IGNORED

Jet On The Piss

chivers88

Unfortunately that mindset is engrained into them from the age of 8 by over indulgent parents, football clubs and later on agents and that makes them totally different to 'us' the people living in the real world.

if it's a job they no longer enjoy then find one that they do like it's that simple.

We are asked to show sympathy for footballers short career span but some show little or no respect to their employers or the fans.

Unfortunately that mindset is engrained into them from the age of 8 by over indulgent parents, football clubs and later on agents and that makes them totally different to 'us' the people living in the real world.

if it's a job they no longer enjoy then find one that they do like it's that simple.

We are asked to show sympathy for footballers short career span but some show little or no respect to their employers or the fans.

I don't think that's true of the majority of Pro footballers fella.

There are plenty who come from tough backgrounds and work hard to get better.

You only have to look at the likes of Scholes, the Nevilles, Beckham, Giggs etc, to see what can be achieved with hard graft and training and respect.

I would also say there are more people who don't enjoy there jobs than there are.

Some realise they are good at something and can do that job professionally, but don't necessarily enjoy it anymore...and it's not always so simple as to just change careers.

Take away the passion of the fans...and football is just a business.

I'm sure if the tale of JET out 'on it' is true, then it will be dealt with by the Club.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

Plus...it's only hindsight in life, that with age, you realise that when younger you made mistakes with talent.

typical attitude/behaviour from Jet, hence why SC has left him on the bench most of the season.

No doubt you will have some helmets on here saying it's because of the teams shape ect ect

Has the penny dropped yet??

Dickwads

Excellent use of 'dickwads' there

You need to post more often, I'm glad I'm not the only person who uses this term today

well going by his eyes in that photo its one of three things

1) he is pi**ed

2) he has been on the wacky backy

3) he is extremely unfortunate and not photogenic at all

I doubt it's the first two - he's not that stupid surely.

The people he mixes with on the other hand.. the chap in the photo, Jammer, will have been. He would have been exposed to stuff passively I would wager. Definitely not the best company to keep the night before the game.

I've never really commented on it before but his off-pitch attitude has always been an issue for me.

He's clearly a wasted talent - everyone would agree on that. A player with his natural talent playing in League 1 - that says it all.

But I have seen on too many occasions - mainly away from home - a complete ignorance and arrogance shown towards fans or kids who might be calling out to him.

Last season I recall he completely ignored the three kids right by the touchline in the warm up who all they wanted was a recognition which would have made their day.

Interesting ol' Tyrone Bennett (a guy with not 10% of the natural talent) came over and had a pic with the three lads....

Yet 5 mins later JET comes over - not to even acknowledge the kids' existence but to touch fists with 3 absolute deadsh*t wannabe gangstas who were mates of his who he had got tickets for.

Saw it at Leyton Orient, saw it at Stevenage. If you look at the sort he hangs around with off the field, it probably explains his attitude and where his head space is.

I've been mesmerized by some of the talent and things he's done on the pitch but off the pitch he is a bit of an arrogant ****.

This story does not surprise me one bit.

I've never really commented on it before but his off-pitch attitude has always been an issue for me.

He's clearly a wasted talent - everyone would agree on that. A player with his natural talent playing in League 1 - that says it all.

But I have seen on too many occasions - mainly away from home - a complete ignorance and arrogance shown towards fans or kids who might be calling out to him.

Last season I recall he completely ignored the three kids right by the touchline in the warm up who all they wanted was a recognition which would have made their day.

Interesting ol' Tyrone Bennett (a guy with not 10% of the natural talent) came over and had a pic with the three lads....

Yet 5 mins later JET comes over - not to even acknowledge the kids' existence but to touch fists with 3 absolute deadsh*t wannabe gangstas who were mates of his who he had got tickets for.

Saw it at Leyton Orient, saw it at Stevenage. If you look at the sort he hangs around with off the field, it probably explains his attitude and where his head space is.

I've been mesmerized by some of the talent and things he's done on the pitch but off the pitch he is a bit of an arrogant ****.

I've seen both sides of his attitude one with how you explain and one when he is willing to sign / high five / pose for pictures. I think as you said if 'his mates' are about he is all big time and has no time for any others, when they are not he is a little different. The complete opposite to Frankie Fielding and Aden Flint in particular who are great with acknowledging the youngsters as well as pretty much the rest of the squad.

I've always been a big fan of JET, particularly as for long periods last season he was the only source of excitement or joy watching City. However, I feel as a club while we have progressed hugely he hasn't moved forward with us. His performances seem to have tailed off and I feel he will be on his way sooner rather than later. I'm not going to get involved in the witch-hunt and allegations that some seem so keen to indulge in, but I do think it's probably time to get rid in January and sign a more mobile replacement. Wilbraham and Agard have been good signings and our style of play now is much more high-tempo and based on a huge work rate - JET doesn't fit in with this new style for me.

Hmm, seems like Mr Cotterill's office might be busy today

Danny Clarke ?@_dannyclarke 17h17 hours ago

Emmanuel Thomas is starting for city and he was bussin the billson skank in Lakota at 4am last night

I have no idea what a "billson skank" is, but I presume it's not the club endorsed pre-match warm-up!

I think it's the grimecore equivalent of 'Doin' the Lambeth walk'...

Personally, I have seen him at many games, posing with kids,  and also after the games at home, when my kids and their friends have photo's with him, and he have's a chat to them, 

Personally, I have seen him at many games, posing with kids, and also after the games at home, when my kids and their friends have photo's with him, and he have's a chat to them,

I can only echo that when my nephew was a mascot he was fantastic with him

I've seen him helping little old ladies across the road and saving kittens stuck in trees .

Yes, but the little old ladies didn't want to cross the road. If also only takes them half way across a dual carriage way and leaves them stuck on the central reservation.

Personally, I have seen him at many games, posing with kids, and also after the games at home, when my kids and their friends have photo's with him, and he have's a chat to them,

Girl at my son's school wrote to JET asking him to buy a bracelet for a charity campaign. He took it to SOD and SOD took the squad into school. My son chatted to JET and he was fantastic in his answers encouraging the kids to work hard and look after their mates. No idea if there's another side to him ... But he clearly isn't dismissive of kids.

Stay dench mate innit. #banter

Archived