IGNORED

Supporter Consultation Meeting Information

nickolas

Anyone know what's in the corner between the West Stand and the Atyeo - it looks like it might be the Police control room?

That block is over several floors and will hold all players facilities (changing rooms/gyms/canteen), press conference room, tv studio, editing room, press area,police control, PA, meeting rooms, storage etc

That may well have been a failing on their part. However, it shouldn't discourage interested parties from putting forward their proposals. And now is the time to do that.

A small group at the back who reside in the Dolman asked a question about theming sections of the concourse. This of course will be done via facilities. What fans wanted to know was could fans lease, rent or sponsor these facilities. Fans then could create ideas to "backdrop" the spaces and thus a section of the concourse theme would be FANS ... The small group at the back left none the wiser.

• SC&T Board Members

A small group at the back who reside in the Dolman asked a question about theming sections of the concourse. This of course will be done via facilities. What fans wanted to know was could fans lease, rent or sponsor these facilities. Fans then could create ideas to "backdrop" the spaces and thus a section of the concourse theme would be FANS ... The small group at the back left none the wiser.

Again, I'd suggest they put their ideas down in writing and send them to BS for them to consider. The more detail they give about what they have in mind, the easier it will be for BS to understand and thus to make a decision. It may well appeal to them,

• Admin

Again, I'd suggest they put their ideas down in writing and send them to BS for them to consider. The more detail they give about what they have in mind, the easier it will be for BS to understand and thus to make a decision. It may well appeal to them,

No offence - but it would be nice if someone from BS actually responded on here to these sort of questions

Last night was also about fans being able to understand BS's plans for them. Some people did not on a couple of points, while others e.g Williams = Very corporate were crystal clear.

The more detail BS provide the more easily it will be for fans to understand and provide ideas. Fans could be out there now networking amongst friends who have businesses, and explaining there is a real opportunity there for fans and businesses. It was hard to spot what opportunity, if any existed.

Does look much better than before, but I can't help it, the one thing ruining it is the blandness of the East End :(. If they could just separate it off somehow it would make a huge difference. Very grateful that it's not the Walkers/St Marys reincarnated, but if they can sort that East End, it would be right up there with the best modernisations lately in my opinion.

Does look much better than before, but I can't help it, the one thing ruining it is the blandness of the East End :(. If they could just separate it off somehow it would make a huge difference. Very grateful that it's not the Walkers/St Marys reincarnated, but if they can sort that East End, it would be right up there with the best modernisations lately in my opinion.

dont the big screens in ether corner kind of cut it off?

Slightly off topic, but covered last night nevertheless, MG commented that the acoustics now result in the centre circle now being in the "brown" region for noise generated from the stands.

My worry is that inside the stands they will sound a lot quieter than they did before simply because they're now designed to project the noise into the middle of the pitch rather than reverberate around the fans.

Its ok for the players to enjoy the atmosphere, but the fans have to enjoy it also, after all, watching football is an entertainment business and fans want to enjoy the noise as much as possible too.

I just hope we haven't created a mark 2 Atyeo stand at the South End :-(

I notice in the image of the Atyeo there is no screen.  This, and the reference yesterday to it not being put up before summer 2016 'at the earliest' makes me think this isn't a priority, despite there being 2 others planned for outside of the ground.  I enjoy the facilities a big screen offers at places like the Ricoh and the Valley and, with the importance of the video ref in high level rugby, I'd have thoughth they would've wanted to include it sooner rather than later.

That's my only gripe - if they had less seats on the joining curved bits, had all seats at the same straight angle, a different height roof and and if the stand was a bit higher than the dolman It would cut it away and make it look perfect imo

I notice in the image of the Atyeo there is no screen.  This, and the reference yesterday to it not being put up before summer 2016 'at the earliest' makes me think this isn't a priority, despite there being 2 others planned for outside of the ground.  I enjoy the facilities a big screen offers at places like the Ricoh and the Valley and, with the importance of the video ref in high level rugby, I'd have thoughth they would've wanted to include it sooner rather than later.

My question then is what are the big black blocks in the Dolman/South Stand South stand/Williams corners? I assumed they are the obvious locations for screens however, as you mentioned, the three planned are top of Atyeo, outside bar and inside bar

Slightly off topic, but covered last night nevertheless, MG commented that the acoustics now result in the centre circle now being in the "brown" region for noise generated from the stands.

