IGNORED

Donny Replay Tickets (Merged)

Red Tel

"You are the only group to have yours reserved" - does this mean season ticket holders don't get any priority?

If so it could cause a mad scramble, especially if (as manny have suggested) holders of Doncaster tickets are given priority for the 4th round.

Yep, just booked my season ticket seats online after reading this.

Wouldn't have been happy if they'd gone though, and I'll be very annoyed if the club doesn't give STH's a period of priority if we get through.

Why do you say that about the 4th round?

No mention of it in the article. I'm sure they would have mentioned it if there was priority as it would have been a big selling point and boosted the crowd for Donny - in fact from a revenue point of view I'm surprised they haven't don't that.

Edit - to clarify, I was talking about non-STHs. I would expect STHs will get priority for the Eve/WH match if we get through.

Yep, just booked my season ticket seats online after reading this.

Wouldn't have been happy if they'd gone though, and I'll be very annoyed if the club doesn't give STH's a period of priority if we get through.

Lucky you! My ST is in the Dolman so it's going to have to be the Williams with it's pillars for me :-(

Not for Donny tickets, plus only Williams and Atyeo open!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/doncaster-cup-replay-tickets-on-sale-2186622.aspx

This is poor even by the City's usual poor standards.  No priority for season ticket holders and not opening the Dolman, The clubs says:

"With redevelopment work due to start on the lower tier of the Dolman Stand, only the Atyeo Stand and Williams Stand will be open to home supporters - unless demand dictates otherwise"

I can understand the problems the re-development causes, but if the Dolman can be opened at the last minute due to high demand, the club could plan to open it from the start.

Also, why leave the announcement until late on Tuesday? You don't need to be a genius to realise that a replay is a possibility with a cup match.  With a tiny bit of contingency planning, the announcement could have been on the club website at 9,00 am Monday morning.

No mention of it in the article. I'm sure they would have mentioned it if there was priority as it would have been a big selling point and boosted the crowd for Donny - in fact from a revenue point of view I'm surprised they haven't don't that.

Edit - to clarify, I was talking about non-STHs. I would expect STHs will get priority for the Eve/WH match if we get through.

Unless of course it won't boost revenue by that much. We are talking about Everton/West Ham so not as much demand as for the casual observer.

Plus, I believe it was planned to start Dolman redevelopment work next Monday. Considering other aspects of the construction have been delayed they may not want to delay this.

This is poor even by the City's usual poor standards. No priority for season ticket holders and not opening the Dolman, The clubs says:

"With redevelopment work due to start on the lower tier of the Dolman Stand, only the Atyeo Stand and Williams Stand will be open to home supporters - unless demand dictates otherwise"

I can understand the problems the re-development causes, but if the Dolman can be opened at the last minute due to high demand, the club could plan to open it from the start.

Also, why leave the announcement until late on Tuesday? You don't need to be a genius to realise that a replay is a possibility with a cup match. With a tiny bit of contingency planning, the announcement could have been on the club website at 9,00 am Monday morning.

Because when it comes to ticketing balls ups and incompetence Bristol City are Champions League standard

Lucky you! My ST is in the Dolman so it's going to have to be the Williams with it's pillars for me :-(

Hadn't noticed the Dolman wasn't open for this game Frenchay. Very odd if they're only expecting a max. of about 7k City fans, I think alot more than that will want to go.

As for the Williams I'm back in there after almost 20 consecutive years in the Dolman, and it's fine. In Row G I've got an unrestricted view, well below any pillars, and I haven't got wet once!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140402-st201415key-1461832.aspx

As season ticket holders WE DO get priority, what we DON'T get is 'your seat' for every game as because of the redevelopment there might be the need to move people on a match by match basis, the latter point being applied in this case.

No it isn't, in this case in theory anyone could buy those tickets and leave a lot of STHs empty handed.

As season ticket holders WE DO get priority, what we DON'T get is 'your seat' for every game as because of the redevelopment there might be the need to move people on a match by match basis, the latter point being applied in this case.

Sorry Rob.. we don't get priority it seems for this game.  They could all sell out tonight (unlikely I know) and Season Ticket Holders would miss out... even though it said in your link above 'cup ticket priority'.

Very disappointed with the club here.. I'm even more annoyed that the Dolman won't be open.. it's almost as if they don't want any fans to turn up!  

