IGNORED

Bristol Sport "disappointed" With Atmosphere At Ag

CyderInACan

I see on twitter that Andrew Billingham of BS was "disappointed" with the "poor atmosphere" a AG last night.

Seems a bit of a strong critique given only 1 and a bit stands were open to home supporters. Surely he could be more positive in encouraging the more vocal elements to get involved?

I should just like to say a big Thank You to those 7,000 hardy souls who braved the awful weather last night (not to mention the horrible traffic conditions following the tragic death of a lady on the M32 motorway) in order to cheer us on to the 4th round of the FA cup.

Best Regards,

Andy.

Mr Billingham is sharing what fans also feel. Fans in the so called 'singing section" predicted this season would be poor, and it has been consistently in that area.

What is a little strange is at the recent consultation in the DEH Mr Billingham was asked about unreserved seating / vocal support etc. His answers appeared either to display a lack of understanding the topic, or indifference - He didn't have any clear cogent view of the future.

It was a pretty poor atmosphere but probably not best way to for the CEO of Bristol Sport to talk to its fans?!

Ugh - everything about this sentence makes my skin crawl. Is anyone a fan of Bristol Sport, in it's entirety?

As I'm a Gloucester Rugby fan I'm obviously excluded from this

Not a pop at you Alex, I get the point you're making, but I just don't think I'm going to get used to 'Bristol Sport'

Our fans crack me up.  People have been complaining that the atmosphere has been bad at AG for years.... Now someone with some power has noticed it, you all complain.  Deary me.

That's your perception I suppose. With regards to BCFC he is nobody IMO. 

Our fans crack me up.  People have been complaining that the atmosphere has been bad at AG for years.... Now someone with some power has noticed it, you all complain.  Deary me.

I think it's the fact that he has commented about this particular game which has gone down like a French kiss at a family reunion.

An FA Cup 3rd round replay, on a shit night, against someone in our own league.....I think he needs to pick his battles

I don't know for sure, but does he thank the travelling hordes after every away game? I would doubt it

Well come on guys it was rubbish... I was in the Williams for the 1st (and hopefully last time) and was very surprised by the lack of singing.

Nothing from the Ateyo... a little bit from the 'singers' and nothing from elsewhere.

Mind you I hated the experience.. could see the match very well and actually didnt feel very welcome over there... any other Dolmanites feel the same.

We don't sing a lot... but there's more encouragement from the Dolman than from the boring Williams. (IMHO)

Well come on guys it was rubbish... I was in the Williams for the 1st (and hopefully last time) and was very surprised by the lack of singing.

Nothing from the Ateyo... a little bit from the 'singers' and nothing from elsewhere.

Mind you I hated the experience.. couldn't see the match very well and actually didnt feel very welcome over there... any other Dolmanites feel the same.

We don't sing a lot... but there's more encouragement from the Dolman than from the boring Williams. (IMHO)

Anyone who regularly visits  other football grounds knows that the atmosphere at the gate has been generally poor for the last ten years or more bar promotion and play off year. This was generally thought to be due to our  under acheiving for a city club of this size . this year it probably doesnt help having a three sided stadium. I think Shedman needs to up his game. (by at least 20 metres by the look of it) . 

Seriously he needs to sit down and shut up, he aint been here 2 minutes; another who is just passing through with a CV of being at Brum and Stoke :facepalm:

Another money man just chasing the money and will not be interested in BCFC when another offer comes up.

BCFC our life and our passion not our paid job

Fans pay his wages he dosent pay ours...enough anyway, he`ll be moving on soon enough.

What that looks like is, as someone said earlier, an employee of the club, rather than a supporter, making a clumsy attempt to look as though he cares about the fans and then asking how we think things could be improved on the atmosphere front.

I hope he got a lot of tweets back informing him that unreserved seating was the way to go, especially in the new South Stand when it's open. I would have done, but don't use twitter.

Once again this feels like a bit of friendly fire!

I'm not sure who this chap is but its a shame a person make damaging, ill thought remarks in this way. Sadly, football isn't priced to allow fans to attend every game now, the passionate "man in the street" now has to pick and choose games...

Heavy traffic, cold, wet weather, lots of games in a short space of time, so the crowd low and the atmosphere poor as a result - I'd just say well done to those who attended!

I had a ticket for this game but given the weather, two previous chest infections and the logistics of getting a pie and a pint and queueing afterwards in the rain/snow/sleet for the Atyeo I reluctantly curled up with a whisky and Radio Drivel.

I think he made a fair criticism, albeit in a clumsy manner.

There have been a lot of threads saying how poor the atmosphere has been this year, but now when a club employee says it in a tweet and then asks for ideas to make ashton gate a fortress he gets abuse, pathetic really. Perhaps the best way to go about this would be to send a shit ton of tweets with ideas and see if the club does anything. If they don't then have as big of a tantrum as you like.

Archived