My worry is that inside the stands they will sound a lot quieter than they did before simply because they're now designed to project the noise into the middle of the pitch rather than reverberate around the fans.

Its ok for the players to enjoy the atmosphere, but the fans have to enjoy it also, after all, watching football is an entertainment business and fans want to enjoy the noise as much as possible too.

I just hope we haven't created a mark 2 Atyeo stand at the South End :-(

what on earth is a brown region? And how are the other regions coloured?

• SC&T Board Members

No offence - but it would be nice if someone from BS actually responded on here to these sort of questions

I wouldn't want to put words into their mouths, but could it not be that they feel a public forum like this is not the appropriate place to discuss business proposals?

We know that they plan to operate a whole range of concessions around the concourses (they have said so over and over again at all consultation meetings), so I am sure that businesspeople with an interest in running these will have contacted / will contact BS by phone, mail or post and explore the possibilities in the normal commercial way - which may well include face-to-face meetings to gain and exchange more information.

I'd encourage anybody with an interest in this to contact them. It would be a shame for someone with a good idea to miss the boat and perhaps be inclined to later to suggest that they weren't given an opportunity to put forward their proposal. That opportunity is there now. Why not take it?

If they are going to remove 'City' from the Atyeo seating they might as well just remove the lot. I actually think it looks a lot smarter with just red seats and no writing myself.

If they are going to remove 'City' from the Atyeo seating they might as well just remove the lot. I actually think it looks a lot smarter with just red seats and no writing myself.

I agree - think it looks very tired in the atyeo - especially the black edges of the writing to give it a 3d effect!

I remember at the AV proposals there was an idea to put white seats in to separate out the stands more in those abysmal bus stop ends - wonder how this could look here?

• Admin

I wouldn't want to put words into their mouths, but could it not be that they feel a public forum like this is not the appropriate place to discuss business proposals?

Not business proposals, there are many other questions that if had been answered before last night would have stopped some of the misunderstandings out there

It's far less bowl like than some posters, and to be fair some of the earlier images, would have us believe. It's certainly less of a bowl than a new stadium would have been I am sure.

I would imagine that there are huge advantages behind the scenes of having everything connected under the stands and that must be the main reason for the design.

I still find it sad that throughout this thread and others that some feel the need to criticise this development at every turn. It make sense that the "corporate" part of the change should be easily understood and almost a given, because that is the part that is most generic. For the parts of the ground that are aimed at the more "maverick" users, there is bound to be some indecision. There is no way that requests for this to be changed, or that to be allowed can be confirmed instantly, there has to be discussions around what the positives and negatives of each request are before a decision can be arrived at.

It's far less bowl like than some posters, and to be fair some of the earlier images, would have us believe. It's certainly less of a bowl than a new stadium would have been I am sure.

I would imagine that there are huge advantages behind the scenes of having everything connected under the stands and that must be the main reason for the design.

I still find it sad that throughout this thread and others that some feel the need to criticise this development at every turn. It make sense that the "corporate" part of the change should be easily understood and almost a given, because that is the part that is most generic. For the parts of the ground that are aimed at the more "maverick" users, there is bound to be some indecision. There is no way that requests for this to be changed, or that to be allowed can be confirmed instantly, there has to be discussions around what the positives and negatives of each request are before a decision can be arrived at.

as the kids say,

haters gonna hate

• Admin

Still to be decided for definite but likely on top of the Atyeo roof.

Really ?

Was stated last night, one would be on outside of main entrance toward Winterstoke Road

One was to be inside new bar concourse, other was to be on the roof of the Atyeo????

Really ?

Was stated last night, one would be on outside of main entrance toward Winterstoke Road

One was to be inside new bar concourse, other was to be on the roof of the Atyeo????

Yes that's correct but the question was about scoreboards.  You are correct in that there will be a tv on the outside facing out towards Winterstoke Rd roundabout, and another in the bar.  The scoreboard will be on the Atyeo roof and will double as a tv. :)

They're trying to work out for definite if the top of the Atyeo will cope with the weight of a huge telly/scoreboard on it.

Archived