IGNORED

Jet On The Piss

chivers88

It's irrelevant whether this is true or not.  It's his performance on the pitch that counts. Unfortunately, he played like someone in a Sunday morning pub team who had 15 pints the night before. Based on today's performance he would struggle to get into the Telford team  

Tittle tattle until proved otherwise and should not have been posted IMO.

But if it is true, defending him is wrong as well, it would be totally unprofessional.

Kinnel...you've changed your tune... I thought you were stuck in the 60's and 70's when everyone was on the piss and smoking?

Every player could be sat at home, out of sight from the public, and playing x box and drinking until late in the morning and no one would be any wiser...but because someone is out late...it's wrong?

He could quiet easily have had 7 hrs sleep. Whilst someone at home could have been 'on it'.

Everyone is so bloody judgemental and perfect...next they'll be saying we pay his wages...oh hang on! :facepalm:

Waiting for a lift after the game, I decided to mosy around to the players' entrance.

Firstly, may I say what absolute gentlemen Aaron Wilbraham and Wade Elliott were. The latter giving time and full attention to young Oskar. It seemed like there was a genuine love in both of them.

JET was not quite of the same disposition. Not to judge the guy at all as satisfying the needs of strangers isn't necessarily everyone's forte, but he seemed very much in a different space, so to speak.

Made me think how very little the average supporter really knows.

He had a shit game, maybe he was pissed off.

I met him earlier in the season after staying late in Sean's bar. Seemed decent to me?

The OP's source would know everything that every player does ,he or she is 'very reliable'.

There is no hiding place.

Alert: Aden Flint is just opening a Coke . :yawn:  :evil:

Er, not to be pedantic, but shouldn't it be 'opening a baggie' if he was doing substance abuse?

Kinnel...you've changed your tune... I thought you were stuck in the 60's and 70's when everyone was on the piss and smoking?

Every player could be sat at home, out of sight from the public, and playing x box and drinking until late in the morning and no one would be any wiser...but because someone is out late...it's wrong?

He could quiet easily have had 7 hrs sleep. Whilst someone at home could have been 'on it'.

Everyone is so bloody judgemental and perfect...next they'll be saying we pay his wages...oh hang on! :facepalm:

Mate don't make it up, I only want the sort of honesty that professional footballers had back in the 60's and 70's, you know the little thing known as pride, like staying on your feet and not going down as if being shot by a sniper at the merest contact, like pretending you've been punched, butted or kicked by an opponent when clearly you haven't and seeing a fellow pro sent off by that cheating/cowardly action, I cannot think of much else lower in the game it's a disgrace and a disgrace that get's brushed under the carpet by people who defend it by claiming it to be part of the modern game.

As for this 'alleged' incident, if true it is totally unprofessional and almost certainly against club rules and nothing to do with being judgemental or perfect, the clue is in the job description 'professional footballer'.

No, but when they are good at it they are worth every penny.

Oh.  Hang on.  What are we talking about?

haha, cudos to the hospitality industry in Amsterdam.

gamon - he looked like me after a bad day at work and just couldn't wait to get away from the place, let alone have to actually talk to anyone.

I'm sure you have a photo to prove this and you aren't passing on idle gossip that slates one of our own players..?

We had a similar rumour at the start of the season re. Ellis Harrison, and it was accompanied by a photo of him sitting at a table full of champagne bottles. Turned out that the photo had been taken back in the summer, and on the night before the match he hadn't even been to the local chippy, never mind a nightclub.

If there is any truth in it, I'm sure that Cotterill will be aware, and take appropriate action.

Mate don't make it up, I only want the sort of honesty that professional footballers had back in the 60's and 70's, you know the little thing known as pride, like staying on your feet and not going down as if being shot by a sniper at the merest contact, like pretending you've been punched, butted or kicked by an opponent when clearly you haven't and seeing a fellow pro sent off by that cheating/cowardly action, I cannot think of much else lower in the game it's a disgrace and a disgrace that get's brushed under the carpet by people who defend it by claiming it to be part of the modern game.

As for this 'alleged' incident, if true it is totally unprofessional and almost certainly against club rules and nothing to do with being judgemental or perfect, the clue is in the job description 'professional footballer'.

So these managers go on camera and say they don't want players going down and cheating.

Yet in training they are told to go down.

Do you know how hard it is to look like you've been tackled and fouled?

You have to practice that shit.

Heard it and seen it for myself.

Don't kid yourself that players were anymore honest back in 'the day' than they are now.

What you see now is a continental influence.

It happened even back in the 60's and 70's on the continent...and even in the British leagues.

It's just more obvious now with the constant replay's and analysis on tv and the media.

Players were less professional back then than they are now...it's just the money that is different.

A Professional footballer now is under more scrutiny and observation than any pro from the 60's and 70's...they got away with murder.

If you actually looked into the regime and diet of what a pro does now...it's not much fun.

Yeah, easy to pile in on him. The football geniuses need careful nurturing. I know it will take a lot and maybe it will never happen but it's worth a go. I love all the players in the City squad at present, even those that give me kittens but I've never seen anyone in a City shirt with more natural talent. As to how you get him to deliver EVERY time he plays, well ................................?? Search me Bill

JET a genius? Easy tiger!

So these managers go on camera and say they don't want players going down and cheating.

Yet in training they are told to go down.

Do you know how hard it is to look like you've been tackled and fouled?

You have to practice that shit.

Heard it and seen it for myself.

Don't kid yourself that players were anymore honest back in 'the day' than they are now.

What you see now is a continental influence.

It happened even back in the 60's and 70's on the continent...and even in the British leagues.

It's just more obvious now with the constant replay's and analysis on tv and the media.

Players were less professional back then than they are now...it's just the money that is different.

A Professional footballer now is under more scrutiny and observation than any pro from the 60's and 70's...they got away with murder.

If you actually looked into the regime and diet of what a pro does now...it's not much fun.

Are you saying it's a skill?

indeed footballers did get away with murder back in the 60's and 70's, in fact it generally needed to be an attempted murder to ever be sent off and I have seen a couple of players namely Francis Lee and Rodney Marsh go down cheaply on a few occasions, but I have never seen during that era a player pretend he had been punched in the face and go down in the way that Tomkins did v Everton and the prem and Sky have pretty much managed to remove all trace of the incident from the inter web.  But I remember incidents like this where a player really did take a punch but didn't go down rolling around because he didn't want to show weakness to an opponent. Different times of course it was, but the bottom line is any player who deliberately sets out to get a fellow pro sent off is the lowest of the low IMO.

Back to thread, as for your last sentence, I agree but for 9 months of the year, for a part of their life given the riches they can earn, it should be a small price to pay, bless em.

If that pic is legit from last night, even if it was 8pm surely he shouldn't be in there the night before a game. Who goes clubbing and leaves before the early hours anyway?? Gone in January hopefully.

It is legit from last night, Jammer on the right was performing there and Jet is in the same attire he wore at the Flyers game earlier on in the evening.

Also, would be certainly later than 8pm as the doors weren't open until 10pm. Rave went on until 6am, apparently.

Archived