IGNORED

Supporter Consultation Meeting Information

nickolas

Yes that's correct but the question was about scoreboards.  You are correct in that there will be a tv on the outside facing out towards Winterstoke Rd roundabout, and another in the bar.  The scoreboard will be on the Atyeo roof and will double as a tv.

So Dolly, do you know what the two black screen like structures are/going to be in the corners above the terraces??

So Dolly, do you know what the two black screen like structures are/going to be in the corners above the terraces??

On the pictures so far I would hazard a guess that they are the glass windows from the sports bar and other gathering areas and so look black but are actually massive doors/windows :)

They're trying to work out for definite if the top of the Atyeo will cope with the weight of a huge telly/scoreboard on it.

Personally, I think the roof structure is going to struggle with the extra weight tbh, the support metalwork is going to have to be serious to combat the stresses involved (environmental pressures).

Personally, I think the roof structure is going to struggle with the extra weight tbh, the support metalwork is going to have to be serious to combat the stresses involved (environmental pressures).

I would think so, also it will need to be attached in a way that will mean it doesn't turn into a huge "sail" when it blows a gale!

we can put pillars in, theres 5 of them going somewhere

On the pictures so far I would hazard a guess that they are the glass windows from the sports bar and other gathering areas and so look black but are actually massive doors/windows :)

The sports bar will be on the far side of the concourse and wont stretch across to the pitch side of the stand but I suppose it could be windows from the big corporate break out lounge.

It just seems obvious positioning for big screen/scoreboards

what on earth is a brown region? And how are the other regions coloured?

You know those games, when we dominate early on, go a couple of goals up but then start defending deeper to

protect the lead but,as sure as egg is eggs, we then concede. When the opposition is on top and we are

hanging on and defending desperately, those last few minutes, waiting for the final whistle to go - that's the brown region!

footballatyeoview.jpg?width=1480height=5

They've made the Atyeo look very real, doesn't look graphic designed at all   :farmer:

Okay trying to pick a few faults with this. Why are the entrances/exits lower down in the East End compared to the Williams? It doesn't look right to me, if someone could explain it.

Looking at the design it does look like that the top tier of the Williams could have gone round the corner section of the east end. Just a thought, maybe it could be done in the future when we are in the premiership. This will create another few thousand seats.

Final dig, whoever did this graphic design doesn't know where the sun is. He has got it in the north by the looks of it. In the summer the shadow from the Williams will cover 3/4 of the pitch towards the Dolman.

Apart from that it is not a bad design!

Okay trying to pick a few faults with this. Why are the entrances/exits lower down in the East End compared to the Williams? It doesn't look right to me, if someone could explain it.

Looking at the design it does look like that the top tier of the Williams could have gone round the corner section of the east end. Just a thought, maybe it could be done in the future when we are in the Premier League. This will create another few thousand seats.

Final dig, whoever did this graphic design doesn't know where the sun is. He has got it in the north by the looks of it. In the summer the shadow from the Williams will cover 3/4 of the pitch towards the Dolman.

Thats one thing thats annoying me the exits on the EE should be higher up..

surely a very minor thing?!

That depends on your level of OCD! :thumbsup:

I would suggest that as both stands are being rebuilt from scratch that they would have put the exits at the same level.....

.... but it may a design issue with the interior design of the two stands?

Okay trying to pick a few faults with this. Why are the entrances/exits lower down in the East End compared to the Williams? It doesn't look right to me, if someone could explain it.

Looking at the design it does look like that the top tier of the Williams could have gone round the corner section of the east end. Just a thought, maybe it could be done in the future when we are in the Premier League. This will create another few thousand seats.

That's going to be an added bonus, the sun can get blinding when you're sat in the Dolman, hopefully this will reduce the problem.   :sun:  :cool:

Drives you nuts, doesn't it? 

My main gripe is with the graphic designer's boring choice of cloud formation.  Having said that, I can see why they didn't go for this:

540_293_resize_20120501_1a24d643cb677793

:gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:

I wouldn't want to put words into their mouths, but could it not be that they feel a public forum like this is not the appropriate place to discuss business proposals?

We know that they plan to operate a whole range of concessions around the concourses (they have said so over and over again at all consultation meetings), so I am sure that businesspeople with an interest in running these will have contacted / will contact BS by phone, mail or post and explore the possibilities in the normal commercial way - which may well include face-to-face meetings to gain and exchange more information.

I'd encourage anybody with an interest in this to contact them. It would be a shame for someone with a good idea to miss the boat and perhaps be inclined to later to suggest that they weren't given an opportunity to put forward their proposal. That opportunity is there now. Why not take it?

Martin Griffits mentioned putting soul into the stadium. The line of questions from fans centred on the how from unreserved seating, a themed Dolman concourse to renting / hiring a bar. It would be a shame for "fans" to not put foward an idea due to the confusion caused by the answers provided last night by Mr Griffiths, answers from what was part of a public consultation.

That depends on your level of OCD! :thumbsup:

I would suggest that as both stands are being rebuilt from scratch that they would have put the exits at the same level.....

.... but it may a design issue with the interior design of the two stands?

It looks as though the vomitories line up with the Dolman. Don't know about the Atyeo.

Confirmed for me that the ground is a 3 sided version of any of them new stadiums, they're calling it a 'bowl' at Bristol Sport and that's what it is.

Funny also that a club/brand which is based in the South West has a restrictive deal with Heineken....especially when Cider companies are local.

Finally I asked a question to MG of where he thought vocal support would end up in the new stadium as it currently looks like 'nowhere' is the answer - sadly I was right.

Genuinely no idea what the future holds if you want to vocally back the team. Everybody else has cause for excitement rather than concern though.

Plenty to ponder, just I have to voice my opinion which is disappointment overall.

We dont have to have a singing section ordain by club. Simply everyone who went in the Eastend buys tickets for the "new eastend" ( as I will always call it) you have you singing section. 

Archived