those who buy in those areas should realise it. Again it wouldn't be difficult to get this organised either and although the club are being cagey until everything is completed, they must know this would be the best opportunity for unreserved seating. Although I enjoyed the last few years of the Eastend, not being right behind the goal for games where the opposition came in numbers never felt quite right, it would be great to reclaim our rightful spot.

The one danger is that the new stand is promoted as a family stand, would families really want to be within this area?

THIS is part of the reason the Atyeo died on it's arse

For me it was always the demographics.  I once had a season ticket there, but over time the more lively types were replaced by families and people who just want to sit and watch the game in peace.  Not a problem with either, but hardly conducive of an environment that encourages any sort of singing.

I fear the same will happen with the South Stand ( I wont go over old ground as I've had my say).

The one danger is that the new stand is promoted as a family stand, would families really want to be within this area?

I appreciate both points and particularly the promotion of South Stand as a "family stand", but it is a big stand and it has been a long time since we had a group of vociferous fans that could fill more than a block or two. I would have thought there was room for both. But I have to agree that on the face of it, it does seem that a stand that apparently has been designed to improve acoustics should then be handed over to a group of supporters who don't really go in for singing.

I still think there is an element of having to take stock again once the building is edging towards finalisation, and from your reports last night "Phants" it does sound like the stadium people see that too.

• SC&T Board Members

Following on from my point last night about the back 11 rows of the South Stand having previously been earmarked as the rail seating area and MG confirming last night both that BS will retrofit rail seats as soon as possible and that in the South Stand that will be at the back, this image shows the area concerned shaded in black:

Singing-section-idea-back-of-stand.jpg

If this looks like an area that the vocal fans would like to stake a claim for and thus ensure that it is all like-minded fans in that area (not least in readiness for when it hopefully changes to a safe standing section), then I suggest that we as fans in general enter into a dialogue with the club / BS to make this happen.

The rear wall (shown above in white between the seats and the grey of the roof) seems to me to be an ideal place for flags, banners and even graffiti (if mounted on removable panels or canvases). I'd even suggest that BS be asked to provide suitable anchor points for such banners, flags and/or canvases to be hung up between each of the upright girders to create a display across the full width of that end. If BS wanted the stadium 'clean' for the next event, these could then be taken down and put into store and put back up for the next City game.

If these are ideas that vocal fans think are worth pursuing, then the SC&T would certainly be happy to play a part in discussions about this with the club / BS.

If that's what the guy meant, then he phrased his question very poorly. It came across more like him and a few of his mates wanted to run a bar for themselves.

I guess though there's nothing to stop people forming a local co-operative and tendering for a concession? (Is there?)

the legends bar? its packed because of size it can only fit about 60 people in it from a stand that can hold 6k (roughly), 

Still we could be build old trafford with accustics like stoke and catering done by jamie oliver and other top chefs handing out free bear or cider and the same people will still pick fault

I reckon people will pick fault with free bear at the ground - is it going to be a cuddly kiddies one, or something for the grown ups like a Danni Bear.

probably about a minute before someone complains about the colour, design or they weren't asked their personal opinion before hand

Given the forum track record on new players and managers, I would expect the complaints about the stadium design and colour to come in a few minutes before the images are posted.

I would hope that any sections designated as "Family" would not be in the South Stand. IMO the most suitable place next season will be somewhere in the Dolman.

I would hope that any sections designated as "Family" would not be in the South Stand. IMO the most suitable place next season will be somewhere in the Dolman.

problem is familys have to go somewhere, its going to be alot of disruption for another season at least before we get the final picture,

anyway I'm of the op that there shouldn't be a need ofr a singing section, everyone should be creating an atmosphere, sadly that won't happen due to various things (no not standing or shape of the roof),

One thing that should be happening which won't is the FA should be pushing to get rid of some of these draconion sanctions imposed on football supporters which isn't likely to happen if some fans (at all clubs) continue to behave like cocks

the legends bar? its packed because of size it can only fit about 60 people in it from a stand that can hold 6k (roughly),

The Legends bar is full to capacity consistently due also to who it is connected with. Its decor is worth a browse and drink alone.

A larger facility, with a similar fan centred theme in the Dolman stand could/would provide stiff opposition on marchday v say Bar BS3.

Fans hiring a space could put on their own events on a match day, as they do outside now in opposition to what is provided within Ashton Gate.

"Guests" have take over facilities at other clubs on match days.

How have you arrived at that conclusion? Currently lots of families enjoy watching their football from behind a goal, in a stand with reserved seating and they pay a lot for the privilege. The stand they use is going to be closed to them going forward so the club need to accommodate them as far as possible. And the H Block band. Who I assume have been on tour with a Springsteen tribute act for the last 6 years.

How have you arrived at that conclusion? Currently lots of families enjoy watching their football from behind a goal, in a stand with reserved seating and they pay a lot for the privilege. The stand they use is going to be closed to them going forward so the club need to accommodate them as far as possible. 

The family stand was in the Lower Dolman for many years until it was moved to the Atyeo relatively recently, and very popular it was too.

Makes sense to return it to there, especially as the roof will be extended out in the future.

The family stand was in the Lower Dolman for many years until it was moved to the Atyeo relatively recently, and very popular it was too.

Makes sense to return it to there, especially as the roof will be extended out in the future.

or have a block in the new south stand as well as the lower dolman see which is the most popular and then use that stand going forward

Following on from my point last night about the back 11 rows of the South Stand having previously been earmarked as the rail seating area and MG confirming last night both that BS will retrofit rail seats as soon as possible and that in the South Stand that will be at the back, this image shows the area concerned shaded in black:

Singing-section-idea-back-of-stand.jpg

If this looks like an area that the vocal fans would like to stake a claim for and thus ensure that it is all like-minded fans in that area (not least in readiness for when it hopefully changes to a safe standing section), then I suggest that we as fans in general enter into a dialogue with the club / BS to make this happen.

The rear wall (shown above in white between the seats and the grey of the roof) seems to me to be an ideal place for flags, banners and even graffiti (if mounted on removable panels or canvases). I'd even suggest that BS be asked to provide suitable anchor points for such banners, flags and/or canvases to be hung up between each of the upright girders to create a display across the full width of that end. If BS wanted the stadium 'clean' for the next event, these could then be taken down and put into store and put back up for the next City game.

If these are ideas that vocal fans think are worth pursuing, then the SC&T would certainly be happy to play a part in discussions about this with the club / BS.

I think it is a great idea. The rear of the stand would make a great singing area and for those who would like to stand in the future. I'm sure the acoustics in an enclosed area will add to the racket.

I like sitting behind the goal because I find it more exciting with the action running towards you, as opposed to sideways. I like to sit because I am short, but I am not adverse to any singing etc, so I expect the people at the back to make lots of noise and I will join in!

Archived