IGNORED

Ched Evans

Real Red

11 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Yes stupid woman Jessica getting involved, after he came out of jail she pocked her nose in and said he won.t play football again and I will have my name taken of the stand at Sheffield United. 

As for the girl going back to a Premier Inn drunk with two pro footballers what did she think was going to happen, get the scrabble board out, or watch tv.

Sounds like a good time girl.

She didn't go back with two footballers, she went back with one who wasn't found guilty in the original trial. Evans turned up half way through and had sex with her as well. 

44 minutes ago, WRERE said:

So because we have to presume he's innocent until proven guilty it means the girl consented to the act? 

No. They are mutually exclusive. If Mr Evans reasonably believed she consented then he's not guilty of rape. The question is not did she consent it is whether Mr Evans had reasonable grounds for believing she did.  

There are two issues here. He's now legally innocent, but what about his moral behaviour? Football clubs expect players to be involved in community activities. How could Ched Evans ever be involved in anything involving children, where players are expected to be good role models? I'm glad he doesn't play for City 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh well that's a new one for the injustice system, rent a witness 50k a throw, another way for rich people to get away with stuff.

Or, alternatively, one in the eye for the publically funded CPS who pay themselves obscene salaries and don't seem subject to any public scrutiny.

The worry is for the innocents who ain't rich and don't qualify for legal aid who have to take on the might of the CPS.

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are two issues here. He's now legally innocent, but what about his moral behaviour? Football clubs expect players to be involved in community activities. How could Ched Evans ever be involved in anything involving children, where players are expected to be good role models? I'm glad he doesn't play for City 

This is true. whether or not you believe what he did is rape, he's a liar and a misogynist who behaved disgracefully. All the people congratulating him should really consider exactly what he did. I have a teenage son and I would be horrified if he behaved like that. 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh well that's a new one for the injustice system, rent a witness 50k a throw, another way for rich people to get away with stuff.

Come on you cant be that naive to think that a verdict has never been bought, throughout history victories in the court  have been bought on many an occasion.

Justice has always been there to protect the haves not the have nots.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

This just confirms that no money was paid to him, unless of course you think he is lying.

She doesn't exactly sound like a beacon of virtue herself, not that I'm judging her on that, if she wanted to sleep with a different man every night, that's her business, not mine.

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

This just confirms that no money was paid to him, unless of course you think he is lying.

She doesn't exactly sound like a beacon of virtue herself, not that I'm judging her on that, if she wanted to sleep with a different man every night, that's her business, not mine.

Not paid to him yet, it was based on them getting a not guilty verdict, which they have now got today. 

Her virtue has nothing to do with this. You're right she could sleep with a different man every night if she wanted to, it doesn't mean she couldn't be raped on one of those occasions. Anyone can be raped, whether you've slept with one person or a hundred. 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No denying he's not a very nice person but that doesn't make him a criminal. And the damage that's been done to his career and reputation is beyond repair. Plenty of 'not very nice' people have been through the doors at Ashton Gate - plenty of them still earning a living here to this day.

I seem to recall some very 'animated' opinion towards people on here (and in the wider world) who thought he was innocent at the time, despite having no more knowledge of the details than anyone else with an opinion.

Perhaps a lesson to be learned by both 'sides' that not everything is always black and white. 

This sums it up nicely.....i thought it smelt rotten from the start  after all there was virtually no evidence , it cost me a gagging order last time, because my views didn't match the forum gestapo ....   

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Not paid to him yet, it was based on them getting a not guilty verdict, which they have now got today. 

Her virtue has nothing to do with this. You're right she could sleep with a different man every night if she wanted to, it doesn't mean she couldn't be raped on one of those occasions. Anyone can be raped, whether you've slept with one person or a hundred. 

He's said he wouldn't take a small lump sum as it would affect his job and he will earn far more than that over the next few years - show the evidence of where your getting this stuff from 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Without sitting through the whole case, it's impossible to comment with any authority, but it comes across in the press reports that her behaviour and not remembering what went on the next day has played a part in the not guilty verdict.  I haven't read anything that explains why she didn't persue a case or play a big part of the prosecution.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed. She wasn't, though. 

