IGNORED

Donny Replay Tickets (Merged)

Red Tel

I just asked Adam Baker on twitter why there wasn't priority for STH and he said this:-

"We have an extremely short sales period so it's not really possible and demand is unlikely to warrant it."

I then mentioned that I thought there might have been a priority on the 4th round if you bought a Donny ticket and he said this:-

"we'll announce best way of getting priority in event we get through tomorrow ;-)"

As a complete guess, the way the tickets may have been released suddenly this evening may be to help the ticketing system cope. When selling tickets for the rovers game last year there were loads of issues with the online ticketing completely collapsing, which considering there is only a week until the replay the club couldn't afford to happen for the Donny ticket sales. By putting tickets on sale at teatime it means there are less people online (at work etc) and then they get a few hundred tickets sold overnight and then another slow ramp up in the morning as people wake up/get to their desks etc.

It also means if they do decide to announce holders of Donny tickets get priority for the Everton/West Ham game many people will have already purchased tickets.

Edit: Just thought pity those who are desicated enough to follow City away at Gillingham tonight but miss out on these tickets going on sale!

As a complete guess, the way the tickets may have been released suddenly this evening may be to help the ticketing system cope. When selling tickets for the rovers game last year there were loads of issues with the online ticketing completely collapsing, which considering there is only a week until the replay the club couldn't afford to happen for the Donny ticket sales. By putting tickets on sale at teatime it means there are less people online (at work etc) and then they get a few hundred tickets sold overnight and then another slow ramp up in the morning as people wake up/get to their desks etc.

It also means if they do decide to announce holders of Donny tickets get priority for the Everton/West Ham game many people will have already purchased tickets.

Edit: Just thought pity those who are desicated enough to follow City away at Gillingham tonight but miss out on these tickets going on sale!

Must be pretty dried out to go so far to such a god-forsaken place.

Good game so far though.

Surely if there was 4th round priority they would have announced it from the start?

Don't know what to make of Adam Baker's comment about an announcement on priority tomorrow though...

It does seem rather strange, unless my theory on it being a way of smoothing out peak demand is correct! Although someone else may have a more realistic reason!

It does seem rather strange, unless my theory on it being a way of smoothing out peak demand is correct! Although someone else may have a more realistic reason!

Other than Notts County, Donny is the only home game before the 4th round so I don't see how there could be any other way of getting priority other than buying Donny tickets. But having not first given priority to STH that would seem unlikely, because in theory a STH could then miss out on a ticket for both games.

All sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Lucky old Premier Seat holders being told this great news by their own personal Account Manager. Can this privilege be extended to ALL season ticket holders, maybe? Sounds pretty visionary stuff.

My personal account manager has been busy resolving my previous issue, so probably hasn't found time to write to me.

To be fair here, the only problem will be if demand is significantly higher than the club expect.

The demand may be lower than expected as some people may decide not to go due to the way tickets are being sold. The club will then be able to justify its decision.

Other than Notts County, Donny is the only home game before the 4th round so I don't see how there could be any other way of getting priority other than buying Donny tickets. But having not first given priority to STH that would seem unlikely, because in theory a STH could then miss out on a ticket for both games.

I meant STH get first priority (regardless of whether they attend the Donny game) and then Donny game ticket holders. Dave L has confirmed STH will get ultimate priority.

• Admin

My personal account manager has been busy resolving my previous issue, so probably hasn't found time to write to me.

I would seriously question why at least an email hasn't been sent out advising people of the sales procedure. Certainly not good creating an elite section of our fan Base for preferential treatment

I suspect that the demand will be far greater than the club anticipates, with the prospect of a home tie against Prem opposition. What's the betting that the Dolman IS opened and that there is a flood of requests for ticket changes?

That seems to be the way that BCFC does things :(

Absolutely amazing in this day and age of technology. As I have said many times on forums, me and my mate arent ST holders through choice but do go to virtually every home match and do you know what..................we log in to our account online and buy the tickets, so the club has a record that we are regular customers ( Supermarkets beware, this could catch on !!!) So where is the problem, they have details of ST Holders, they have records of us non but regular attendees so they could then formulate a plan to sell the 4th round tickets ( beating Donny of course) Methinks they dont think these things out with the true fans in mind, whats the b*****y point of computerisation if you dont use it. When the 2 stands are finished the capacity will 27k I believe, and they will need a lot of bums on seats then :cool:

Archived