I appreciate there's building work etc.. but we're a football club and surely that should come first?   I purchase my ST as I knew seats would be in short supply and look.. doesn't even get me 24 hours priorty!!   POOR SHOW CITY!

No it isn't, in this case in theory anyone could buy those tickets and leave a lot of STHs empty handed.

I think Bristol Rob was actually saying STHs were promised priority as given by the club's publicity.

With the Dolman shut we wouldnt even be able to fit in all the STHs even when disregarding non-STHs. However, with no priority being given for the next game I cant see many non-STHs deciding to attend.

They said they'd find more space if demand was there, so I assume the Dolman could be opened. The problem now is that people might hold off buying a ticket for the Williams or Atyeo in the hope that the Dolman does open.

They said they'd find more space if demand was there, so I assume the Dolman could be opened. The problem now is that people might hold off buying a ticket for the Williams or Atyeo in the hope that the Dolman does open.

I know its not going to happen, but in theory 8000-9000 non-STHs could have bought all the tickets for the Atyeo and Williams tonight, meaning that even if the Dolman was open it wouldn't be able to hold all of the season ticket holders.

How do you work that out?

A non STH could have taken my ST seats an hour and a half ago, so how have I had priority?

And if you now book one in the Williams, because the Dolman is closed,  you may be 'taking' the seat of a STH who is unaware he has to book immediately or might lose his seat.

It's a major cock up by the club imo which is going to piss off STH's.

Sorry Rob.. we don't get priority it seems for this game. They could all sell out tonight (unlikely I know) and Season Ticket Holders would miss out... even though it said in your link above 'cup ticket priority'.

Very disappointed with the club here.. I'm even more annoyed that the Dolman won't be open.. it's almost as if they don't want any fans to turn up!

I appreciate there's building work etc.. but we're a football club and surely that should come first? I purchase my ST as I knew seats would be in short supply and look.. doesn't even get me 24 hours priorty!! POOR SHOW CITY!

Have faith, the club have never let season ticket holders down before on the 'in writing, cast iron, without quibble' benefits of committing a load of money up front for the season, even though you don't know if on the pitch results will exceed expectations.

I'm sure it would have been mentioned on here if anyone did feel cheated.

Anyone for a quick game of hangman? I'll go first.

F _ _ _ V_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hadn't noticed the Dolman wasn't open for this game Frenchay. Very odd if they're only expecting a max. of about 7k City fans, I think alot more than that will want to go.

As for the Williams I'm back in there after almost 20 consecutive years in the Dolman, and it's fine. In Row G I've got an unrestricted view, well below any pillars, and I haven't got wet once!

Well I just got one in row K block J, so a sort of mirror view from what I normally have in the Dolman! :thumbsup:

A non STH could have taken my ST seats an hour and a half ago, so how have I had priority?

And if you now book one in the Williams, because the Dolman is closed, you may be 'taking' the seat of a STH who is unaware he has to book immediately or might lose his seat.

I was just quoting the clubs own literature when they were enticing sales. Like I said though, they have never said 'your usual seat' but they have offered priority. In writing. To all prospective season ticket holders as a benefit of purchase.

And if you now book one in the Williams, because the Dolman is closed,  you may be 'taking' the seat of a STH who is unaware he has to book immediately or might lose his seat.

Having seen this thread, just sent a text to my sister suggesting she might want to get a move on to use my ticket for this one.

I think Bristol Rob was actually saying STHs were promised priority as given by the club's publicity.

With the Dolman shut we wouldnt even be able to fit in all the STHs even when disregarding non-STHs. However, with no priority being given for the next game I cant see many non-STHs deciding to attend.

To be fair most of the STH around me have been absent from the recent cup games and it's mostly non STH taking advantage of reduced prices, or displaced STH from the Atyeo who have taken the seats. Unfortunately I seem to have kids sat behind me kicking the back of the seat all through the cup games :facepalm: .

Have faith, the club have never let season ticket holders down before on the 'in writing, cast iron, without quibble' benefits of committing a load of money up front for the season, even though you don't know if on the pitch results will exceed expectations.

I'm sure it would have been mentioned on here if anyone did feel cheated.

Anyone for a quick game of hangman? I'll go first.

F _ _ _ V_ _ _ _ _ _ _

**** VANARAMA?

Archived