Whether that's quite correct is open to debate/interpretation.

Section 1 of the sexual offences act defines rape as a) the act, b) one party does not consent AND c) the other does not reasonably the other consents. 

She could not consent but someone reasonably believes she does and it not be rape. 

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Interestingly the grounds for compensation don't seem to include 'new evidence' - thus for compensation to be due there had to have been negligence or such by the state. The only negligence here was by his original defence team who didn't unearth this evidence quick enough.

Way I understand it is he hired a private investigator to investigate the girls sexual history. Usually this type of evidence isn't allowed to be used in a rape trial, but he was granted permission as it was relevant - because the girl had done similar before.

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Make no mistake, I think the bloke is an utter shite. That said, he must have gone through hell and back for his (now, adjudged legal) sins.

Was 'passive' on this one and certainly didn't join in with the lynch mob brigade. Always had some doubt about the credibility of the prosecution case based on the reported good lady's behaviour.

Personally, I can't wait to view all the tweets and postings from the lynch mobbers apologising for their comments. I won't be holding my breath though.

Have I heard it correctly that it was the CPS that pursued this case without the support of the original accuser? Did I also hear reported that she was texting perfectly sound and rational texts within an hour or so of the event? If so, hopefully CPS heads will roll. They have done a massive disservice to women.

I believe it's correct that the police pursued this. the original report to the police was that the woman couldn't find her bag, once the police discovered who the room belonged to (it had been booked in a false/alternative name) they dug deeper and pursued it.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The new evidence was from someone who came forward after his team appealed for witnesses and offered a 50k reward for statements given that led to a not guilty verdict. Yet again money has won here and done a massive disservice to victims of sex crimes everywhere. 

Where have you discovered that?

or are you referring to the messages that Ched's girlfriend sent to the receptionist from the night Informing him that there was a £50k reward to anyone who could provide information and asking if he knew anymore. He did NOT provide any more information so I believe your statement to be incorrect.

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Where have you discovered that?

or are you referring to the messages that Ched's girlfriend sent to the receptionist from the night Informing him that there was a £50k reward to anyone who could provide information and asking if he knew anymore. He did NOT provide any more information so I believe your statement to be incorrect.

Not to mention the implication of the extremely serious offence of perjury if anything said under oath was not correct in the witnesses interpretation. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

So he stands up in court and says that he hasn't accepted any money for his testimony and in doing some risks being done for perverting the course of justice if later found to have lied and being charged himself....but hey....that isn't good enough for some people.

Looks like some people have made their mind up about someone despite lack of full knowledge of the case that those in the court room and those on the jury had.....but hey...random person on the internet knows best must be right.

Crimestoppers have been offering cash rewards for assistance in solving crimes for years, christ the FBI offer rewards for information that can help....but I'm guessing that is all wrong as well, sounds to me like a desperate girlfriend desperately trying to protect her man who she believes is innocent of the crime he is being charged of.   But hey...some people know best.

Can't be bothered to reply to any more comments or this will simply drag on for days.

there seem to be a lot of people on here that for various reasons - age, class, upbringing/morals etc simply don't understand what young people get up to at weekends. That's not a dig at anyone nor is it a bad thing, it's just the way some people have lived.

I personally think what Ched did is disgraceful both cheating and being involved in a threesome/sharing a girl whatever happened.

However... I've been around football dressing rooms for over a decade. I've had lads holidays, I've been to some of the ultimate cess pits of the Mediterranean islands and seen what goes on first hand.

A lot of lads do go out purely to pull, some even to get group "activities"

Believe it or not, a lot of girls do exactly the same. Those who have lived a sheltered life would be absolutely disgusted by some of the things these young guys and gals get up to.

i have a few "mates" or acquaintances that have been on a reality TV show and instantly get literally hundreds of girls follow them on twitter / Snapchat etc sending them all sorts of dirty videos and pics completely unsolicited just to get attention. 

it is absolutely possible that this girl was more than happy at the time to sleep with one footballer and then allow his friend to takeover.

i think she just woke up the next day and either regretted it or felt used and perhaps wanted revenge. Or if you follow the actual evidence of the trial, the police pursued a rape claim once they realised 2 footballers had a shared a room with a girl who couldn't remember a thing.

based on the evidence that was made public, regardless of what happened Evans should never have been found guilty in the first place. 

