IGNORED

Ched Evans

Real Red

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Back in court today, with the latest trial expected to take up to two weeks, maybe once and for all this can be concluded now !

Footballer Ched Evans with partner Natasha Massey, arriving at Cardiff Crown Court this morning

Evans suffered a heel injury last month, and the Mirror reports that he will not return to the first team fold until after the conclusion of the trial, which begins on Tuesday October 4 and is expected to last two weeks.

Reasons for the new trial being ordered cannot be made public until the conclusion of proceedings, as per a statement made in court by Lady Justice Hallett.

'Nothing can be reported that might prejudice the fairness of that re-trial. That means the contents of this statement may be reported and broadcast, in full, but nothing more about the appeal proceedings may be reported until the re-trial is concluded,' the statement reads.

Doubt it...... He was found guilty in a court of law and that wasn't good enough for some, so surely if he's found innocent then that won't be right for some either.  

Hopefully this case no matter what the outcome will show that it's not socially acceptable to sneak into a hotel room and have sex with your mates paralytic sloppy seconds, whether she was "up for it" or not. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair shout to his missus for standing by him . He's obviously made a huge mistake. What happens to the girl . Does she walk away free . Being accused of rape and your innocent. Unbelievable 

She didn't press charges. The CPS pressed charges on HIS account of what happened.

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I seem to remember being absolutely battered in here for suggesting he might not be guilty...

Well that's the problem. He always pleaded his innocence. But people and our society are so quick to judge . There were certain posters on here saying he was guilty before he went to trial. Poor bloke 

I have watched the whole Ched Evans events unfold and the guy needs to be commended for his continuous battle to prove his innocence. I was like many others dubious as to his innocence but as new evidence has come to the fore he has been cleared quite rightly. My concern is the woman who alleged rape may come under scrutiny as to her side of events and motivation in this whole saga?

I haven't been privy to the evidence discussed in either trail on account of me not being there for either trials.

I'm guessing that new evidence or a change in how evidence was allowed to be used in the first trial has resulted in a different verdict. 

Hopefully the outcome of the second day trial won't stop people who have been a victim of sexual assault from coming forward in future. 

Maybe it's time for all trials like this to be conducted behind closed doors and for the anonymity of the accuser and the defendant to be kept secret until after a verdict has been reached. 

6 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Some major apologies need to come from certain people. Jessica Ennis for one. 

Not sure that's coming anytime soon. 

1/1 on aggregate should we go for best out of three to decide the winner. 

Bad jokes apart the guy has blown his career and most people are over him and any club with a reputation and female supporters is unlikely to touch him.

moral of the story. Don't jump on your mates sex partner (you have never met) when he's finished particularly when said partner is out of her head, if you don't want bad things to happen. 

Congrats Ched. I'm sure your and your GIRLFRIENDS family are really prowed right now!

Problem here is the danger of the girl being slated now, when in truth neither side 'deserves' it. Fact is, they've both acted pretty scummy from what it seems, and he has now probably more than served his punishment. Should be left to get on with it with no abuse of either side... not that that will happen of course.

17 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Some major apologies need to come from certain people. Jessica Ennis for one. 

Not sure what she has to apologise for. At the time, he was convicted of what he was charged with and based on that she was entitled to voice and opinion  (granted, I don't know what she said). But following thathe logic, we should never condemn a convicted individual incase they appeal.

Whether he is technically guilty or not I still think he is a wrong un.

Anyone who thinks its normal to meet up with your friend having sex with a random girl and join is a creep in my book.

I have ended up in some pretty crazy situations when drunk over the years, but I or anyone I know would ever stoop that low!

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair shout to his missus for standing by him . He's obviously made a huge mistake. What happens to the girl . Does she walk away free . Being accused of rape and your innocent. Unbelievable 

Yep he is a real catch obviously....

Fair play to the lad, he's always stood by the fact he felt wasn't guilty of the crime he was charged and he's now cleared his name, the original conviction never seemed to make sense to me, but that's just my view.

Shame so much of his career has been ruined, hopefully for him he can get back to the level he played before.

Personally I'd have no issue if we signed him.

3 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Whether he is technically guilty or not I still think he is a wrong un.

Anyone who thinks its normal to meet up with your friend having sex with a random girl and join is a creep in my book.

I have ended up in some pretty crazy situations when drunk over the years, but I or anyone I know would ever stoop that low!

Or maybe you're boring? ;) 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Didn't say that did I . The blokes innocent he made a big mistake. Same as thousands of men and women each week. No need to be a smart ass

Maybe she should try raising the bar. Just a thought.

Sad thing here is that no one comes away from this with any credit.

Evans - loses two years of his career for what seems to be a display of arrogance and entitlement, and claims that as a footballer with money he can 'get what he wants'

Mrs Evans - for being nothing more than a doormat and probable provider of meals and for reasons I can't comprehend, willing to stand by someone who has such a low opinion of her.

The accuser - partly for allowing themself to be in a state where they had no recollection of what they were doing and also for possibly putting other people off making complaints if they find they have been assaulted.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I totally agree . But she stayed with him . The same as other couples who have cheated. And he's innocent. That's why I said fair play 

Cheated is one thing, shagging your mates pick up minutes after he did, forgiving that now that's fortitude. Well done Cheds girlfriend you have the guts Ched missed out on perhaps!?

Archived