The burden of proof is on the prosecutor and Based on what was made public there is no way anyone could say for certain that the girl did not consent to Ched - either there was more evidence that was never made public or the jury got it wrong IMO.

The re-trial just proves this. Evans is certainly guilty of being a cheat, and probably being a vile bloke depending on your opinion on the weekend drinking and shagging culture that goes on ALL over the country every weekend, but he shouldn't be labelled a rapist.

No, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club but there are pro footballers, or ex pros still earning a living from the game who have done far far worse. Lee Hughes,  Marlon King and Stan Collymore spring to mind.

Overall, the thing that concerned me most during the original conviction was how poor his defence team were, did he not understand the seriousness of what he was being charged?

Information that seemed (rightly or wrongly) to be in the public domain cast so much doubt on the lady in question with her deleted social media postings boasts of "winning big" and "buying her mates cars and taking them on holiday"  didn't strike me as someone who saw what happened as anything other than a way of earning a bit of cash for a story....however that all vanished when the CPS decided to press charges, a case that was pushed forward without the support of the lady in question whose life has been made hell, more by the actions of the CPS than the actions of what she was involved in that evening.

There are no winners in this case, Ched Evans has lost some of the prime years of his career whilst also wrongly spending time in Prison, whilst the young lady will be spending the rest of her life now living a life with a new another new identity.

Most of all, I point the finger of blame at the CPS, who should have been and should be focusing their attention on Actual Rape victims who now no doubt feel week and potentially worthless in any future battles to get their own justice. (can't find the right words)  

What doesn't help going forward is the continued feminist witch hunt I see on blogs, twitter and other media sites against Ched Evans who has done nothing over the last 5 years but try to clear his name, which he has now done in the court of law, I can imagine a very strong sense of relief in that household this evening that it is all over.

The whole thing is a nasty and shabby episode. Evans had lost so much momentum in his career - and two and a half years in prison - for behaving like a complete idiot.  I suppose it has demonstrated justice - and it has cost him very dear. It is a good episode to demonstrate to other young footballers that stupid behaviour can cost £millions. It would have been cheaper and safer to stay home with a cocoa. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The whole thing is a nasty and shabby episode. Evans had lost so much momentum in his career - and two and a half years in prison - for behaving like a complete idiot.  I suppose it has demonstrated justice - and it has cost him very dear. It is a good episode to demonstrate to other young footballers that stupid behaviour can cost £millions. It would have been cheaper and safer to stay home with a cocoa. 

Not sure I would have considered staying at home with cocoa when I was in my teens and twenties...... although not much has changed, I still like a night out now.  I maybe more aware of consequences now, but not back then, you are invincible at that age.

19 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not sure I would have considered staying at home with cocoa when I was in my teens and twenties...... although not much has changed, I still like a night out now.  I maybe more aware of consequences now, but not back then, you are invincible at that age.

I doesn't hide the fact that it was a shabby little episode.  The girl is obviously troubled and has behaviour issues herself.  He should maybe have acted in a more honourable way and mixed with more honourable people.  Not doing so has cost him £millions.  

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I doesn't hide the fact that it was a shabby little episode.  The girl is obviously troubled and has behaviour issues herself.  He should maybe have acted in a more honourable way and mixed with more honourable people.  Not doing so has cost him £millions.  

For every one instance like this that gets into the public eye and court (rightly or wrongly) there will be thousands of instances that don't, I'm not going to judge the morals of it, as others morals aren't my business.  

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

For every one instance like this that gets into the public eye and court (rightly or wrongly) there will be thousands of instances that don't, I'm not going to judge the morals of it, as others morals aren't my business.  

I agree to an extent, and I don't seek to be po faced, but I feel many people do have fairly base ways of behaving themselves.  I hope all parties can learn from the experience and become better people as a result. Evans seems to have a nice young lady now, I hope he honours and respects her.

Archived